Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2013, 08:12 AM - 2 Likes   #121
Pentaxian
kh1234567890's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Manchester, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,357
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Give us some fresh rumors!!!
It will have a noseprint reader ...

09-24-2013, 08:23 AM - 1 Like   #122
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,305
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Come on Ricoh, you'd had enough time to assimilate Pentax. Give us some fresh rumors!!!
There will be an Easter Egg in the firmware that contains the sum total of RiceLow's photography and photo equipment knowledge.
(Don't worry about memory issues, the file is only 87 bytes.)
09-24-2013, 08:38 AM   #123
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bronx NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,604
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Come on Ricoh, you'd had enough time to assimilate Pentax. Give us some fresh rumors!!!
I still think Pentax needs to build a camera that dispenses a chocolat bon bon every time you nail a shot; and a electric shock every time you blow one. That way one could tell the good Pentax 'togs (slightly overweight with chocolat stained fingers) from the bad Pentax 'togs (twitchy and hold their cameras gingerly)

NaCl(instanteous class recognition)H2O
09-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #124
Veteran Member
theperception2008's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Łódź, Poland and Riverside, California, U.S.A
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 488
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Not only has Pentax fallen behind in the production of cameras, but I fear that they are also falling hopeless behind in the rumors of cameras. These rumors of a K-3 and FF are so old now. Other makes have much newer, fresher, higher pixel rumors with more dynamic range and better AF.

Come on Ricoh, you'd had enough time to assimilate Pentax. Give us some fresh rumors!!!
Well Ricoh is even more tight lipped than Hoya was. People were expecting the Ricoh GR V to come out but I don't think anyone expected an APS-C sensor in it. Heck it took the wind out of the Coolpix A which is readily available in stock while the GR is still on back order...

The K-3 will be coming in a mark II variant as well, with a FF sensor. K-3II has a FF sensor. You heard is here first on Pentax Forums ;-P

09-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #125
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Iowa
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,368
The flip screen on the OMD EM5 is actually fairly limited in functional range: you can go up and down but not left or right. I don't use it that much, but I have used it a few times to get shots that would have been difficult otherwise.

Macro is an obvious use for flip screens, but one that people overlook is using it for framing for wide angle crowd shots.

Here's a practical example I got as a front page of a newspaper for Black Friday. I wanted to show all of the crazy lines at the local Target but to do that I had to get behind a display where my vision of the whole scene was blocked. So I had to raise my camera (K20D and 16-45 f/4 at the time) above the display and take a photo of what I thought was there, chimp, then retry. With an articulated screen I could have framed much more precisely. Holding your camera up high with a wide angle is a great method for showing more of a crowd off (say at a political event) if you can't reach a higher vantage point in any other way.



If they can add an articulated screen while keeping it weather sealed I think it would be a welcome addition. Not a make or break one, though, for me personally.
09-24-2013, 08:54 AM - 2 Likes   #126
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Greater Montreal Area
Posts: 736
In K-3 Specs, Specs actually means Speculations, right?
09-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #127
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Eureka, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,875
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Why has K-3 gained in weight if it's an APS-C camera in the same class as the previous K-5?
Probably to accomodate more advanced focus system, with more focus points.
09-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #128
Pentaxian
aleonx3's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,878
QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
The flip screen on the OMD EM5 is actually fairly limited in functional range: you can go up and down but not left or right. I don't use it that much, but I have used it a few times to get shots that would have been difficult otherwise.

Macro is an obvious use for flip screens, but one that people overlook is using it for framing for wide angle crowd shots.

Here's a practical example I got as a front page of a newspaper for Black Friday. I wanted to show all of the crazy lines at the local Target but to do that I had to get behind a display where my vision of the whole scene was blocked. So I had to raise my camera (K20D and 16-45 f/4 at the time) above the display and take a photo of what I thought was there, chimp, then retry. With an articulated screen I could have framed much more precisely. Holding your camera up high with a wide angle is a great method for showing more of a crowd off (say at a political event) if you can't reach a higher vantage point in any other way.



If they can add an articulated screen while keeping it weather sealed I think it would be a welcome addition. Not a make or break one, though, for me personally.
Most public places would not let you use your DSLR camera to take shots like that. You are lucky that you didn't get the security folks after you. Although, no one would complain if you use a cell phone to take pictures like that.

09-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #129
Pentaxian
Cambo's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 839
Ah ha ha ha!

QuoteOriginally posted by kh1234567890 Quote
It will have a noseprint reader ...
might as well...! Lol!

And BTW, it won't matter because PENTAX IS DOOMED!

Cheers,
Cameron
09-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #130
Loyal Site Supporter
bwDraco's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,007
The mere existence of this rumor is good news. Whether this is real remains to be seen, but we now know for sure Pentax is working on something.

--DragonLord
09-24-2013, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #131
Forum Member




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Timisoara, Romania
Posts: 74
QuoteOriginally posted by northcoastgreg Quote
Probably to accomodate more advanced focus system, with more focus points.
how much weight has a focus point?
09-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #132
Veteran Member
TenZ.NL's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Below sealevel
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,100
QuoteOriginally posted by MariusCTM Quote
how much weight has a focus point?
3.125 grams
09-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #133
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Iowa
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,368
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Most public places would not let you use your DSLR camera to take shots like that. You are lucky that you didn't get the security folks after you. Although, no one would complain if you use a cell phone to take pictures like that.
I had permission from the store manager to be there, but I know what you're saying. An articulating screen could also come in handy to take over the shoulder shots as you are running from security guards!
09-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #134
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,678
This rumor died already?! Noooooo! Just when I got back from work. An have my refreshments and popcorn ready.
09-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #135
Pentaxian
mattb123's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado High Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,245
If that price is correct it seems like they will sell well. Even if it's not leapfrogging the competition, a $1200 flagship camera seems like a good deal. I hope that's correct!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aps-c, k-3, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, sensitivity, video
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Latest FF K-3 leaked Image? Clinton General Talk 16 09-14-2012 06:00 AM
Noob question f2.0 for M4/3, APS-C and 35mm, What is the difference lightbulb Pentax DSLR Discussion 13 03-21-2012 08:24 AM
APS-C vs Micro 4/3 in DR and DOF lightbulb Pentax DSLR Discussion 16 02-24-2012 07:27 PM
Nikon D4 specs leaked eddie1960 Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 20 12-15-2011 09:56 AM
Nikon D800 specs leaked... JohnBee Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 23 11-02-2011 01:10 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:13 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top