Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2013, 09:09 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the real indicator that this is nothing more than another RH stunt is the use of the term "K-3". AFAIK, "K-3" is nothing but a figment of the collective Pentax enthusiast community's imagination. Certainly Pentax/Ricoh has never hinted at what they might call their next camera model. I'm betting, like most everyone else, that they will release a new camera later this year. But assuming it will be called "K-3" just because logic says that would be the next designation is going in the face of almost all previous Pentax naming schemes. Had the rumor stated it would be called "K-24d" I might be more inclined to believe it.

Before the k-500 was released the speculation centered on whether it would be called k-z, k-y or whatever. Nobody said it would be called k-500. Assuming Ricoh will use the designation made up by the collective imagination of wishful thinkers is dubious at best.

09-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Sorry! My bad...just dunno what got in to me.

What! Flagship! And not a FF...that's it. I'll toss towel in the corner and..then what? Pick up my K-7 and go shoot with it until it dies(battery).

Better?

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
No it wouldn't. If it isn't FF it's useless. Haven't you been paying attention?????
09-23-2013, 09:10 AM - 2 Likes   #18
bxf
Veteran Member

As the saying goes "even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while"
I'm not aware that this has ever actually been proven to be true.
09-23-2013, 09:14 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Don't we have a squirrel expert on this forum?

09-23-2013, 09:16 AM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

Hmmm.
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
If this would be about FF, saying could also go like: even blind squierell can find a unicorn some time...or so.

Sorry. Little joke. And not even good one...
09-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #21
Pentaxian

No it wouldn't. If it isn't FF it's useless. Haven't you been paying attention?????
Ya, you have a point there. This camera would only stop about 10% of the whining , crying and gnashing of teeth. I'd be happy, most of the outspoken on the forum wouldn't be.
09-23-2013, 09:18 AM - 1 Like   #22
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I'll toss towel in the corner and..then what? Pick up my K-7 and go shoot with it until it dies(battery).

Better?
Nope, won't do. You really haven't been paying attention. Not only is anything new that isn't FF useless, it's still better than previous generation APS-C cameras so they are useless as well.
Try and keep up.

09-23-2013, 09:22 AM - 2 Likes   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It appears to be nothing more than applying available FF technology to an APS-c body.
I hereby assert that is the most effective use of understatement ever posted on this Forum.

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
With those specs I may get one. Even though I really don't need a new body..
I need a new body. Unfortunately, this doesn't come with a lower aorta. So I am doomed.
09-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #24
HYS
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The prime source is Rice High ! Up to now - fairy tales.
09-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Nope, won't do. You really haven't been paying attention. Not only is anything new that isn't FF useless, it's still better than previous generation APS-C cameras so they are useless as well.
Try and keep up.
I have to admit, not been paying attention. I guess that even 645 would not work either. Too bad that I'm not too much in to a painting either, which would be almost as fast as SMD autofocus...so I have no options...pentax is doomed...
09-23-2013, 09:35 AM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I think the real indicator that this is nothing more than another RH stunt is the use of the term "K-3". AFAIK, "K-3" is nothing but a figment of the collective Pentax enthusiast community's imagination. Certainly Pentax/Ricoh has never hinted at what they might call their next camera model. I'm betting, like most everyone else, that they will release a new camera later this year. But assuming it will be called "K-3" just because logic says that would be the next designation is going in the face of almost all previous Pentax naming schemes. Had the rumor stated it would be called "K-24d" I might be more inclined to believe it.

Before the k-500 was released the speculation centered on whether it would be called k-z, k-y or whatever. Nobody said it would be called k-500. Assuming Ricoh will use the designation made up by the collective imagination of wishful thinkers is dubious at best.
Actually, the name "K-3" is confirmed

See for instance these posts: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/237607-whats-k-3-a-9.html#post2517024 and https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/237607-whats-k-3-a-9.html#post2517075
09-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Indeed, the K-3 name is confirmed; and about the K-50/K-500, IIRC asahiman mentioned those names some time before the announcement.
09-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #28
Veteran Member

27-Point AF with -3EV Sensitivity

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Well, wait until tracking tests in AF-C
09-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Didn't the forum have a good laugh over the K-3 april fools stunt? Well some did and some took it seriously and were extremely.
Well here we go again