Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
09-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
While I'm happy they at least set up something, I'm kind of disappointed in their display. Not only does it look rather thrown together, but no pentax logo anywhere? Well. Looks like Pentax doesn't exist anymore except on tiny logos on the front of the camera. I mean they couldn't even find any space in the banner to stick it somewhere. Way to go Ricoh. Nothing says arrogance like taking one of the most storied names in photography and reducing it to a nameplate on the level of Panasonic's Lumix brand.

09-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #47
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
It focuses for you even before you press a button.
QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote
Actually, that might be a breakthrough...it focuses on precisely what you're looking at, a specific point in the viewfinder, without having to press halfway on the shutter button!
I would have assumed y'all know it's been done: autofocus - How does the eye-controlled focussing of the Canon EOS 5 work? - Photography Stack Exchange

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Viewfinder? Viewfinder? We don't need no stinking Viewfinder!! It focuses where I'm LOOKING!!
I'm still working on this one.
09-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Minolta had a technology in some of their latter film SLRs (including my Maxxum 5, now there was a small camera!) called "Eye-Start Automation", which started focusing as soon as you brought your eye to the viewfinder or started moving your eye around, as I recall. According to a manual I quickly dug up: "AF and AE automatically activated/deactivated by combination of eyepiece sensors and grip sensors". As I recall I turned it off and never used it...
09-30-2013, 12:36 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by macTak Quote
Minolta had a technology in some of their latter film SLRs (including my Maxxum 5, now there was a small camera!) called "Eye-Start Automation", which started focusing as soon as you brought your eye to the viewfinder or started moving your eye around, as I recall. According to a manual I quickly dug up: "AF and AE automatically activated/deactivated by combination of eyepiece sensors and grip sensors". As I recall I turned it off and never used it...
Sony used this technology in the A100 (their first DSLR) and I would think in subsequent ones as well.