Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2013, 04:27 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mehlsack Quote
i call BS

For me right now, its about the lenses, which i really find a bit "lame".
You inclusion of the sigma 70-200f2,8 in your not that fast accusation show to me it's more a function or your perception from web wives tales than any basis in reality.

The sigma 70-200f2,8 uses a Ring type Piezo motor delivering as much or more torque than any Canon/Nikon unit so is capable of being equally fast or faster than their offerings.

So your conclusion is proven deficit Vs the facts, and if we know (which we do) that the Sigma is one of the fastest focusing lens available today then it's logical the lack luster tracking performance of all HSM/SDM lens on Pentax bodies is a result of the bodies not the lens be they SDm/DC or HSM driven..

09-26-2013, 04:31 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by solar1 Quote
Pre-production K3s are out there right now
4 hours ago
Hi there Pentaxians,

I hear there are people who have their hands on K-3s as we speak.

The specs leaked on Photorumors from Sep. 23 appear to be mostly correct: 24MP Sony sensor, new autofocus system with more AF points, no AA filter, some new RGB sensor for either metering or AF not sure which.

Some new tidbits for you to consider tonight:

-New flash system

-The AF sensors are *all* cross sensors

-Tracking AF ! !

Matt

Pre-production K3s are out there right now: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

We shall see, when we shall see.
This sounds great to me - improved AF and AF Tracking ALONE would be compelling for me even without more MP.

If this comes to fruition I know what Santa Claus is bringing me.
09-26-2013, 04:37 AM   #63

i do own a perfectly fine copy of the Sigma 70-200 HSM II (NON-OS) Version and i can assure you from an Event i attended as a photographer ( Four Hills Tournament) that (coupled with a pentax K5) is not able to compete to a Canon 70-200 F2,8.

The 18-135 is (in my opinion) faster.
The Sigma 70-200 is still one of the fastest or even fastest telephoto we can buy. Notheless it is not on par with some other 70-200f2,8

Given the fact that the Sigma DOES use the SAME technique like Canon, why should it be able to produce "more" torque?
do you have any construction insights/blueprints or "torque" tests to prove your "fact"?

There is a variety of Diesel-Engines on the car market, do they all offer the same torque and power just because its the same technique?
09-26-2013, 04:37 AM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
I heard it too... Rumor has it...

I heard rumors of rumors rumored to be just rumors of a rumored Pentax product rumored to be rumors.. Wondering when will such rumors won't be rumored to be rumors of a rumored product yet again as was rumored in previous years..

I wonder How Many Rumours Just in this Thread alone . Goodness , That Must be a record.

09-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #65

It is rumored that this it is a new record
09-26-2013, 04:49 AM   #66
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by disco_owner Quote
I wonder How Many Rumours Just in this Thread alone . Goodness , That Must be a record.
Pretty much everything said about K-3 is just rumors. There is no official info yet.
09-26-2013, 04:57 AM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not even official or semi-official rumors??? ;-)

09-26-2013, 04:58 AM   #68
Pentaxian

But, most important thing of thus rumored K-3 for sure is, that it's already outdated and it does not work. Fanboys! This same goes with that lame flashes(which are not anymore rumors).

lol.

-bad joke mode off-

It is still rumour, but really tasty one, and close to happen for months. I want real image and news. If these preproduction models are out, I wonder if 'Frank' has got one at hands right now?!
09-26-2013, 05:03 AM   #69
Inactive Account

Where can I locate the Full Spec Sheet. I'd like to know about the fps and the number of frames that can be captured in RAW and jpg before the buffer is full...........
09-26-2013, 05:04 AM   #70
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
Not even official or semi-official rumors??? ;-)
Words "official" and "rumors" don't belong together
09-26-2013, 05:04 AM   #71
Pentaxian

I think that lot of us would like to know that.
09-26-2013, 05:05 AM - 1 Like   #72
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by davetv13 Quote
Where can I locate the Full Spec Sheet. I'd like to know about the fps and the number of frames that can be captured in RAW and jpg before the buffer is full...........
*shakes magic 8-ball*

ask again later
09-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #73

The only reason I have a second system in Nikon is their far superior AF.
09-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #74
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i do own a perfectly fine copy of the Sigma 70-200 HSM II (NON-OS) Version and i can assure you from an Event i attended as a photographer ( Four Hills Tournament) that (coupled with a pentax K5) is not able to compete to a Canon 70-200 F2,8.

The Sigma 70-200 is still one of the fastest or even fastest telephoto we can buy. Notheless it is not on par with some other 70-200f2,8

Given the fact that the Sigma DOES use the SAME technique like Canon, why should it be able to produce "more" torque?
do you have any construction insights/blueprints or "torque" tests to prove your "fact"?

There is a variety of Diesel-Engines on the car market, do they all offer the same torque and power just because its the same technique?
You've lost me what 'fact'.?
"delivering as much or more torque than any Canon/Nikon unit "
The statement merely acknowledges that torque is directly related to size , step, and frequency and therefore will vary depending on model. But in the case of the 70-200 is probably greater (moving glass element heavier but matches the 70-200 for speed.)

As to speed that adds the variable of glass weight required to be moved .
Strange you say the sigma is not on par with other 70-200's when AF wise it found to be more than a match for 'other' 70-200's
(if you can stand the childishness)
Amongst others.

Maybe in return you would like to post hard evidence that SDM/DC and HSM is slower technology than USM or Silent Wave.? or is it anecdotal.?
09-26-2013, 05:07 AM   #75
Forum Member

Aren't you comparing the Sigma to lenses that are/were twice as expensive? :-) I guess that kind of explains...