Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 47 Likes Search this Thread
09-26-2013, 05:12 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote
Words "official" and "rumors" don't belong together
That's exactly why I put them together..... ;-)

09-26-2013, 05:25 AM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Promises, promises K3

Last spring I was debating whether a switch to Nikon finally made sense and decided to upgrade from the K20D to the K5IIs and wait 12 months to revisit the question. The proposed K3 specs here--if actually true--would settle the question for me and make me glad I waited.
09-26-2013, 05:44 AM   #78

Well anecdotical,good question, i dont know i used both of them on this event and the "old" sigma 70-200 wasnt as fast as the canon.
for me its personal direct experience, for you that counts to being anecdotical.

Yes the Canon is twice as expensiv ( not exactly but significant more expensive) but at least it is available.

I mean, we dont have to focus on just this one lens. the fact is that a lot of the DA* are "just" Slow drive motors/SDM and i think it is time to pair the ever advancing Pentax AF-System (which made HUGE progress in recent years) with more lenses with at least DC ( or something even faster)
09-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #79
Veteran Member

So is it REALLY Oct 8th?

The new specs on the k3, if true, are astonishing, especially the price point. Can't wait, but will still love my K5...it truly is a camera with 'soul'. Hope the K3 is as good.

Cheers,
Cameron

09-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #80
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
Hope the K3 is as good.
I hope it's better!
09-26-2013, 06:41 AM   #81
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Focus Peaking? Yes!

asahi man
Regular Member • Posts: 285

Re: Pre-production K3s are out there right now
In reply to eyolf, 53 min ago
Does the specs for the new K-3 say anything about the facility for peak focusing indication? Would be of great help when using some of my manual lenses, and also to perform manual focusing with AF lenses when doing my landscape photography.

Kind regards Eyolf

-- show signature --
Peaking yes
09-26-2013, 06:50 AM   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by solar1 Quote
asahi man
Regular Member • Posts: 285

Re: Pre-production K3s are out there right now
In reply to eyolf, 53 min ago
Does the specs for the new K-3 say anything about the facility for peak focusing indication? Would be of great help when using some of my manual lenses, and also to perform manual focusing with AF lenses when doing my landscape photography.

Kind regards Eyolf

-- show signature --
Peaking yes
If asahi man has this kind of detailed information regarding the rumored upcoming new camera, why can't he provide a complete spec of the new camera? More unsubstantiated rumors about rumors???

09-26-2013, 06:58 AM   #83
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by davetv13 Quote
Where can I locate the Full Spec Sheet. I'd like to know about the fps and the number of frames that can be captured in RAW and jpg before the buffer is full...........
Indeed. Poking about looking at other systems the D7100 is very nice but the buffer is a deal breaker. A silly move by Nikon, probably some marketing guy wanting to force folks into the higher end more expensive FF bodies.
09-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Indeed. Poking about looking at other systems the D7100 is very nice but the buffer is a deal breaker. A silly move by Nikon, probably some marketing guy wanting to force folks into the higher end more expensive FF bodies.
The thing is what these people want doesn't exist. "Affordable" nikon bodies with the good buffer and FPS are D300s + grip and D700 + grip. The sensor in D300s is as old as the K-x. You can I guess upgrade to D700, but get less pixels per subject area covered, or need longer lenses.

D4 has high FPS, and have a decent amount of MP (still not as good as d600/d7100), but is in a completely different price bracket.

So for d300/d700 users there's nothing they can upgrade to in order to increase their MP and keep the fps.

Last edited by Andi Lo; 09-26-2013 at 07:13 AM.
09-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #85
Pentaxian

I'm sure the K-3 is going to be great, but I'm not currently in the market for a new camera - my K-5 will suit me fine for a while still. So I'm actually more curious if Pentax will soon show something that really would spark interest in the brand - and I think that a new 645D model would be such an attention grabber. But there are remarkably few rumors about a new 645D - the only thing that points towards a new model is the fact that the original has dropped quite a bit in price.
09-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #86
Pentaxian

The real problem was that he upgraded from a D7000, which had decent buffer performance. The AF was improved substantially, and the AA less sensor gives great resolution, but when shooting the experience has gotten worse after an upgrade. This is a guy who has seeded his family with used Nikon bodies for years as he upgraded and got a better experience each time. Not a wise move for Nikon.
09-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #87
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
But there are remarkably few rumors about a new 645D
There is anohter thread around here somewhere entitled New Camera/s by Christmas

All the talk is about the K-3. What do you think is missing?
09-26-2013, 07:43 AM - 1 Like   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I'm sure the K-3 is going to be great, but I'm not currently in the market for a new camera - my K-5 will suit me fine for a while still. So I'm actually more curious if Pentax will soon show something that really would spark interest in the brand - and I think that a new 645D model would be such an attention grabber. But there are remarkably few rumors about a new 645D - the only thing that points towards a new model is the fact that the original has dropped quite a bit in price.
There are several mentions in interviews with PENTAX folks about the 645Dii. So it is a sure thing coming... Maybe the "big surprise and excitement" about the upcoming announcement mostly involve the 645D.

The thing is.... comparing to the past, any "leak" info regarding PENTAX new camera always turn out to be not accurate (Hoya era). Ricoh did a even better job at keeping it secret - practically no news about K-50 and K-500 before they announce it.

Any news regarding new PENTAX camera is good.... really, as long as Ricoh keeps producing k-mount cameras...
09-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
There is anohter thread around here somewhere entitled New Camera/s by Christmas

All the talk is about the K-3. What do you think is missing?
The MX-2 in in various shades of pink?
09-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #90
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by solar1 Quote
... no AA filter...
Is the lack of an AA filter turning into a trend? The K-5 II experimented with that option and the Q7 removed it all together.