Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Promises, promises K3 24mp New tracking AF

Pre-production K3s are out there right now
4 hours ago
Hi there Pentaxians,

I hear there are people who have their hands on K-3s as we speak.

The specs leaked on Photorumors from Sep. 23 appear to be mostly correct: 24MP Sony sensor, new autofocus system with more AF points, no AA filter, some new RGB sensor for either metering or AF not sure which.

Some new tidbits for you to consider tonight:

-New flash system

-The AF sensors are *all* cross sensors

-Tracking AF ! !

-Some new in-camera functions not further specified

-The body is similar to the K5, but something about Ricoh doing something different with the display.

Well that this certainly sounds like Ricoh may indeed be quite serious about expanding the Pentax lineup. Hope the announcement comes beginning of October, not towards the end. There is talk it will be Oct. 8.

I also heard something very specific about FF for next year that I nearly couldn't believe and I'm trying to get confirmed. Will let you know if I do. Also something about pro-level support...wow! 2014 could be a very big year for the brand if this holds water.

Matt

Pre-production K3s are out there right now: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

We shall see, when we shall see.

09-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It sure is getting interesting around here. Get ready for on-the-street demonstrators and lots of touchy-feely sessions in major American cities. So we have DA Limiteds, WR flashes, some hints about a ZOOM ---- what's missing?
09-25-2013, 05:47 PM - 5 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It sure is getting interesting around here. Get ready for on-the-street demonstrators and lots of touchy-feely sessions in major American cities. So we have DA Limiteds, WR flashes, some hints about a ZOOM ---- what's missing?
popcorn
09-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Silly monochrome, what's missing is a full frame.

Hurry up and come out, k-3. The sooner you come out, the sooner I can enjoy your 27 crosstype AF, AA-filterless glory in discount. I desperately hope the shutter sound is as quiet as the k-5.

09-25-2013, 06:44 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

I've been stopping myself from upgrading the K-x with a K-5II. I'm getting a feeling that my wait is worth it.
09-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonakG Quote
I've been stopping myself from upgrading the K-x with a K-5II. I'm getting a feeling that my wait is worth it.
I'm waiting for the K-3 to come out to get myself a K-5! Hopefully by my birthday in November enough people will be trading them in so I can have one!
09-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
Pentaxian

trolls can say what they want. I will buy a K-3 shortly after they are available. I"ve got a K5 now, and had a k10 before. They do seem to makeevery
model better than its predecessor

09-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Updating from K200...I know it's worth it!

Waiting for announcement to run to my local store to order.
09-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote

Man..... That's akin to a FF upgrade for you...
09-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I'm waiting for this to upgrade my K-20D

09-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonakG Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote

I just upgrade to K30 from K200 but I am also excited in the new rumors around. Hope that Ricoh's rumors is much different from Pentax's rumors before. That sounds K3 APS-C this Oct and release FA series in 2013 until 2014, then FF will be released on 2014!!!

FullFrame is coming!!!
09-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #12

I've been shooting Nikon professionally for almost a year now, with Pentax relegated to my hobbyist work. But if they do release it, and the price point is anywhere as low as PhotoRumors suggest, I'm definitely grabbing one and putting it through some work assignments.
09-25-2013, 08:51 PM - 1 Like   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tjk911 Quote
I've been shooting Nikon professionally for almost a year now, with Pentax relegated to my hobbyist work. But if they do release it, and the price point is anywhere as low as PhotoRumors suggest, I'm definitely grabbing one and putting it through some work assignments.
Many times I almost move to Nikon… seriously, especially Ebay has some deal that I can get Brand new D600 or D700 at the price of 2nd but there is something still make me stick with Pentax: Pentax community, FA Ltd, Zeiss ZK (ZK shows different color from ZA, ZF or ZE), and Voigtlander

For example:

I always feel very refresh each time I see these pics

Pentax K200D:

09-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by ledohung Quote
Many times I almost move to Nikon… seriously, especially Ebay has some deal that I can get Brand new D600 or D700 at the price of 2nd but there is something still make me stick with Pentax: Pentax community, FA Ltd, Zeiss ZK (ZK shows different color from ZA, ZF or ZE), and Voigtlander
Ay, no doubt about that. Even though I use a Nikon for work, I'm still an active member in the Pentax Malaysia User Group, and I don't really involve myself in Nikon groups either.

I still love Pentax and its offerings, I still keep my K20D and K5 and I shoot with it once in awhile. It's been my backup body at times. But I work for a newspaper and they carry Nikon lenses, so it just fit better.

Which is why if Pentax really releases the K3 at a low price (PR suggests $1,200 body only), I'd be grabbing it instantaneously. I still have my old K-mount FF lenses. No FA or DFA, but I wouldn't mind re-investing in Pentax for some of them.

For Pentax, I'd go double-brand.
09-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #15

I heard a rumor here that although it's not FF, the IQ is close to 645D.