Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 99 Likes Search this Thread
10-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #451
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by StrasburgBarry Quote
Thanks for boiling this all down to being "ridiculous and paranoid," and wanting a cookie. Childish comments are always appreciated. This IS a Pentax forum AND their objective IS to sell Pentax cameras. I never said or implied there was anything wrong with that. Only that THAT IS their objective. Once again, anyone who doesn't believe that IS being naive.
You may want to read your first post again ?

10-03-2013, 02:36 AM   #452
Banned

This IS a Pentax forum AND their objective IS to sell Pentax cameras.
Incorrect.

This is an independent forum for Pentax gear fans that is NOT affiliated with, nor endorsed by Ricoh-Pentax in any way.
10-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #453
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by -Linus- Quote
# Ron Hendriks
Mine from Webprint.nl Oldenzaal where OK, But I used the K5 only on Base ISO.

-Linus-
fotofabriek.nl has an offer for A1 print for 5 euro. Nice price to make some.
10-03-2013, 02:45 AM   #454
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I'm trying to get my feet wet by being a second shooter with a local pro and I shoot the D800 primarily with him on hired shoots, unfortunately he gets all the images I produce and I can't use them in my flickr page. But for that setting the D800 and FF is the way to roll.
Somehow I think that someone is fooling you

10-03-2013, 05:14 AM   #455
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Somehow I think that someone is fooling you
it was actually a bit of a pain in the original negotiation for this. I'm getting paid pretty well for my services, and he hasn't raised his prices, giving me 40% of his gross. (ie, if he gets $1000 for a shoot from the client, I'm getting $400. that $1000 may include a few prints, all the processing time, travel, etc.). and it was me that approached him as a second shooter. so I don't think I'm doing too bad for what is essentially a "intership" so to speak. I get to keep the client data, and clients are allowed to contact me directly for other sessions. I'm allowed to keep the files, but not distribute without written permission from both him and the client.

the idea is that it's his name and reputation, and if I edit the way I want and throw it online and the customer sees that he could get into trouble.
10-03-2013, 05:16 AM - 1 Like   #456
Veteran Member

regarding the hump:

I think your all wrong. I have heard that this houses a quick charging capacitor. On shutter release the capacitor discharges into the new form of sensor, a liquid gel 24mp sensor. This gets rid of the need for an shake reduction motor by allowing the photosites to actually travel on their own to track camera shake. It can also track small movements, like stars.

ok.... my attempt at 6:00 am brilliance failed.
10-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #457
Pentaxian

Sorry for being a party pooper but the "bump" only conceals a headphone port.

10-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #458
Veteran Member

The bump looks a bit ungainly to me: I hope its smaller in real life than it appears on the photo. The lens doesn't appear to be attached to the camera body properly, either. Looks to me as though it's been PhotoShopped on. I'd be very surprised if it was a headphone port. That would be poor design, indeed.
10-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #459
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This IS a Pentax forum AND their objective IS to sell Pentax cameras. I never said or implied there was anything wrong with that. Only that THAT IS their objective. Once again, anyone who doesn't believe that IS being naive.
Barry,
First, this is not a Pentax forum, has no relationship with RICOH or Pentax. If it did I'm sure most members would have already been banned for criticizing the brand. The owner of this site also runs a NikonForums site and has announced a CanonForums site will be coming soon.

Second, the k-3 is not a FF camera, just a replacement for the current k-5II with an APS-C sensor, so maintaining that this forum is designed only for Pentax to push FF cameras is just plain wrong on several fronts.

Third, I don't think anyone on this forum is naive about anything Pentax/Ricoh are doing, we all like the brand, for various reasons but the warts are quite visible and often pointed out.

Fourth, as far as I know no one from Pentax posts here officially or unofficially, much as we would like them to. So :
This whole discussion is Pentax's effort to stir up interest in and sales of a FF format camera. Period.
is hard to believe.

You are entitled to your opinion, and as a long time Pentax user we would value your comments and experience. However, starting rumors such as what you posted does no one any good and unlike a spoken conversation, posts on the internet can and do get copied and quoted again and again, often out of context. If you have some proof that this forum is really a secret marketing tactic of Ricoh I would love to see it as I'm sure many others would.
10-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #460
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
it was actually a bit of a pain in the original negotiation for this. I'm getting paid pretty well for my services, and he hasn't raised his prices, giving me 40% of his gross. (ie, if he gets $1000 for a shoot from the client, I'm getting $400. that $1000 may include a few prints, all the processing time, travel, etc.). and it was me that approached him as a second shooter. so I don't think I'm doing too bad for what is essentially a "intership" so to speak. I get to keep the client data, and clients are allowed to contact me directly for other sessions. I'm allowed to keep the files, but not distribute without written permission from both him and the client.

the idea is that it's his name and reputation, and if I edit the way I want and throw it online and the customer sees that he could get into trouble.
Okay so there is a good win-win situation. Then you can enjoy it and learn along the line.
10-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #461
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Barry,
First, this is not a Pentax forum, has no relationship with RICOH or Pentax. If it did I'm sure most members would have already been banned for criticizing the brand. The owner of this site also runs a NikonForums site and has announced a CanonForums site will be coming soon.

Second, the k-3 is not a FF camera, just a replacement for the current k-5II with an APS-C sensor, so maintaining that this forum is designed only for Pentax to push FF cameras is just plain wrong on several fronts.

Third, I don't think anyone on this forum is naive about anything Pentax/Ricoh are doing, we all like the brand, for various reasons but the warts are quite visible and often pointed out.

Fourth, as far as I know no one from Pentax posts here officially or unofficially, much as we would like them to. So : is hard to believe.

You are entitled to your opinion, and as a long time Pentax user we would value your comments and experience. However, starting rumors such as what you posted does no one any good and unlike a spoken conversation, posts on the internet can and do get copied and quoted again and again, often out of context. If you have some proof that this forum is really a secret marketing tactic of Ricoh I would love to see it as I'm sure many others would.
Well said!
10-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #462
Veteran Member

Thanks for boiling this all down to being "ridiculous and paranoid," and wanting a cookie. Childish comments are always appreciated. This IS a Pentax forum AND their objective IS to sell Pentax cameras. I never said or implied there was anything wrong with that. Only that THAT IS their objective. Once again, anyone who doesn't believe that IS being naive.

The only problem is this forum is not run or affiliated with Pentax so Pentax does not influence the discussions on here so no it is not the objective of this discussion or any others on here to sell more Pentax Cameras
10-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #463
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm glad it's not run or affiliated with Pentax, don't want to get banned or de-friended like on facebook...
It is a frenzy sometimes and interesting to watch.
10-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #464
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hangman43 Quote
The only problem is this forum is not run or affiliated with Pentax so Pentax does not influence the discussions on here so no it is not the objective of this discussion or any others on here to sell more Pentax Cameras
Well I don't think Ricoh would need to stir the pot anyway, we can do it ourselves...
10-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #465
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 7samurai Quote
I'm glad it's not run or affiliated with Pentax, don't want to get banned or de-friended like on facebook...
I think we would all have been banned already....................