Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #91
Veteran Member

The bulges on the edge of the body suggest it might have a hinge along there, perhaps for a vari-angle LCD.

09-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #92
Inactive Account

QuoteQuote:
No prism.
In the K-x, it's all done by mirrors!
Oops. You're right. Kx and Kr had pentamirrors. But this doesn't change the fact that both of them had the same viewfinder specs and that the Kr's pentamirror housing was made taller (compared to the Kx) to add the little red LEDs. So, the K3's taller prism housing might be to accomodate new electronic components needed for a new AF led overlay (more focus points, Canon style LCD overlay, etc...)

Last edited by hopey; 09-26-2013 at 03:46 PM.
09-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
looks like it maintains grip compatibility. What's up with the little hump and door under the K-3 badge? Like the k-50, it's a bit more generic looking than its predecessor.
If that little hump is a headphone jack, I will jump over the moon.
It's right next to the mic in, so it would make sense for it to be that.

Please -oh - please.

09-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #94
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I went from a K20 to a K5 about a year ago and therefore wasn't too interested in the K5ii although the AA-free K5iiS sounded interesting. If the rumoured specs are true (esp regarding AF points, AA filterless and 24MP) then this could be one helluva camera. I am not obsessed with FF - it would be great if Pentax released one just to give the brand some much needed clout, but bottom line the K5 is a top camera and this K3 looks like it could be a significant step up. Look forward to seeing what eventuates

09-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
The K-5/II body is the best I've ever used ergonomically
While I do like the K-5 design, as a left-eye shooter the ergonomics leave a LOT to be desired. That whole panel of controls on the right of the body rear (AF button, green button, AF switch) is in-accessible when shooting unless I move my face away from the eyepiece - or tilt my face about 90 degrees away.
09-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #96
Forum Member

The K3 isn't looks like the pictures. It's a little bigger, and heavier than the K5.
The body will be the same as the FF Pentax in 2014.
The k3 grip is not the same as K7-K5 grip.
The new AF is incredibly better than K5.
Double Sd slot, and many more improvements.
Less than two weeks......
09-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ricardoruca Quote
The K3 isn't looks like the pictures. It's a little bigger, and heavier than the K5.
The body will be the same as the FF Pentax in 2014.
The k3 grip is not the same as K7-K5 grip.
The new AF is incredibly better than K5.
Double Sd slot, and many more improvements.
Less than two weeks......
How do you know this?

09-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #98
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
How do you know this?
I can't tell it. You only have to wait less than two weeks.
The K3 is incredible, a big jump from K5.
You'll see soon.
Regards

09-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #99

Very excited by what may be coming up from Ricoh regardless of FF or APS-C I'm excited.
09-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Big Dave Quote
I believe that it is a fake. These usually have a flaw. In this case it has a DA half frame lens mounted. A real full frame body would use a FA or other full frame lens. Or is this just another crop body.
The prism housing still has a flash and is smaller in some ways. While it needs not be very big (e.g. the old Olympus OM1 film camera), it certainly needs to be larger than the current small APS-C prism (1.5x larger at the base in theory) in a FF camera, which would take away room to house the flash. Hard to tell if the extra mm at the top is sufficient for a larger prism; possibly. There are a lot of differences between the K-7/5/5II design and this image for a photoshop job. Possible with the right tools, and if it's a fake, it's an impressively well done fake....

Last edited by regor; 09-26-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Typo + clarification of what I meant
09-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You'll see soon.
Regards
Seems like Spain is way ahead of us here in North America, by the "sound" of it!

If you have a NDA, we wouldn't want you to be DOA.

JP
09-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #102
Veteran Member

Maybe 1mm if you scale the pictures so the lenses are of equal size !
09-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You'll see soon.
Regards
Hmm...if you say so.

Whatever camera you *are* privy to, it would not surprise me that you are seeing the FF mock-up and not the actual K-3 APS-C.

Given the recent releases from Ricoh, they seem to LOVE going into the Pentax/Hoya parts bin and giving us something "new" based on something old.
I think the camera image we are seeing in this thread is *very* likely the new K3.

It makes sense as does the Q7/K50/500 that the K-3 would be a tweak of the K-5.

I would/will be very surprised if they are putting the K-5/II/APS-C successor in the same body as the mythical FF that is supposed to come next year.

Doing so would not make sense in that a different FF body will give Ricoh the ability to sell several different FF cameras, based on the same body.
No one puts their FF innards in the same body they share with their APS-C cameras.

No, I think the image we are seeing is, in fact the new K-3.

Last edited by LaurenOE; 09-26-2013 at 04:05 PM.
09-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #104

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by regor Quote
Maybe 1mm if you scale the pictures so the lenses are of equal size !
This is the point. Maybe the 18-135 was faked in to hide the fact that the bodies have different sizes. Better check for the size of the front dial or the mode dial and it becomes obvious that the K-3 is a bigger cam (at least that's my first impression - not measurement).
09-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #105
Veteran Member

Looks cool...i will wait for specs until I gush or dismiss it.
But what I would like is focus peaking (love it on my k-30) and an articulating screen...i know some people dont want one, but my friend has one on her D5200 and it is so freakin handy!