Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 99 Likes Search this Thread
09-26-2013, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JayR Quote
So with an 18-135 zoom shown it isnt the full frame model then.
Jeez.

IT ISN'T FULL FRAME!!

09-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The lens has a "PS Mount", the grey rings are all wobbly and uneven.

Greetings
09-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #123
Veteran Member

When can I order?
09-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #124
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogunturkay Quote
Published new!

Source
The lens is definitely a fake addition. The rings are not concentric and there are real deviations from circular. This camera may well be a FF with the lens added to add confusion for the rumor mill to have fun with. OR It may have been photographed with an as yet unannounced lens (FF?) that is to remain secret.

PS> I'm going against the tide here and predicting it is a FF camera
A 24MP FF camera
or
A 54MP camera with a 24MP APS-C crop mode
or
A 36MP Camera with a 15MP APS-C crop mode

Both later scenarios would be killer solutions in allowing people to use their APS-C glass and gradually add or transition to FF glass as it is released by Pentax/Ricoh.

PS2> The width of the lens is too big in relation to the placement of the buttons around the mount - It covers them way more than it should considering the lens is not tapered or does not have any flared conical sections in it's profile. The body is probably bigger than a K-5 and the extra weight also hints at that (if that's a true spec).

PS3>
The PENTAX decal 'just fits' on the housing now and it does appear the edges of the housing are tapered more hinting that the profile would show a very deep flash reach (like the K-30)
The Pentaprism is also higher too, possibly containing a GPS circuit or just a bigger prism because it may well be a FF camera.

I'm still predicting a FF

Last edited by bossa; 09-26-2013 at 06:59 PM.
09-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #125
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SimonomiS Quote
Just to stoke the fires a bit further...
No!!!! Why did it get narrow, the vast expanse of finger-space on the K-5 is gone! I hate cameras where my fingers rub up against the lens mount.
Nitpicking...it will probably feel fine.
09-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #126
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
The lens is definitely a fake addition. The rings are not concentric and there are real deviations from circular. This camera may well be a FF with the lens added to add confusion for the rumor mill to have fun with. OR It may have been photographed with an as yet unannounced (or FF) lens that is to remain secret.

PS> I'm going against the tide here and predicting it is a FF camera
I don't know. Not according to Vylen and Fotoforensics earlier in the thread.

But I have this funny niggling little itch behind my left ear that point number 2 just might be right. I mean, what's with the sudden jump in the rare A* and F* and FA* lenses?

Nah. Can't be. It's APSc. The FF is in 2014.
09-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #127
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
The K-x is better than the K-5 in this regard. I gave up using the green button on the K-5 and never use the K-5's AF button either, because it's too awkward.

I wonder what proportion of camera users around the world are left eye shooters. I notice that the control spacing on some cameras and brands (Canon random eg 6D and Nikon random eg D7100) seems a bit more accommodating to left-eye shooters. I doubt that was accidental.
I'm surprised that you don't use the AF button on the K5. That's all I use to focus with. The green button is essential, because often I have to push it to reset the exposure when I am in changing conditions.

09-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #128
Veteran Member

My prediction is its an APS-C baby brother to a FF with the same guts but a bigger sensor to be released this spring.
09-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #129
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
I'm surprised that you don't use the AF button on the K5. That's all I use to focus with. The green button is essential, because often I have to push it to reset the exposure when I am in changing conditions.
I would use them on the K-5 if my nose did not obstruct those buttons. That's the issue. Try it yourself shooting with your left eye. It's awkward, unless you keep your eye about 2cm away from the viewfinder. Aside from accessing them, IMHO those buttons are also too small and bunched together. The K-x and K200D button placements operate better.
09-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #130
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
I'm puzzled, though, why Ricoh would have kept so closely to the lines of the old K5 when they have deliberately moved away from existing models to a new design with the K50 and K500.
The K-7/K-5 body design (and button placements) was highly respected by many in terms of ergonomics, by Pentax users and even those from other brands. Might not have won any awards, but in terms of functionality I think it's best to do only minor facelifts so as not to hinder functionality. A few tweaks won't hurt, though.
09-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mock Quote
No!!!! Why did it get narrow, the vast expanse of finger-space on the K-5 is gone! I hate cameras where my fingers rub up against the lens mount.
Nitpicking...it will probably feel fine.
That bulbous extension of the mount on the right hand side (from usage perspective) is to allow using one of your fingers to help leverage and stabilize the body.

I don't believe it's smaller than the K-5 because the lens is too wide in relation to the buttons on the mount (obviously a PS error of scale). I could be wrong though because the PENTAX decal is the same size in both shots of the K-5 & K-3. That would probably mean the grips are not interchangeable.
09-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
My prediction is its an APS-C baby brother to a FF with the same guts but a bigger sensor to be released this spring.
Sensible. Similar to what Nikon and Canon have done, reusing some FF guts like Af systems down the line on some of their APS-C's, and like Pentax did the other way around with the 645D.
09-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #133
Veteran Member

I wanna see if Pentax can top their own SAFOX X with a faster one. Too bad it can't be seen by looking at the camera alone
09-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #134
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Q10 ---> Q7 deja vu, all over again?
09-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #135
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
awesome!
Not much difference! WIFE WON'T NOTICE!!

Now, do tell me before this thing is released, how do I repaint my blue K-30 to make it black? and where can I buy a "0"?