Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 99 Likes Search this Thread
09-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #196
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Interesting for them to put a silhouette of a camera there. Are they going to reveal a new product?

09-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #197

I find this all quite exciting, and I don`t even own a Pentax
09-27-2013, 06:42 AM   #198
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
All right. Here's the solution.

If you don't use a lens as a measure, but shutter release button and size of the logo, and align one picture above another, the bodies match in width.
So I believe the grip will fit too. But, the K-3 is a bit taller. Just a little. A bit bigger / different pentaprism / magnification? Don't know.

However, as said above, K3 has gained a bit in volume here and there, has more stuff in it.
The front control wheel on the aleged K-3 appears a little bit smaller than the same part on the K-5. I truly doubt the wheel itself is smaller so that suggests these photos are not of identical scale.
09-27-2013, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #199
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Indeed, when I hand my pictures to my customers, they really value them because they instantly see they were made with a camera that has a metal alloy body.
Do they see the difference between an image shot full frame and APSC?

Does your back thank you because your carrying nearly half the weight...or does it scream at you because your hauling a FF?

How does your bank account feel buying a 70-200 f2.8 VRII vs a DA*50-135mm f2.8?

Do you like to use 1/8000" shutter speed or 5 frame exposure bracketing? How about a front IR remote port?

09-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #200
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote

Does your back thank you because your carrying nearly half the weight...or does it scream at you because your hauling a FF?

How does your bank account feel buying a 70-200 f2.8 VRII vs a DA*50-135mm f2.8?

Do you like to use 1/8000" shutter speed or 5 frame exposure bracketing? How about a front IR remote port?
Yeah, Ok, but . . . FF!
09-27-2013, 06:56 AM   #201
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My client that uses my pictures of their products for their webshop, which enlarges the pictures when you hover the mouse over their products... YES they notice the difference in resolution.

As soon as I can justify buying a 645D, I'll cary THAT around everywhere I go.
09-27-2013, 07:06 AM - 1 Like   #202
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
My client that uses my pictures of their products for their webshop, which enlarges the pictures when you hover the mouse over their products... YES they notice the difference in resolution..
I'd be very, very curious to know what type of product requires screen display that cannot be satisfied by APS-C.

09-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #203
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yet

QuoteOriginally posted by limpet Quote
I find this all quite exciting, and I don`t even own a Pentax
Correction, You don't own a Pentax Yet
09-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #204

QuoteOriginally posted by richard balonglong Quote
It may be overrated, but still a usefull format for many photographers especially for those who have specific purpose, it may be for shallower dof or a better low light performance or for photgraphers that are in demand for better larger prints. FF is not for all, also for APS-C. And if you point out the 645D, it may be too much for those who want o step up from APS-C...
When you can get tack sharp 16 X 20s from an APS-C Pentax camera what really is the point of full frame? Sorry, still not sold on it.
09-27-2013, 08:01 AM   #205
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StrasburgBarry Quote
When you can get tack sharp 16 X 20s from an APS-C Pentax camera what really is the point of full frame? Sorry, still not sold on it.
Why buy a 50mm/1.4 lens that can get a sharp image at f/2 when you can already shoot same tack sharp image with the 1855 kitlens at f/8?

Why buy a DA 50-135 when the DA 50-200 covers more range, and is good enough to take photos of my kids at f/8?

FF is exactly the same thing It's about having options. If you dont need the options that FF provides, great! Save your money and mental stress and be happy with the one you have.

And the IQ of practically all FF bodies are excellent, the DR and the way the image responds to Lightroom highlight / shadow recovery (and all the other sliders really) is unbelievable. High ISO of all currently produced bodies beats any APS-C sensors. K-5 was lauded as a great camera when it was released since the IQ is roughly equal to Canon 5Dii in lab measurements. In fact that's actually a compliment for Canon 5dii, as it is a much older tech

Last edited by Andi Lo; 09-27-2013 at 08:07 AM.
09-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #206

QuoteOriginally posted by hopey Quote
If i remember right, Pentax stated back at the time that the Kx lacked focus points because of the prism housing design and that they changed it in the Kr to add them. I think Kr's and Kx's viewfinders were the same size.
AF sensor has behaind of mirror. But the tiny ligth wath see throw the view finder is in the Focusun screen just behsin of the penta mirror/prism
09-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #207
wll
Veteran Member

New ISO Rating Question ?

Does anyone have an idea what the ISO rating will be on the K-3 ?

I'm hoping that it is as good as the K-5 series is in low light, for me that is a big point.

wll
09-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #208
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
Does anyone have an idea what the ISO rating will be on the K-3 ?

I'm hoping that it is as good as the K-5 series is in low light, for me that is a big point.

wll
I don't think we know for sure but if it was only as good as a K-5 people would be disappointed. I'd expect it to be considerably better.
09-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #209
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Why buy a 50mm/1.4 lens that can get a sharp image at f/2 when you can already shoot same tack sharp image with the 1855 kitlens at f/8?

Why buy a DA 50-135 when the DA 50-200 covers more range, and is good enough to take photos of my kids at f/8?
Well, most people never buy another lens, and most people won't buy a FF ILC either.
09-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #210
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
The lens is definitely a fake addition. The rings are not concentric and there are real deviations from circular. This camera may well be a FF with the lens added to add confusion for the rumor mill to have fun with. OR It may have been photographed with an as yet unannounced lens (FF?) that is to remain secret.

PS> I'm going against the tide here and predicting it is a FF camera
A 24MP FF camera
or
A 54MP camera with a 24MP APS-C crop mode
or
A 36MP Camera with a 15MP APS-C crop mode

Both later scenarios would be killer solutions in allowing people to use their APS-C glass and gradually add or transition to FF glass as it is released by Pentax/Ricoh.

PS2> The width of the lens is too big in relation to the placement of the buttons around the mount - It covers them way more than it should considering the lens is not tapered or does not have any flared conical sections in it's profile. The body is probably bigger than a K-5 and the extra weight also hints at that (if that's a true spec).

PS3>
The PENTAX decal 'just fits' on the housing now and it does appear the edges of the housing are tapered more hinting that the profile would show a very deep flash reach (like the K-30)
The Pentaprism is also higher too, possibly containing a GPS circuit or just a bigger prism because it may well be a FF camera.

I'm still predicting a FF
I hope you are right.... I hope you are right...

My guess is, if the FF is ever here, will be announce and the earlier arrival date is next year. This K-3, is a APS-C.

.... for me, as long as there is a new K-mount flagship camera from Ricoh (and keep the PENTAX brand on the camera), I am happy, I am happy.