Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 99 Likes Search this Thread
10-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #466
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by snake Quote
Incorrect.

This is an independent forum for Pentax gear fans that is NOT affiliated with, nor endorsed by Ricoh-Pentax in any way.
I see a lot of reviews of non-Pentax products here, and have never seen undue Pentax bias, just pretty much "call it like it is" kind of information, nothing like you would find at a Corporate sponsored site.

I do know that there is a great deal of "Squirrel Support" behind the scenes on PF, but I have never been privy to just how that works or what it means for Pentax? All I know for sure is that if you go into the Woods of Otis and say out loud "Pentax" , you will hear it echo back to you from hundreds or more tiny squirrel voices, some adding things like "Praise be to Pentax!".
If you say Nikon, Canon, Sony, or even Fuji, you better be wearing a raincoat!

Best Regards!

10-03-2013, 12:57 PM - 1 Like   #467
Pentaxian

Rupert, the newbies here may not be aware of Otis' role in your life, and may think you're crazy. We all think you're crazy too but we're used to it.
10-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #468
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Rupert, the newbies here may not be aware of Otis' role in your life, and may think you're crazy. We all think you're crazy too but we're used to it.
This forum would be nothing without Rupert's meticulous reports of the raccoon situation in north-central Texas We are all in his debt. As indeed are the raccoons judging by the amount they take from that squirrel feeder.
10-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #469
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Yes Norm, it's true that Otis is not known by many newbies, but in time they will be acquainted, no doubt! As you pointed out, newbies are fast learners, they already know I'm crazy!

Mecrox...Raccoons at night, squirrels by day, throw in a few possums and a couple of armadillos every so often, and it makes for some fun shooting...if you enjoy them, that's what matters most to me!

For you newbies, let's start slow.......here is one of Otis' "baby photos". I'll try to post some current shots, but now that he is a big important squirrel, I have to have an appointment and lots of cash or fresh exotic nuts to get a shot of him.

Who would have ever guessed that he would one day be the leader of the world's largest Army of Squirrels?
[IMG] [/IMG]

Some great leaders like to lead the charge, others lead from behind, Otis like to lead from a nice comfy tree limb!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!

10-04-2013, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #470
Pentaxian

We've gone from alleged pictures of a K-3, to what the bump is, to Pentax marketing, to why you need a full frame to Otis. Did we miss any of the standard topics?
10-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #471
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
We've gone from alleged pictures of a K-3, to what the bump is, to Pentax marketing, to why you need a full frame to Otis. Did we miss any of the standard topics?
We haven't seen "Pentax is doomed!" yet, or I've missed it. I'm starting to think it is doomed though.
10-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #472
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

MAP pricing?

10-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #473

Of all the tangential thinking of these last posts, the photos of Otis make the most sense. Thanks!
10-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #474
Veteran Member

There should be a deprecation indicator on the control panel for these threads. I could always unsubscribe but then I'd miss the squirrel pictures.
10-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #475
Veteran Member

I think we've yet to discuss what unexpected, unrequested features will be in the K-3... Remember when everyone was talking about the imminent DFA WR 100 macro? I didnt
10-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #476
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
I think we've yet to discuss what unexpected, unrequested features will be in the K-3... Remember when everyone was talking about the imminent DFA WR 100 macro? I didnt
I think it's time to talk about the DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED WR that will be announced together with the Pentax K-3 .
10-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #477
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I think it's time to talk about the DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED WR that will be announced together with the Pentax K-3 .
Nooo, that would actually make some sense, which is very un-pentaxy.
10-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #478
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
We haven't seen "Pentax is doomed!" yet, or I've missed it. I'm starting to think it is doomed though.
Starting?
10-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #479
Pentaxian

Until now he was just warming up
10-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #480
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
un-pentaxy
Hey Now. That's MY word-of-the-day.