Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #31
Veteran Member

No one's going to fit through the doors of this open day. They're only 23.7mm wide by 15.7mm high.

09-28-2013, 01:51 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The silhouette of the camera against the sunrise signifying a new dawn for Pentax? I hope it's not a sunset!

I'm being facetious, of course. I'm dead excited... and have my finger on the trigger (and cash set aside) to pull as soon as it can be pre-ordered. O please let the rumoured specifications be right!! FF or APSW-C... I want!!!
09-28-2013, 02:06 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
I seriously doubt SRS would post this based on rumours. The are not only pro-Pentax, they also have a very good relation with Pentax I believe. I ordered with them several times and on each occasion I got a copy of the new product concerned before they were available through other sources.

Even after the recent "leaks" I was counting on everything being based on nothing but someone's fanciful speculations. After seeing this I think we can be certain a new body will be announced that will match up with the specs recently posted. I'm looking forward to it!!! Even if the camera will be too late for this year's big trip. At least I'll have ample time to get used to the new features before the next...

Wim
I tend to agree with you there, Wim. All the increase in rumours, specs trhoughout the web, hints by salesman etc, indicate something new is coming. Now that SRS has put this on their site it surely makes things a lot more creditable.
OTOH I remember the Sigma 120-300 F2.8 in K-mount listed on B&H for months (which still isn`t available in Kmount...)

QuoteQuote:
There's a few things that make me think it isn't: 24MP, overall pessimism, all the rumor mills saying it's APS-C, the weight gain of only 40 grams, the APS-C lens on the front of the thing, no rumors of lenses.
Hmm, wasn`t there a rumoured 18-85 F2.8?
09-28-2013, 02:08 AM - 2 Likes   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SRS's Pentax record is indeed unequaled. I've bought several bodies and lenses from them over the years both new as well as used. They ship across Europe within a few days, I've even had deliveries from UK to NL in 48 hours flat.

Just bought a demo-K-30 off them for my daughter a week ago and although the auction didn't mention anything about a strap, they had one in my mailbox just as soon as I had politely asked them if they would still have a spare laying around somewhere - no charge, just service! Stuff like that keeps me coming back.

A new Pentax announced by SRS means business. Although I'll likely stick with my K-5 (legacy model) for some time to come and am saving up for a Ricoh GR, it's good to see all of the people going on about the demise of Pentax proven wrong yet again. If and when my K-5 does wear out, I have no desire to shop for another brand - all make good cameras, no doubt about that, but all of my Pentax bodies to-date have just proven a natural fit to my needs so I see zero reason to want to change.

09-28-2013, 03:11 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
I tend to agree with you there, Wim. All the increase in rumours, specs trhoughout the web, hints by salesman etc, indicate something new is coming. Now that SRS has put this on their site it surely makes things a lot more creditable.
OTOH I remember the Sigma 120-300 F2.8 in K-mount listed on B&H for months (which still isn`t available in Kmount...)
True, but B&H isn't SRS. On a side note, the Sigma 120-300/2.8 is the only reason I would like to see Pentax make a FF body. I would never get a FF, but I think the main reason Sigma isn't releasing some of its offering for Pentax might just be because Sigma considers these lenses as made for FF. I would happily stick this 120-300 on my APS-C though!!

Wim
09-28-2013, 03:45 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Don`t get me wrong, I do think 8th oct something will be announced and SRS will have it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
I would happily stick this 120-300 on my APS-C though!!
Me too! Especially with the rumours about the improved AFsystem.
09-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Don`t get me wrong, I do think 8th oct something will be announced and SRS will have it.

Me too! Especially with the rumours about the improved AFsystem.
Me three! But i'm also keen to know if they will overhaul the flash system.. Wishful thinking of something like Nikon CLS which has remote TTL adjustment.. Oh please...

09-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
Me three! But i'm also keen to know if they will overhaul the flash system.. Wishful thinking of something like Nikon CLS which has remote TTL adjustment.. Oh please...
nonono, wait a minute. that would mean it would make sense to buy these over-expensive, over-complex brand name flashes now. this and weather sealing.. i'm quite happy with my kung-pao flashes, please don't go spoiling it for me.
09-28-2013, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
Well, sofar Ricoh has been quite methodical in their approach. I wouldn`t be surprised if they actually did overhaul the flashsystem and launched the new flashes as an "early warning sign" to what is coming.
09-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #40
Banned

Well, sofar Ricoh has been quite methodical in their approach. I wouldn`t be surprised if they actually did overhaul the flashsystem and launched the new flashes as an "early warning sign" to what is coming.
Without new cameras, we still have no idea how the new flash system can work.
Nor why have they issued two distinct colours of the new DA Ltds.
No new cameras, and all these pretty new things are still old.
09-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #41
Pentaxian

Nor can we look at the new flash manuals to figure it out.
09-29-2013, 01:31 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Without new cameras, we still have no idea how the new flash system can work.
Nor why have they issued two distinct colours of the new DA Ltds.
No new cameras, and all these pretty new things are still old.
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Nor can we look at the new flash manuals to figure it out.
This is news and rumours, right?
It`s only guessing but since only HDcoated lenses have the red ring, wouldn`t that be a trademark of the new HDcoating?
The WRflashes (and the HD ltd`s) are still not available in store too, maybe they just want to keep certain specs quiet.

Anyway, we`ll know the facts in a week, don`t we?
10-02-2013, 06:15 AM   #43

Its gone!

The camera seems to have gone from the SRS banner!

Pentax made them remove it maybe?
10-02-2013, 06:20 AM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Billgscott Quote
The camera seems to have gone from the SRS banner!

Pentax made them remove it maybe?
Hopefully it will be replaced by a new K-3 silhouette, or worst case scenario March 8th is not the Date. Either way I am sure it will be soon enough. The new products may be the hd lenses and not a new dslr.
10-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #45
Veteran Member

From their Facebook page:

QuoteQuote:
Just one week to go until our latest (and best!?) Pentax Open Day with our UK exclusive!!
More news closer to the time.....