Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2013, 03:11 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
UK first at Pentax Open Day October 9th

This has just been put on the SRS web-site, looks like a new camera is due, or did we already know that ?
SRS Microsystems

09-27-2013, 03:16 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mille19 Quote
This has just been put on the SRS web-site, looks like a new camera is due, or did we already know that ?
SRS Microsystems
I am inclined to think that one presumes K-3 could be announced on Tuesday 8th October.
09-27-2013, 03:22 AM   #3

Nothing on Pentax UK - no surprises there!

Made a note in my diary for 8th / 9th to see what is!

SRS have always been pro-Pentax.
09-27-2013, 06:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I seriously doubt SRS would post this based on rumours. The are not only pro-Pentax, they also have a very good relation with Pentax I believe. I ordered with them several times and on each occasion I got a copy of the new product concerned before they were available through other sources.

Even after the recent "leaks" I was counting on everything being based on nothing but someone's fanciful speculations. After seeing this I think we can be certain a new body will be announced that will match up with the specs recently posted. I'm looking forward to it!!! Even if the camera will be too late for this year's big trip. At least I'll have ample time to get used to the new features before the next...

Wim

Last edited by Ishpuini; 09-27-2013 at 07:21 AM.
09-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I definitely trust SRS, I have bought all my Pentax gear with them over several years and they have always been a great shop to deal with. this is now genuine.

What it means is, that if they truly have a sample camera in store on the 9th, than production cameras should be available really soon!

David

Last edited by davidsladek; 09-27-2013 at 07:15 AM. Reason: error
09-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The hidden camera certainly appears to be a K-5. All of this hype reminds me of the K-5 hype back in 2010 actually, cant wait to see whats going on. One thing is for sure I wont be one of first people to go out and buy one. I think I will chill until next April/May. I may change my mind if it turns out to be one smoken hot little dslr.
09-27-2013, 07:42 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

How many camera shops are there in the world where you will find pride of place, position A, given over to this small manufacturer of photographic equipment? The owner says this:

There will be something very special to play with (I cannot say any more!!)..................we are looking forward to seeing you on the day. I can assure you all, it will be worth it!!

Watford, England is not a very well known place. It is just north of London. It is a pretty boring place with little of note. George Michael went to school near Watford (and went out with my ex-girlfriend's best friend), Elton John bought its football club. But it will be a good place to be on 9th October.

Attached Images

09-27-2013, 07:52 AM   #8
Veteran Member

That's a lot of PENTAX red in one place! My local Henry's has less than 1/4 of that on display. :\
09-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
I definitely trust SRS, I have bought all my Pentax gear with them over several years and they have always been a great shop to deal with. this is now genuine.

What it means is, that if they truly have a sample camera in store on the 9th, than production cameras should be available really soon!

David
I concur. I've bought many Pentax bodies and Pentax lenses (and a few Pentax-fit lenses) over several years from SRS. I'll buy my next camera and lens from them simply because I trust them to have early access to Pentax equipment, to have one of the best prices around, and to provide good service if something goes wrong. (I've never been there. I buy via their website).

Did someone tell me they are one of the largest Pentax dealers in Europe? SRS don't play silly games, and Ricoh/Pentax must have a lot of respect for them.
09-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #10
Veteran Member

May be It`s the pentax celebration for seeling 20 milion cameras!
09-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't live in the UK, but this is great news. It's a virtual certainty that a new camera is coming, and it's going to be something big.

--DragonLord
09-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #12

SRS run a lot of Open Days across the year, but this is the only one mid week that I can recall. Choice of date rather supports the speculation that a new body is to be announced on 8th October and from other posts, that'll be the K3 and it'll be there for us to look and play with.

SRS are also my main Pentax supplier - never seen anything but good said about them. Service is genuinely first class and prices always sharp.
09-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #13
Veteran Member

That is a decent amount of hype. Left in a vacuum I'd think it'd be FF.
09-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DragonLord Quote
I don't live in the UK, but this is great news. It's a virtual certainty that a new camera is coming, and it's going to be something big.

--DragonLord
It is more than virtual, it is an absolute certainty. I doubt it will be FF but I trust implicitly whatever that man says. Apart from my sadly no more local record shop when I grew up that is the best shop (store) around.
09-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #15
Pentaxian

I have read...in another thread on this forum...that Pentax will be making some big and interesting announcements sometime around the end of October.