Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 68 Likes Search this Thread
10-02-2013, 05:16 AM   #256
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think appearance wise this camera will be very similar to the K-5 and that the only design changes are either ergonomic or functional, no point reinventing the wheel.

Our office just recently got a new ricoh printer/copier/scanner. Very nice, large, expensive piece of equipment. It is five years newer than the old one but looks virtually identical with the exception of the touch screen on the outside, any substantial changes cannot be seen with the eye.

I think that the K-3 will answer every complaint made about the K-5 leaving a virtually perfect camera that is either on par or better than the competition in every aspect. I cant wait to see it, hopefully I can wait to buy it though.

10-02-2013, 05:31 AM   #257
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
I think that the K-3 will answer every complaint made about the K-5 leaving a virtually perfect camera that is either on par or better than the competition in every aspect. I cant wait to see it, hopefully I can wait to buy it though.
Wow, increasingly higher levels of expectations are built up by the minute. Just imagine the amount of venting that will be produced right after the release! We've discovered a new power-source.
10-02-2013, 05:43 AM   #258
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the specs are equivalent to those that have been leaked, if you end up venting , it's your own damn fault. The only case for venting will be if the new flash system and AF don't play out well. AF has been the excuse for Nikon and Canon reps coming on here posing as Pentax users and spouting pro-Nikon / Canon advertisements for years. It would be good to see those posts stop.
10-02-2013, 05:45 AM   #259
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
If the specs are equivalent to those that have been leaked, if you end up venting , it's your own damn fault. The only case for venting will be if the new flash system and AF don't play out well. AF has been the excuse for Nikon and Canon reps coming on here posing as Pentax users and spouting pro-Nikon / Canon advertisements for years. It would be good to see those posts stop.
It won't stop. They will still claim Pentax AF sucks even if tests proves otherwise. It is a law of nature....

10-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #260
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
It won't stop. They will still claim Pentax AF sucks even if tests proves otherwise. It is a law of nature....
No it's the law of "if you get paid for doing it, you won't stop, no matter how morally reprehensible it might be." On the positive side, there's very few that will stoop so low.
10-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #261
Veteran Member

Really? Have PF users been outed as CaNikon reps? I thought that was just a PF urban legend. Would make a useful sticky topic here somewhere, a summery of users proven to be propagandizing reps. Actually, that would be wonderful advertising for Pentax... People love underdogs, and if other brands have to resort to such measures then Pentax must be awesome. That's how my mind works anyway.
10-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #262
Veteran Member

the banner is back but...

without the silhouette of K-5

10-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #263
Veteran Member

Does not look good for folks that were preparing to handle the hump...
10-02-2013, 06:08 AM   #264
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Really? Have PF users been outed as CaNikon reps? I thought that was just a PF urban legend. Would make a useful sticky topic here somewhere, a summery of users proven to be propagandizing reps. Actually, that would be wonderful advertising for Pentax... People love underdogs, and if other brands have to resort to such measures then Pentax must be awesome. That's how my mind works anyway.
OK then, if I go through the effort to expose these guys, what are you going to do to make it worth my while? Because it's not going to be that easy. You think they are going to make it obvious? The one guy I did expose was a second hand dealer who was hoping to sell second hand Nikon gear in the marketplace to users he was trying very hard to swing from Pentax to Nikon. In the end he admitted there was more second hand gear for him to sell from Nikon and getting Pentax gear was harder. He was trying to kill two birds with one stone. Buying cheap Pentax gear from guys switching systems, plus trying to move old Nikon lenses he had in inventory. He had a valid point, but still, it was biased by his commercial interest.

It happened, deal with it.

PS- things to look for
Posters with less than 10 posts.
Posters with image on the forum, apparently without a service like Photobucket or FLickr where you can see more of their images,
Images that have no EXIF data. Often of commercial quality and that I suspect I've seen in ads on other sites.

Last edited by normhead; 10-02-2013 at 06:19 AM.
10-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #265
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by avio Quote

It's propably true.
10-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #266
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote

If you bump the exposure on this silhouette you can "clearly" see the K-5 II s stamp on the camera so I would wager they are either waiting for the actual product image or they will not have the K-3 to show in time. Hopefully not the latter.
It has to be the first option you mention. No way Ricoh is going to send them an unannounced camera just so they can put a silhouette of it on their website.
10-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #267
Veteran Member

OK then, if I go through the effort to expose these guys, what are you going to do to make it worth my while?
Isn't the honour of being the head of the "PFBI: PentaxForums Bureau of Investigations" worth it?

It happened, deal with it.
Oh, but I believe you. There's all sorts.
10-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #268
Inactive Account

It's propably true

QuoteOriginally posted by avio Quote

It's propably true.
10-02-2013, 06:37 AM - 1 Like   #269

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
without the silhouette of K-5
Yes, the silhouette went away (silhouette of a K-5 II, maybe it's the reason to remove it and maybe we'll soon seen another silhouette )

Now, you have that :

10-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #270
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Hump on the side is... a tripod socket à la 645D
My first thought.