Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
10-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
Adam,
Just a thought but they may be co-operative in either/both Adorama or B&H since they're the major net distributors and probably get more traffic with the color displays than a single booth buried in the corner.
The B&H and Adorama booths are always unstaffed Fri afternoon and all Saturday due to religious observance. It would be unproductive for Pentax/Ricoh to be represented by someone who can't be there.

10-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TomTextura Quote
Didn't think I'd ever see that there string of words on this forum, and from Adam of all people! Hahaha! You'll have to excuse me and my low brow adult humor.
You got a real lol with that one. A sentence fragment taken out of context can take on a whole new meaning.
10-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TomTextura Quote
Didn't think I'd ever see that there string of words on this forum, and from Adam of all people! Hahaha! You'll have to excuse me and my low brow adult humor.
Wasn't gonna say anything....
10-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I reached out to Pentax a couple of weeks ago and they confirmed they weren't exhibiting this year.
Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation

View Booth on Floor Plan:
LVCC, Central Hall - 14837
LVCC, Central Hall Mtg Rms - C204

I did actually run into Pentax at CES 2 years ago - in the LVCC 'above the washrooms' , but was told their other location was in the Venetian (where they had the 645D as waterproof cameras).
I scored some swag - Pentax bag + Pentax labelled USB thumb drives.

10-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Well, the C is for Consumer. So no DSLRs of FFs will be announced Pentax is missing a superzoom compact and a cheap compact in a lineup ATM, those holes need to be filled!
I'd like to see if they could get the 55-300mm WR. Having a 50-200mm WR doesn't quite do it for me IMHO.
10-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #36
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by formercanuck Quote
Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation

View Booth on Floor Plan:
LVCC, Central Hall - 14837
LVCC, Central Hall Mtg Rms - C204

I did actually run into Pentax at CES 2 years ago - in the LVCC 'above the washrooms' , but was told their other location was in the Venetian (where they had the 645D as waterproof cameras).
I scored some swag - Pentax bag + Pentax labelled USB thumb drives.
Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation and Pentax are not on the Photo Plus Expo exhibitor list.
Exhibitor List | PhotoPlus Expo
10-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation and Pentax are not on the Photo Plus Expo exhibitor list.
Exhibitor List | PhotoPlus Expo
I was commenting about CES - sorry

10-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #38

pdn Photplus Show

I reached out to Pentax a couple of weeks ago and they confirmed they weren't exhibiting this year.
Yes, Adam - I called Ricoh Imaging today, just in case someone dope-slapped them out of their stupor--

Their rep wasn't certain, but did call me back later and confirmed they are not attending.

Bad move on Ricoh's part- I've seen Pentax there for the past three years, and last year's booth had a cool display and was rather impressive, IMHO.

Oh, and she added that the final K3 production copies will have RICOH emblazoned in dayglow orange across the pentaprism.....
10-21-2013, 02:40 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I feel trade shows are joining dinosaurs in extinction. I spent my career in computers and networking and while I've been retired for a few years the large computer and networking shows were dying on the vine. Companies got very little for the very large investment needed to participate in those shows. Pressure was on the larger companies to be present with awe inspiring displays. Now these shows are either gone or struggle to exist. Just type Pentax K-3 into Google and see the results. People who follow photographic developments know what is being introduced by companies the day of introduction or before.
I prefer that Pentax spend money developing top notch products rather than spend money supporting expensive trade shows around the world. The internet, including forums like this one, make trade shows the Diplodocus of marketing
10-21-2013, 03:05 AM   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by Tanzer Quote
That must be the Canon fanboy's equivalent of our "Canikon" slur.

I suppose Rikon (Ricoh + Nikon) sounds better than Penon.
Ritax
Ricax
Pencoh
Pentcoh

hmmmm?

10-21-2013, 04:19 AM   #41
HYS
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Somebody from Ricoh said that Pentax will be boutique brand ... or something like that.
May be they don't need advertising. Like Leica.
10-21-2013, 04:28 AM - 1 Like   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RockvilleBob Quote
I prefer that Pentax spend money developing top notch products rather than spend money supporting expensive trade shows around the world. The internet, including forums like this one, make trade shows the Diplodocus of marketing
Yes... and no.
As soon as competitors are there, you definitely have to show yourself in the places that are worth.
Also for the customers, shows are important meeting points if they want to try the novelties.
A lot of shops don't let you try their shelved equipment, and not anything can be done "ipso abstracto".
10-21-2013, 06:29 AM - 1 Like   #43
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Katmandude Quote
Ritax
Ricax
Pencoh
Pentcoh

hmmmm?

Ricohax
Ricohtax
Pentaxoh
Pentaxcoh