Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2007, 06:27 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
She didn't say it was stupid,
she didn't try to silence the question,
she's not required to pass on a subject because she has a alternative or dissenting opinion. Nor is anyone else.

Frankly I agree with her sentiments.

There are far too many people demanding second helpings with far too few people through the serving line--if you catch my analogy.

And all this whining about 'not enough' or 'fixes needed' seemed to start at about launch plus 0.000001 seconds. It isn't just 'old and boring', it 'fanatically greedy'.

QuoteOriginally posted by Harald Quote
Did I touch to some sore point of you, or why are you so aggressively explaining that I do not may ask such a question?

Why are you trying to silence questions/subjects YOU think are stupid? What is your problem?

My five cents: if you think this or some other subject is stupid, please go on, continue your life as nothing has happened, difficult sometimes, but try .....

I am very satisfied to my camera, regardless that it has an tendency to shut down and reboot when internal flash is used. It does not happen allways but enough regularly to give me feeling of unreliability. I have not decided yet if I should send this to service or not. This kind of defects are difficult to repeat in hasty service entry inspection..... this phenomena appeared after this first (and only real) update..... second one didnt patch it.....

04-12-2007, 07:32 AM   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Day Quote
Lenses should start appearing in May (can't say when in May! ), there will be a firmware update by then. It will address other things besides SDM. I can't say more. Wait a bit longer.
Hey Richard,

Can you at least tell us whether or not Pentax designers even look at the suggestions posted here and on other forums, and if so, do they take any of them to heart? I started a firmware 1.2 thread awhile back, with the hopes that I and everyone that contributed could influence future updates. Are we wasting our time?

Thanks,
John
04-12-2007, 07:56 AM   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by jfdavis58 Quote
She didn't say it was stupid,
she didn't try to silence the question,
she's not required to pass on a subject because she has a alternative or dissenting opinion. Nor is anyone else.
Well, we can see things differently:
"Sit tight, and go shoot some pictures. There are better things to worry about than a firmware update that will come when it comes"

"Until then, maybe you ought to just use the damn thing. Right now, it's pretty obvious that not much is known."

1. As far as I can see these were orders to me to do something else than ask stupid questions.

2. She didnt say directly that question was stupid, but it was very clear attitude.

3. And yes, she told me to go to do something else than ask these questions because she had her own ideas about the importance of my question.

Why you cant just pass threads you do not care?
Why you are so unpolite?
I have been using Pentaxes longer than most of you. Pentax forums had been nice and polite, liberal places so far. Suddenly last year everything changed. We got lot of whiners but we got also lot of flamers. And now flamers obviously cannot stop anymore.

If you think my question was stupid and unnecessary, why you even have to say so? and when you feel it compulsory to comment, why unpolitely? You cannot cram your opinion to my throat, or make me think like you. Why even bother to try? Fear of different opinions?

"I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire, François-Marie Arouet (21 November 1694 – 30 May 1778)
04-12-2007, 08:09 AM   #49

"I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire, François-Marie Arouet (21 November 1694 – 30 May 1778)
I won't disagree with either side of the issue, however, I do think it amusing that you justify your "right" to say what you wan with a famous quote, while seeking to deny that same right to someone else...

Here's another famous quotation...

"If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander...", Unknown (probably paraphrased )

04-12-2007, 08:33 AM   #50

QuoteOriginally posted by Classvino Quote
I won't disagree with either side of the issue, however, I do think it amusing that you justify your "right" to say what you wan with a famous quote, while seeking to deny that same right to someone else...

Here's another famous quotation...

"If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander...", Unknown (probably paraphrased )
No, no, no, I do not say she do not may say so. But she cannot be surpriced that I do not obey her orders to be quiet ;- )

And this was the case in her second attempt to order me to go to do something else than ask stupid questions (in other words she wanted me to be quiet) :-)

I just wondered why she wants so, and even expresses herself so unpolite way.

Aphorism was for her...... ;-)

But now this discussion is over from my side, lets talk about something more interesting and positive.
04-12-2007, 09:56 AM   #51
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by button Quote
Hey Richard,

Can you at least tell us whether or not Pentax designers even look at the suggestions posted here and on other forums, and if so, do they take any of them to heart? I started a firmware 1.2 thread awhile back, with the hopes that I and everyone that contributed could influence future updates. Are we wasting our time?

Thanks,
John
Pentax do look at the forums, several people, all over the world, act as their eyes in this matter thereby giving them the leverage. Information is fed back to the engineering division in Japan after checking to see if there is a genuine (common) occurance. They are a lot more pro-active and keen to innovate where possible than many people realise (or appreciate).
04-12-2007, 10:47 AM   #52
Veteran Member

Harald, as a certain Canadian expatriate has also recently expressed that I must be uncivilized and impolite, I feel that I should defend myself.
Indeed, I do drink tea, and know just what to do with every single knife, fork, spoon, and miscellaneous utensil in a table setting. I also play tennis, as all civilized individuals do.

Further, I am not surprised that you continue to inquire so insistently about the release of an update. I'm also not surprised that you continue to suffer a camera that clearly isn't working properly in the hopes that firmware will be a cure, than do the sensible thing and send it in for service. You have proven yourself to be a very silly individual.

You might want to work on your aphorism a bit more. Your posts are far from pithy and memorable.

lets talk about something more interesting and positive.
This was my intention all along.
04-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Interesting...

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Day Quote
Pentax do look at the forums, several people, all over the world, act as their eyes in this matter thereby giving them the leverage. Information is fed back to the engineering division in Japan after checking to see if there is a genuine (common) occurance. They are a lot more pro-active and keen to innovate where possible than many people realize (or appreciate).
I especially like the part:

"after checking to see if there is a genuine (common) occurrence."

Well, imagine that!

Thanks Richard-that is a very reassuring statement!

04-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Harald, I am older than you so I bet we have similar Pentax experience and longevity.

I've been working on the things that bother me about people who express some of the things you've included in this thread. You have a right to ask about the firmware update, god knows nobody had yet to ask about it today when you made your post. In fact it must be about 48 hours since th last firmware update and speculation thread got started. I would have ignored it as you suggest but then you hit on a pet-peev of mine. I've codified some new rules that should fit quite well with these statements you made eextraneous to the firmware question--(you and me are hypothetical for reference only) I bet you and others really do subscribe to such a set of rules.

(1) You're not-helpful when your answer to my question doesn't fit my preconceived ideas about what the answer should be. It's double unhelpful if your response to my question or situation actually correct or factual.

(2) You're mean-spirited and nasty if you use any form of irony, sarcasm or include any passion or feeling in the way you respond.

(3) You're entitled to your opinion but should not or cannot express it if it's contrary to mine. I'll defend your right.

(4) If I have a problem and you don't, then my problem takes precedence. You cannot express in any way that I might be doing something wrong or out of order-----the problem is the problem-NOT me. Even though I cannot actually get any real problem (mechanical or electrical or optical) fixed here in the forums, anything you say which attempts minimizes my perception of the problem or my ability to give others a similar perception certain violates (1) and (2), is most certainly only YOUR opinion and certainly damages my ability to get it fixed by any proper appropriate party because it dimishes their perception of the problem even though they are expert in problem solving and probably don't have the time or inclination to be involved here on a regular basis.

(5) Any situation involving me and you and fitting any of the above is certainly caused entirely by your ignorance, your inexperience and certain character flaws peculiar only to you----But this is not a personal attach.

(6) And if you don't like any of these things, well too bad. I'm smug and superior and have better things to do that explain it all to you.
04-12-2007, 05:01 PM   #55

Wow. I'm really feelin' the love here!
04-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #56
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is definitely not what I like seeing in a thread...I'll leave it at that. Closed.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-25-2007, 06:26 PM   #57

Pentax K10D Firmware 1.2 and Remote Assistant 2

K10D Firmware v1.2:
PENTAX DIGITAL CAMERA INFORMATION PAPER

Remote Assistant 3:
PENTAX Support&Service

Haven't tried either yet.

oops, that was supposed to be Remote Assistant 3 in the title

Last edited by walter; 04-25-2007 at 06:27 PM. Reason: mistake
04-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #58

QuoteOriginally posted by walter Quote
K10D Firmware v1.2:
PENTAX DIGITAL CAMERA INFORMATION PAPER

Remote Assistant 3:
PENTAX Support&Service

Haven't tried either yet.

oops, that was supposed to be Remote Assistant 3 in the title
Hmmm...
No K100D or Mac support for remote assistant. Drats!

Last edited by wmmk; 04-25-2007 at 08:57 PM.
04-25-2007, 08:58 PM   #59
Veteran Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I've been waiting for Remote Assistant.
04-26-2007, 06:30 AM   #60

Oh, and Pentax has also released a pef codec for those who use vista.