Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2007, 02:19 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
Thank you Jon!

Updated flawlessly, love these new changes, specially ISO controls via E-dial!

Regards,
D
I'd like to see this added to the K100D. It should work about the same even though it only has one wheel.

Steve

01-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wireless P-TTL using on-board flash on the K100D would be a BONUS
01-22-2007, 06:54 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Official release is now up on the Pentax USA site. This copy seems to be staying up; it makes me wonder who pushed the wrong button earlier.

I've got it downloaded, but am going to sit on it for a few hours and watch the hardy souls on DPR install it (or wait until the latest RH "extra! extra!" blog appears, whichever is soonest).
04-11-2007, 09:54 AM   #34

Where is rumoured K10D firmware update?

There was many rumours about next K10D (1.12?/2.0?) firmware earlyer this year. We have not seen it yet. Does anybody know is it coming or was those only misleading rumours?

04-11-2007, 02:19 PM   #35
Veteran Member

If my memory serves me right, it's only been about a month since the 1.11 update.

Sit tight, and go shoot some pictures. There are better things to worry about than a firmware update that will come when it comes.
04-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by bdavis Quote
If my memory serves me right, it's only been about a month since the 1.11 update.

Sit tight, and go shoot some pictures. There are better things to worry about than a firmware update that will come when it comes.
Really, is there? Thanks about this motherly condescending advice :-)

Actual release days were:
1.10: Tuesday, January 23, 2007
1.11: Tuesday, March 06, 2007

1.11 was only an patch for things messed in 1.10, not an update for its own sake.

When 1.10 was released, there was lot of talk about really remarkable big firmware update coming soon. We are still waiting ......
04-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Holy cow! A month and a whopping five days since the last firmware update!

Word has it that all of the cameras stop running at a month and 6.5 days after the last firmware release. Pentax had better get their act together and release something NOW! NOW! NOW!

Again, the K10 is a remarkable camera, all on it's own. The firmware will come, and maybe, if you're very lucky, some knuckle-head will leak it over on DPR, and you can download it a few days ahead of the official release.

Until then, maybe you ought to just use the damn thing. Right now, it's pretty obvious that not much is known.

04-11-2007, 11:12 PM   #38

Did I touch to some sore point of you, or why are you so aggressively explaining that I do not may ask such a question?

Why are you trying to silence questions/subjects YOU think are stupid? What is your problem?

My five cents: if you think this or some other subject is stupid, please go on, continue your life as nothing has happened, difficult sometimes, but try .....

I am very satisfied to my camera, regardless that it has an tendency to shut down and reboot when internal flash is used. It does not happen allways but enough regularly to give me feeling of unreliability. I have not decided yet if I should send this to service or not. This kind of defects are difficult to repeat in hasty service entry inspection..... this phenomena appeared after this first (and only real) update..... second one didnt patch it.....
04-11-2007, 11:24 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Harald Quote
it has an tendency to shut down and reboot when internal flash is used..... this phenomena appeared after this first (and only real) update..... second one didnt patch it.....
This is not normal, the 1.10 should not do this.

QuoteQuote:
When 1.10 was released, there was lot of talk about really remarkable big firmware update coming soon.
I have not heard of anything like that at all. Firmware 1.10 was as big a update as you can get with so many function and features added. It was the update everyone was waiting for. What other update are you looking for? The next update probably involves bug fix or compatibility with SDM lenses (unless 1.11 is already fully compatible).
04-11-2007, 11:36 PM   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
This is not normal, the 1.10 should not do this.
Yes, I know, but if it is not related, then the internal flash went broken same day and moment I updated the firmware

I have not heard of anything like that at all. Firmware 1.10 was as big a update as you can get with so many function and features added. It was the update everyone was waiting for.
Not according the discussions at the "other site" after 1.10 release.... their search does not work, so I cannot give any links to these discussions.

What other update are you looking for? ......
There was discussion about enhancements to this 22-bit AD processing, higher bit count raw files etc. Obviously these were just wishful thinking allthough there was people whose information had been accurate earlyer, Roland Mabo one to mention.
04-12-2007, 01:24 AM   #41
Inactive Account

The rumour i have heard is there will be a 1.2 coming out in the next couple months, at this stage it is unkown whether or not 1.11 allows the use of the SDM lenses, (i'll be able to tell you in three weeks ), if it doesn't then there will have to be a firmware to allow the function of SDM lenses, other then that i personally believe that it would be unlikely to see an increase in the Bit rate of raw images, but then again i have been know to be wrong, the other thing with the 1.2 firmware, if and when, will be the fixing of the VPN issue similar to what happened with the *ist DS with 2.0
04-12-2007, 02:14 AM   #42

QuoteOriginally posted by Cideway Quote
The rumour i have heard is there will be a 1.2 coming out in the next couple months, at this stage it is unkown whether or not 1.11 allows the use of the SDM lenses, (i'll be able to tell you in three weeks ), if it doesn't then there will have to be a firmware to allow the function of SDM lenses, other then that i personally believe that it would be unlikely to see an increase in the Bit rate of raw images, but then again i have been know to be wrong, the other thing with the 1.2 firmware, if and when, will be the fixing of the VPN issue similar to what happened with the *ist DS with 2.0
Have they confirmed that you get SDM lens within next three weeks?
04-12-2007, 03:17 AM   #43
Inactive Account

I should have my DA* 50-135 by the 28th of April. Invariably when i get given the date, it is accurate, when i don't get one, or it is said as a month, that is when they have no idea, but to be given a Date, that is something.
04-12-2007, 03:20 AM   #44
Inactive Account

Lenses should start appearing in May (can't say when in May! ), there will be a firmware update by then. It will address other things besides SDM. I can't say more. Wait a bit longer.
04-12-2007, 05:42 AM   #45

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Day Quote
Lenses should start appearing in May (can't say when in May! ), there will be a firmware update by then. It will address other things besides SDM. I can't say more. Wait a bit longer.
April and May, but what year ;-)

I am obviously going to buy the SMC-DA* 16-50/2.8 ED AL SDM as soon as there is real life confirmation of its quality. I do not REALLY doubt it but.....

And very likely I will buy SMC-DA* 60-250/4 ED SDM in the end of the year if is as good as we expext.