Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2013, 04:34 AM   #181

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice that one now can change between U1 / U2 and U3 without having to go to the meny

10-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #182
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Now that does look like crap. I definitely prefer the black.
Ohh I dunno. If I wore a few kilos of jewellery around my neck, my cap backwards and had tatts around my neck, I'd probably really like this bling

/sarc
10-05-2013, 04:55 AM   #183
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
Ohh I dunno. If I wore a few kilos of jewellery around my neck, my cap backwards and had tatts around my neck, I'd probably really like this bling
Sounds like you need the gold version.

P.S.: I hope the silver fans don't mind the jesting. For my personally, Mistral75's comment about the difference between "real" silver and paint hit the nail on the head.
10-05-2013, 04:56 AM   #184
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
The "70's" was a place and way of being (not just a time) and they didn't just let anyone in either.
Yes just look at our stars, Gary Glitter, Rolf Harris, Dave Lee Travis, Jimmy Seville... cool? yeah right.

10-05-2013, 04:59 AM   #185
Pentaxian

Oh my! It is looking better and better whole time! With that DA55-300WR this thing is going to make me happy(I have been saving for DA60-250) now I can use all of that money for this!
10-05-2013, 05:03 AM   #186
Pentaxian

I can't believe you guys got to page 13 before I even got up....
10-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #187
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gray Quote
I wear glasses and use my left eye with the OVF. Using the new AF button, my thumb is definitely going to make contact with the RH lens of my glasses.
Gray, like you, i wear glasses, use the af button and and shoot with my left eye. I highly recommend the ome-53 diopter eyepiece. it gives me magnified view of the viewfinder, and gets my big hooter out of the road...

10-05-2013, 05:07 AM   #188
Col
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
Gray, like you, i wear glasses, use the af button and and shoot with my left eye. I highly recommend the ome-53 diopter eyepiece. it gives me magnified view of the viewfinder, and gets my big hooter out of the road...
Just hoping that the changes in the view finder (new diopter adjuster) doesn't mean that eyepeice isn't compatible.
10-05-2013, 05:07 AM   #189
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
10-05-2013, 05:07 AM   #190
Pentaxian

We've got 6 or 7 hours on you in Europe
10-05-2013, 05:11 AM   #191
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You live in the wrong part of the world Norm, its tomorrow over here...
10-05-2013, 05:12 AM   #192
Veteran Member

We will have to wait on specs (and images) before a final verdict, but this camera to me seems to do a good job of bringing together some good Pentax APS-C features into one camera, as a flagship should.

Want best video from Pentax? You don't have to choose a K-01 or K-30 over a K-5II anymore.
Want good AF? I am guessing this will combine the best of K-30 action shooting plus K-5ii low light shooting plus other advancements.
Want best image quality for Pentax? This camera should have that, at least in terms of pure resolution.

The video additions appeal to me as an occasional photojournalist, the dual card slots for the aforementioned wedding photography, plus other possible uses (such as a Raw on one Jpg on the other)

Plus: dual slot memory card, headphone jack, possibly other features like improved rear screen and OVF, etc. All for less of a starting price than the K-5 or K-7. Really the only other thing I could ask for at this point is WiFi and a full frame sensor. An articulating screen would also be nice but not a deal breaker.

As for the person who is switching to EM1 that looks to be a great camera. Olympus CAF is super fast and you can't beat its performance to size ratio at the moment. Great lenses, too! The K-3 on the other hand will likely have much better tracking AF, better pure IQ, and an OVF. Get what works for you
10-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #193
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
Just hoping that the changes in the view finder (new diopter adjuster) doesn't mean that eyepeice isn't compatible.
from first looks, it seems to be compatible Col
10-05-2013, 05:14 AM   #194
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't know the specs, but if it's anywhere near the camera it looks like it is, Ricoh/Pentax has hit one outta the park. Way to go, guys! :-)
10-05-2013, 05:24 AM   #195
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wigelII Quote
No, i was not waiting for an OMD clone. And it won't be easy for leaving Pentax, selling over €5000 of gear and take my loss, but (and I know it's too eraly to make a real statement) they ruinied the ergonomics of the great K5 body, made it bigger (and probably also heavier), made it look like quasimodo and it seems to be a video oriented body.
That's not what I need, so, instead of staying with Pentax and complain about the camera I make a choice (and that is the Oly EM-1 because I think it will suit my photography better).
OK, well thanks for sharing your thoughts, but really, the looks of the K-3 aren't that different to the K-5, and the ergonomics don't seem to be greatly different, either. As for the weight, we'll have to see in a few days time what difference the additional gear has made, but I suspect it won't be much. I repeat what I said in an earlier post - we don't yet know what the stills capabilities of this camera are - we're not even sure what sensor it will carry, even though some have been guessing at it with conviction.

Having enhanced video capability doesn't make it a video-oriented camera, either - at the least, though, it makes it more appealing to those who like to use video, and any additional sales can't do any harm. I rarely use the video capacity in my K-5 or Q, but It's good to know that I can use it if I need to, and that the clarity will be good. That said, I'm sure the EM-1 is a very capable camera, and it may well be better suited to your needs, even if it does have good video features.