Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #301
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If I recall, the *ist D and K-7 had black and silver versions, not to mention the K-5 special edition. Maybe other Pentax DSLRs had the same colour scheme. So in a way the silver and black K-3 is following tradition. Personally, I have no hang-ups about it: it would go well with my silver 77mm Limited, though all my other lenses are black. I do think, however, the silver and black grip is over-egging it a bit.

10-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #302
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
I own 14 guitars Gibby (cant play them, but do understand them) that looks an awful lot like a standard 1/4" jack to me
I just placed an 1/4" plug next to a K5, to me it looks like the tip would protrude into the mirror box. So I believe 3.5mm it is.
10-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #303
Pentaxian

Don't know why anyone would complain about "Ricoh", especially since Ricoh's own previous history of cameras and lenses is of high-quality stuff...
10-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #304
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Don't know why anyone would complain about "Ricoh", especially since Ricoh's own previous history of cameras and lenses is of high-quality stuff...
Besides...no one complained about this, right?

10-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #305
Veteran Member

I totally agree, Ricoh made some excellent cameras and has a long photogrhic history. I have several Ricoh rangefinders and the GR cameras are legendary
10-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #306

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Dual slots
Joystick to select af points
Red button for video?
Video / stills switch
Different diopter adjustment
Contoured 4 way buttons
Usb 3.0
Headset jack
Af mode button

A little something for everyone.
Maybe it isn' t a dual slot, as many complained about the writing speed of the 24MPx' s. Thus, they may have made a CF slot- maybe. Although Pentax isn' t really a visionary this days.

P.S. I hate the fact that it' s a ASP- C. I wanted and still want a FF. So this is how to be on the Pentax side, waiting for that mythical FF taht will never appear....
10-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #307
Veteran Member

I agree. The Pentax name isn't disappearing anytime soon. I'm actually happy about this because this means that Ricoh put their full support behind it.

--DragonLord

10-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #308

QuoteOriginally posted by urssu Quote
Maybe it isn' t a dual slot, as many complained about the writing speed of the 24MPx' s
i wonder why they dont make it so that in a burst of pictures, one picture goes to memory card A, the other picture goes to memory card B...
Now we're talking about that we could possibly go 7fps indefinitely and not be stalled by the internal buffer.
10-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #309
Veteran Member

Some points on the new K3

Besides you people arguing with the K-3's choice of body color and its looks, I don't know if many are already aware about some 'new' features told at a forum from dpreview, but here, let me share it...:

LINK

"Thanks to asahiman, I've collected and grouped what we can depend on re news on the K3.

A. the new bump is a high end headphone port.
B. The K3 will have a 'completely new' AF system... implies wonderful and very high end to me.
There is much more than the new system, hinted at in section E.
C. The more obvious: New Sony 24 MP APSC sensor - (of course, it's NOT the old sensor used in the A77)
D. Firmware 1.0 by this Monday.
E. The really big thing (not to do with headphone port). This is the UNKNOWN, but apparently very big news (to me) and is yet to be announced.

A.)
asahi man
Regular Member • Posts: 301

itīs only a ...
In reply to waxwaine (about the new bump on the K3 body), 13 hours ago

Sorry,sorry.....but....it is a very simple thing.....
High end headphone port,thatīs all

best regards

B.) p.s.:the really plus point is the complete new AF system.....nothing to do with the current Pentax autofocus

C.)

asahi man
Regular Member • Posts: 301
Like?
Re: K-3 with 24mp Sony A77 sensor will be announced early this month
In reply to Joe Ogiba (repeating the really nonsensical farce about using 2 year old sensor from A77), 2 days ago
It is NOT the same sensor.

Replied in Is this also a picture of the K-3?
Sony aps c 24 is inside
In Pentax Talk 9 hours ago

Pentax cameras with -3 are much faster in this range,much much faster and more accurate than the EOS6 and still faster than the Panasonic.
Under real use.
The K-3 have still Firmware 0.0x.
D.)Monday will be 1.0 in the air.

E.)

Replied in K-3īs mysterious bump
(replying to the wacked/distorted angled photo of k3)
This is a final picture,only bad angle of view And again,under the "big thing"is the headphone connect
In Pentax Talk 9 hours ago

In reply to Ayoh, 2 days ago Replied in Is this also a picture of the K-3?
asahi man wrote:
Q: What are some of those new things?
A: The autofocus...and more.

K3 was onPhotokina but Ricoh took it behind the line.
there are much more new things in this new (K)3,than in the old Pentax plan. Best regards
In Pentax Talk 2 days ago

I wish fun and good times ahead for everyone.

Cheers

Nic"
10-05-2013, 01:32 PM - 1 Like   #310
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by snake Quote
Pentax is simply the K-mount and has been for decades. There's little left. So to hate Ricoh all of a sudden, who seems to be showing initiative, in small ways, is laughable. If anything, Ricoh hasn't even been given a chance yet to fail or prosper with the brand, which is why they should really not care for the old stalwarts of the old era.

They will hate everything and not buy anything. New customers are where it's at.
That's a sweeping and rather ungenerous statement that I don't care to be grouped in. As a generalisation about long-term Pentax users, I don't think it's even close, but you could be forgiven for thinking that if you were a casual reader of some sections of this site. You can't even characterise some of our loudest complainers that way, because we know some of them will buy the new gear when they've had time to reflect. In the long term, of course, you're right about the need to attract new customers, but it's the old ones who have been helping to keep the brand alive in the meantime.

Pentax is also more than the K-mount. The K-mount is the key to its future success, at least in the medium term, but to dismiss the intellectual and human resources involved in its development and propagation is limiting your thinking unnecessarily. Ricoh as a brand has benefitted directly from those resources in the development of the GR. The K-mount is also only part of the story, even if it's a much bigger part than the 645 and Q cameras.
10-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #311

QuoteOriginally posted by jrcastillo Quote
i wonder why they dont make it so that in a burst of pictures, one picture goes to memory card A, the other picture goes to memory card B...
Now we're talking about that we could possibly go 7fps indefinitely and not be stalled by the internal buffer.

I believe the buffer is the main issue to be honest. What you are suggesting is a sort of `RAID` of SD' s. I believe you can select where the RAW file goes and where the .jpeg goes (for the D7k I think this was the case; I think) .

All in all, I' ll wait a bit before buying it- mainly financial reasons, but I remember the K7 becoming something much better, the K5.
10-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #312
Veteran Member

I own 14 guitars Gibby (cant play them, but do understand them) that looks an awful lot like a standard 1/4" jack to me
I was a professional guitarist for 30 years and I only have 10 guitars

None are collectors items but working gtr's
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve-griffin/sets/72157629930907799/

Last edited by bossa; 10-05-2013 at 02:17 PM.
10-05-2013, 01:48 PM - 2 Likes   #313
Veteran Member

Unfortunately, RICOH AF has a serious compatibility problem with Pentax AF reflex camera;s
10-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #314
Veteran Member

Quazi, i just took a photo of a standard 1/4 guitar jack against my k-5 body in the approximate position of 'the hump'. As far fetched as it seems to you, it looks to me to match the dimensions of the pics i've seen of the k-3 (supposed) headphone jack.

Perhaps with all your knowledge and equipment you could do the same and post the pic ( I would, but that means getting off my arse, going out to my office, downloading the photo, and posting it here, and seriously - the subject is not of such importance to me)

It is definitely way too large for a 3.5mm jack, and i'm not aware of a standard size between 3.5 and 6.3mm.

"Seriously man", i have almost zero need or interest in a stereo jack for video needs, but I asked the original question in a genuine open way. Scorn and laughter are not required.

Take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself the appropriate question.
I just unplugged my Strat and held the plug against my K-5 and it would seem to protrude into the mirror box.. I doubt the K-3 has a 1/4" jack and for the same reason.
10-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #315
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glasbak Quote
Unfortunately, RICOH AF has a serious compatibility problem with Pentax AF reflex camera;s
Haha! Nice one, George!