Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #331
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,347
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
So much for it being a video-centric camera…
It has a dedicated video/still lever and a red video button.

10-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #332
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 161
QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
No but local markets do have differences. A 70D body costs €1069,- over here, at current exchange rate that would be $1453.
That is good to note..

prices i posted are US market.
10-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #333
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 9,329
QuoteOriginally posted by jrcastillo Quote
In the case of the K-30, yes... is (for example) inferior than the d7100 but is clearly superior than the d5200.. Is like a class of its own if we compare across brands.

However, and to the best of my knowledge, d7100 and k-3 will be head to head. Or can you please enlighten me of how the d7100 is inferior class?
The K-5 already has a slightly better build quality, higher fps, and a much larger buffer than the D7100 (the Nikon is effectively crippled by that). The 70D doesn't have a 100% viewfinder and it's a polycarbonate body. Both the Canon and the Nikon are build to leave room for an upper-level APS-C camera.
10-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #334
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,347
US prices are without sales tax which is currently 21% in .nl

10-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #335
Veteran Member
TenZ.NL's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Below sealevel
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,100
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
US prices are without sales tax which is currently 21% in .nl
Really? Didn`t know that.
How much sales tax do you guys pay, if I may ask?
10-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #336
Pentaxian
wizofoz's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Melbourne, Outer east.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,655
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
That rather depends on the outlook for the Aussie dollar. It's been bumping around parity with the US currency for a while, and even the recent pre-election dip didn't last that long, but as long as we keep digging stuff out of the ground for the Chinese to turn into things to sell to the US, it'll probably stay that way. God help local manufacturing, of course, because no-one else will.

However, I recall buying the K-5 at around that price when it was released, when the AU dollar was a lot lower against the US one, so I would have expected the K-3 to be less than $1699 at launch.
Yeah I bought a K-5 for around the $1700 mark too. ( I was going overseas that week and didnt want to be tempted to come home with a new camera and no where for warranty returns)

I just did a quick and dirty search and found the D7100 for $1319 and the 70D for $1319

Nikon D7100 Digital SLR Camera - All Kits - Digital Cameras Warehouse
Canon EOS 70D DSLR ? Body Only | Digital Camera Warehouse

Hmmm interesting that they both come with wifi ( the nikon via an adapter included at this price)

Surely Ricoh/Pentax and CRK will keep the launch price to aound that of the main rivals?? I'm hoping for no more than $1399 ish at launch in Oz. Especially as it seems I'm going to have to shell out for a new BG as well....

Edit: oops, got my eos's all mixed up, the 70d is the rival, not the 7D silly me.

Last edited by wizofoz; 10-05-2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: idiocy
10-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #337
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,292
QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
Really? Didn`t know that.
How much sales tax do you guys pay, if I may ask?
I pay 6%, New Hampshire is 0%.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 10-05-2013 at 03:52 PM.
10-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #338
Veteran Member
tclausen's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,399
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
you remember the 70's!!!
If so, he didn't do the 70's right...

10-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #339
Veteran Member
bossa's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 4,546
QuoteOriginally posted by jrcastillo Quote
for those estimating prices of the K-3:

Ricoh/Pentax can't be that stupid to set a price higher than its high volume sell competirors:

Nikon d7100 MSRP 1199
Canon 70d MSRP $1199

of course both cameras run for about $50-$70 less than that in popular online stores and are expected to continue to get lower by the time K-3 hits stores..

so why in the world do you think Pentax is going to price this camera more than $1199?
I mean, what can they possibly say/do that would make someone pay more than they would for the d7100 or 70d ? with their fame?

You can argue that lenses, pentax legacy, your current gear, etc... However, that has not stopped lots of people that have just moved to canikon. We all know that pentax has been lagging behind in many aspects like video, FF, etc etc.
The fact is that the K-3 is pretty much a d7100 in regarding to features (based on what we've seen from leaked specs) . We have been stranded in 16MP for a while now and we think that this will make the camera so much more expensive when in reality K-3 is just matching competitors, getting to their level. Dont expect this to cost more than a d7100 or 70d or I think they will have serious trouble getting them to sell
Because of this:
Nikon D7100 | Teds Cameras - Ted's Cameras
10-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #340
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SW Washington
Posts: 820
QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
Really? Didn`t know that.
How much sales tax do you guys pay, if I may ask?
That depends on where you live in the US. There is no federal sales tax. Every state and most larger cities (on top of the state tax) set their own sales tax rate. Combined rates range from 0% to 12.7%.
10-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #341
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 161
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Originally posted by jrcastillo
for those estimating prices of the K-3:

Ricoh/Pentax can't be that stupid to set a price higher than its high volume sell competirors:

Nikon d7100 MSRP 1199
Canon 70d MSRP $1199

of course both cameras run for about $50-$70 less than that in popular online stores and are expected to continue to get lower by the time K-3 hits stores..

so why in the world do you think Pentax is going to price this camera more than $1199?
I mean, what can they possibly say/do that would make someone pay more than they would for the d7100 or 70d ? with their fame?

You can argue that lenses, pentax legacy, your current gear, etc... However, that has not stopped lots of people that have just moved to canikon. We all know that pentax has been lagging behind in many aspects like video, FF, etc etc.
The fact is that the K-3 is pretty much a d7100 in regarding to features (based on what we've seen from leaked specs) . We have been stranded in 16MP for a while now and we think that this will make the camera so much more expensive when in reality K-3 is just matching competitors, getting to their level. Dont expect this to cost more than a d7100 or 70d or I think they will have serious trouble getting them to sell
Because of this:
Nikon D7100 | Teds Cameras - Ted's Cameras
yeah... i forgot to add that those are the US prices
10-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #342
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 233
QuoteOriginally posted by Quazimoto Quote
Bigger screen too? by the looks of it, it is the 3.2" like in the D7100.



Dual slots are not for space (generally), they are for insurance, or RAW+JPEG.
I would love two slots because, yeeeeaaah data can be recovered but it's hardly a nice experience... if I am shooting a wedding, I am setting the camera to write RAWs to both cards. One card goes bad? You still have the photos. Huge advantage.
Point made thank you. Ive never had a card fail, but my wife did on vacation with my Kr last year, never thought about it that way. I remember with film you only had one shot, period....
10-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #343
Veteran Member
bossa's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 4,546
We pay 10% GST and they tend to add a fair bit extra to cover warranty as well.
10-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #344
Veteran Member
bossa's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 4,546
QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
Yeah I bought a K-5 for around the $1700 mark too. ( I was going overseas that week and didnt want to be tempted to come home with a new camera and no where for warranty returns)

I just did a quick and dirty search and found the D7100 for $1319 and the 70D for $1319

Nikon D7100 Digital SLR Camera - All Kits - Digital Cameras Warehouse
Canon EOS 70D DSLR ? Body Only | Digital Camera Warehouse

Hmmm interesting that they both come with wifi ( the nikon via an adapter included at this price)

Surely Ricoh/Pentax and CRK will keep the launch price to aound that of the main rivals?? I'm hoping for no more than $1399 ish at launch in Oz. Especially as it seems I'm going to have to shell out for a new BG as well....

Edit: oops, got my eos's all mixed up, the 70d is the rival, not the 7D silly me.
Isn't Digital Camera Warehouse a grey market supplier?
10-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #345
Site Supporter
Chaos_Realm's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,251
QuoteOriginally posted by limpet Quote
Okay let`s get down to brass tacks....the wonga.

Optimistically trailed at $1300 for the body ....at an exchange rate of 1.6:1 ( $:£ ) I make that, using a back of a fag packet calculation....ermmmm, let`s see.........about £1300
And in Australia it is usually 1US:0.9AUD. so my guess $1550 - $1700AUD

.. Still cheaper to buy from B&H in NYC and ship it around the world.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, front, headphone, info, k-3, pentax news, pentax rumors, pictures, prices
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fixing Front and Back Focus on the K-x theunartist Pentax DSLR Discussion 18 06-28-2016 12:28 PM
Front/Back Focus issue - Is it the camera's problem or is it the lens? vtqanh Pentax DSLR Discussion 10 09-26-2012 04:58 AM
Anyone have a K-r with persistent front-focus issues and actually get it fixed? deadwolfbones Pentax K-r 7 02-17-2012 01:43 PM
Front/Back Focus vs DOF= 1/3:2/3? jmg257 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 4 01-10-2012 01:47 PM
Any pictures of 70mm and 77mm DA side by side? eyou Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 62 03-24-2009 04:03 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:24 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top