Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2013, 05:14 AM   #436
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MariusCTM Quote
yeap, a dslr of 1kg and 1 lens of 1.5 kg over the heads of the crowd! cool!
I've used the LCD on my K-7 (with battery grip) to take photos over the head of a crowd using my DA* 60-250mm lens. More like 1 + 1 kilograms.

(An articulated screen would have been better! But this was 4 years ago.

10-06-2013, 05:31 AM   #437
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
That and also the fact that the upper front part of D-BG4 is horizontal, flat:

whilst there is a slight recess in the corresponding part of D-BG5, matching the body's slight protrusion:
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Similar, but not the same. Look at the detente pins. On the D-BG4 there are both the same size, but on the D-BG5 one is thinner, and one is thicker than those of the D-BG4. As such they are quite deliberately incompatible.
QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote
I have no source other than the images of the new grip.

I don't know about "deliberately", but I do fear "incompatible".

(For me, the problem isn't so much the price, it is that my main camera and my back-up camera would have different grips, which is more to carry around. This hasn't happened for my last 2 cameras).
Thanks, guys.
I tried to find some differences last night but I guess I was too tired and not sharp anymore. Allthough they look very similair, this is defenately a different grip. Too bad.

@ Barry: Price is not a problem but if the old grip would fit then I could spend €250,- on something else
Besides, when working with 2 bodies I only use a grip on the main camera, the 2nd is backup and most of the time dead weight so it`s usually without grip to keep the weight down.
10-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #438
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
New specs translated from digicame.info

QuoteOriginally posted by digicame.info:
From readers, we have to provide information about the specifications of the Pentax K-3.
  • Specifications of Pentax K-3 are as follows.

- The sensor 24 million pixel APS-C sensor, a low-pass-less
    - Image processing engine PRIME III of the new development
    - Within the body image stabilization, adopt drive unit controller and more powerful new
    - (Effect is strong, weak, OFF selectable) low-pass selector function obtained the same effect as the optical low-pass filter by moving slightly during exposure image sensors.
    - Astro tracer support (optional)
    - AF unit SAFOX11 of new development. -3EV Supports. The use of the color information of the photometric sensor to AF
    - AF point of the AF corresponds to the luminous flux of F2.8 to three points (25 cross point), center point 27
    - Continuous shooting 8.3 frames / second
    - (SDXC, UHS-I compatible), SD media card slot dual
    - Can be saved in RAW format to use HDR
    - In the new development, finder redesigned optical system. 100% field of view, 0.95x magnification
    - Body adopts a magnesium alloy up and down and back and forth. Dustproof drip-proof. Cold performance of -10 ℃
    - Durability of the shutter 20 million times
    - Possible cooperation with smartphone FLUCARD of options
    - Body Premium Black and Silver Edition
    - Battery grip D-BG5 of K-3 only
If you think of this information as the sensor is retrofit to a low-pass-less 24MP sensor, viewfinder AF unit also image stabilization unit and the new development, Pentax K-3 is going to be a big model change very from K-5 II . In addition, low-pass filter (?) Mechanical Interesting idea to bra slightly with the SR.

Google Translate
10-06-2013, 06:37 AM   #439
Pentaxian

The shutter is actually good for 200,000 actuations - google botched the translation as usual. Anyway, that would be a 2x increase over the K-5 series.

10-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #440
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
So if i understand correctly the low pass filter is replaced by removing moire through sensor shift.
10-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #441
Pentaxian

With a selectable strength, yep.
10-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #442
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
So if i understand correctly the low pass filter is replaced by removing moire through sensor shift.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Lol, for the best IQ we, the users, strive to eliminate motion blur as much as possible and now the manufacturer deliberately introduces motionblur to get better IQ. You gotta love the irony in that!

10-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #443
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
Lol, for the best IQ we, the users, strive to eliminate motion blur as much as possible and now the manufacturer deliberately introduces motionblur to get better IQ. You gotta love the irony in that!
That is what the AA filter does. Purposely softens the image. The predictability of the AA filter allows it to be fixed post by sharpening algorithms. Would the same algorithms work for this? I suppose as long as the effect is predictable and constant over the entirety of the sensor array.
10-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #444
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Yes, K-3 takes advantage of focus peaking.
Full-time, during video?
10-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #445
Pentaxian

- Possible cooperation with smartphone FLUCARD of options
Right when the FLU season is starting, I smell a conspiracy
10-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #446
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bhairavp Quote
..if they price their products right. The DA*300 is for 150,000 INR, which equates to ~2300USD! I can import it from B&H, pay duty and still end up paying much less!
I wonder who is getting that difference ....taxes.....or the middleman....or ?
10-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #447
Veteran Member

(Effect is strong, weak, OFF selectable) low-pass selector function obtained the same effect as the optical low-pass filter by moving slightly during exposure image sensors.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I would like to see Canon or Nikon do that with in-lens image stabilisation! With every lens!

(Edit) Whoops! What about flash?

Last edited by Barry Pearson; 10-06-2013 at 08:53 AM.
10-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #448
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Two days people. Shouldn't we just wait?
Nope. I heard it was full-frame!
10-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #449
Veteran Member

I should have packed a lunch before starting this thread.

I suspect there are more camera consumers than there are serious photographers with no desire for video. That leads me to the conclusion that if the implied stats are correct Ricoh may have a real winner (from the sales perspective) with this model.
10-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #450
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
I should have packed a lunch before starting this thread.

I suspect there are more camera consumers than there are serious photographers with no desire for video. That leads me to the conclusion that if the implied stats are correct Ricoh may have a real winner (from the sales perspective) with this model.
Huh? My K-5 could do video quite easily. Easier than my D600 IMO.

I don't see anything that makes this camera better than Canon's cameras... tough to tell the whole experience from a spec sheet, though, and perhaps some people left Pentax because of 'difficult' video...?