Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #496
Forum Member

Does the HDMI can it transmit the same information as the Liveview?
If this is the case, it would not be too expensive to tinker an articulated screen for macro, right? (and for video purpose too)
Like that one:

10-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #497
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve7527 Quote
The second time my post has suggested I go to another product for daring to mention an articulated screen. You do realise that this is a Camera forum specific to Pentax?
Some people are very jumpy in the leadup to the K-3 announcement. I'd ignore misdirected barbs, if I were you. See my post on the subject a couple up from your last. An articulated screen adds cost as well as another weather sealing issue, and isn't always the solution to a viewfinder issue. Wireless linking to a smart phone or tablet is a much more flexible solution but, of course, requires the user to have one already. However, a cheap second-hand smart phone would probably cost less than the additional cost of provided the in-camera solution. It could even add GPS data if you want that.
10-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #498
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by novsky Quote
Does the HDMI can it transmit the same information as the Liveview?
If this is the case, it would not be too expensive to tinker an articulated screen for macro, right? (and for video purpose too)
Like that one:
Yes it does. Some of us have been doing this for a couple of years. I imagine the monitors are even cheaper and better now.
10-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #499
Veteran Member

I've never actually seen a normal feature-length movie that treats the viewer so dumb, by forcing him/her to: "Hey look over here at what'sin focus! Now STOP and look over there at what isnowin focus! And now look back over here, I've changed focus on you again,keep up with me man!"

Selective focus ifs used frequently in feature films. It is usually motivated by story or character movement, so it isn't always noticeable. Occasionally, it ifs used in the manner you described. This is called "racking focus," and it is universally considered a legitimate technique. It categorically useful in genre and stylized films.

10-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #500
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fuent104 Quote
I've never actually seen a normal feature-length movie that treats the viewer so dumb, by forcing him/her to: "Hey look over here at what'sin focus! Now STOP and look over there at what isnowin focus! And now look back over here, I've changed focus on you again,keep up with me man!"

Selective focus ifs used frequently in feature films. It is usually motivated by story or character movement, so it isn't always noticeable. Occasionally, it ifs used in the manner you described. This is called "racking focus," and it is universally considered a legitimate technique. It categorically useful in genre and stylized films.
We don't know everything yet. There's someothing special still to be revealed, I think.
10-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #501
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
We don't know everything yet. There's someothing special still to be revealed, I think.
I think there are some lenses that should be coming out. I hope Pentax has some surprises left.
10-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #502
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sledger Quote
From Samsungian's profile:
IOW: None
If his signature is current, He's basically got a K10D... outdated now but hey, who am I to say since I've got the same one ^^;

10-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #503
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
If his signature is current, He's basically got a K10D... outdated now but hey, who am I to say since I've got the same one ^^;
Looks like he's updated his profile. Say's he has a K20D now where before it was Two Samsung GX-1S
10-06-2013, 05:54 PM - 1 Like   #504
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Seems like Pentax will not fit your bill !
1. Not full frame
2. no vari-angle screen
3. Canon has it ....
Suggestion: buy a Canon.

... forgot to ask: which Pentax camera are you presently using?

JP
It wasn't long ago that many were dead set against live view I remember the complaints and the threats of jumping ship etc. it seems whenever a change occurs people will complain. The only thing a manufacturer can do is to move forward with the masses and to let those who resist change to either adapt and accept or align or to drop off.
10-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #505
Pentaxian

I can understand the desire for vari-angle screen, but having had one with and used it only a couple of times, I would rather not. It is something else to break.
10-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #506
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It would have been really nice to see a Close-able hatch for the OVF as an added feature , like the Nikon Dslr 's. seeing the new K-3 has a redesigned Diopter adjustment Pentax could have thrown that in the works.
10-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #507

QuoteOriginally posted by disco_owner Quote
It would have been really nice to see a Close-able hatch for the OVF as an added feature , like the Nikon Dslr 's. seeing the new K-3 has a redesigned Diopter adjustment Pentax could have thrown that in the works.
I do hope this is included but we'll have to wait & see.
10-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #508
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by sledger Quote
Looks like he's updated his profile. Say's he has a K20D now where before it was Two Samsung GX-1S
He's actually been around for a long time. A bit crusty but not a bad guy.
10-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #509
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fuent104 Quote
I can appreciate a well-executed rack focus as much as anyone, but (and I recognize this is subjective and contextual) it should be subtle, not a smack in the head, the way Phillip Bloom seems to suggest through his examples. And while all aspiring filmmakers should use DSLRs, that doesn't mean that all DSLR users need to be aspiring filmmakers.
10-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #510
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by disco_owner Quote
Pentax had viewfinder blinds on several of their film SLRs, including the K2DMD, one of which I have. The main use was to keep stray light from entering the eyepiece and affecting the exposure. I've no idea why they've never included this feature since, except maybe to keep costs down, as they did with the aperture coupler on the KAF mount variant. Little touches like that, though, added to the appeal of Pentaxes in the past, and that's something they should bear in mind for the future.