Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #571
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Here is Ricoh's K-3 page.

10-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #572
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by snake Quote
Pentax is simply the K-mount and has been for decades. There's little left. So to hate Ricoh all of a sudden, who seems to be showing initiative, in small ways, is laughable. If anything, Ricoh hasn't even been given a chance yet to fail or prosper with the brand, which is why they should really not care for the old stalwarts of the old era.

They will hate everything and not buy anything. New customers are where it's at.
Snakester,

Don't think anybody is 'hating' Ricoh. More of just wanting to see the grand old name 'Pentax' survive. I would also say that many Pentaxians are happy that Ricoh took over Pentax.

Lester
10-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #573
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Well, I wouldn't be too sure of that
ok...so the D7100 doesn't have better video...the K-3 just seems to be on par w/ it now (no surprise because of what we know of the processor specs posted a few weeks ago). 1080/60i max.
10-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #574
Forum Member

FINALLY!!! i am so happy!!! it has everything I want!! only $1300!! I wonder how many silver versions they made... for $300 more and with a battery grip it's a steal! the preorder is for Americans, can you preorder outside of America? do they have worldwide delivery? maybe I will send them an email... ^^ ah have to wait til november... but not long...

10-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #575
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The crop mode is irrelevant
Actually, the D7100's crop mode is relevant because it covers the entire image w/ the AF sensors which is important for their AF-C tracking mode so you can track stuff to the edges. It bumps frame speed up a bit too.
I do agree they crippled the buffer size though. And there's no way the new AF system will do what the D7100's does (though most people don't need to do football player type tracking) Nikon's D300 AF module was meant to compete w/ Canon's 1D series which was a huge lead over Nikon's older AF systems for tracking...
10-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #576
Marketplace Reseller

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've seen at least 4 people here state that they "hate" Ricoh for "killing the Pentax brand" by renaming their company back to Ricoh and daring to put their name on the new cameras they have produced. Heck, they have even acted like the sky was falling because the rings on the new lenses are red rather than the green that was introduced long after the Pentax brand had any real cachet in the market.

Of course the morons don't realize that between 1919 and 2002, there was no Pentax brand - the company was called Asahi and produced a line of cameras called "Pentax," just like Ricoh does now. I don't see them scratching out the "Asahi" from their old Spotmatics. And in other countries, of course, the Pentax name and products were licensed to companies like Honeywell/Heiland.

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Snakester,

Don't think anybody is 'hating' Ricoh. More of just wanting to see the grand old name 'Pentax' survive. I would also say that many Pentaxians are happy that Ricoh took over Pentax.

Lester
10-07-2013, 08:01 PM - 1 Like   #577
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cream Quote
FINALLY!!! i am so happy!!! it has everything I want!! only $1300!! I wonder how many silver versions they made... for $300 more and with a battery grip it's a steal! the preorder is for Americans, can you preorder outside of America? do they have worldwide delivery? maybe I will send them an email... ^^ ah have to wait til november... but not long...
Only 2000 will be produced. The silver edition for some reason is $100 cheaper directly form Ricoh site: PentaxWebstore.com:K-3 Premium Silver Edition K-3 Premium Silver Edition

And one guy posted free shipping code (worth $15) on DPR/Pentax:
from Red5TX

If anyone orders from Pentax direct, you can save $15 on shipping with promo code: PTXUPSLTWEBMACSS

I just pre-opdered regular black.

Good luck
10-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #578
Forum Member

thank you for the information I just clicked on preorder, it said Product not found. Sorry, this item is not available for purchase through PentaxWebstore.com. Continue Shopping maybe it will work in a few days? or did someone already get it to work...

10-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #579
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
And there's no way the new AF system will do what the D7100's does (though most people don't need to do football player type tracking) Nikon's D300 AF module was meant to compete w/ Canon's 1D series which was a huge lead over Nikon's older AF systems for tracking...
A little premature to be so definitive? The Pentax tracking system is colour sensitive, which should be an advantage. The real test will be in actual hits on a moving target, not on some Nikon lore. It will be interesting to see FNAC Lab results.
10-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #580
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
A little premature to be so definitive? The Pentax tracking system is colour sensitive, which should be an advantage. The real test will be in actual hits on a moving target, not on some Nikon lore. It will be interesting to see FNAC Lab results.
You can count on me. I'll be shooting BIF soon.
10-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #581
Pentaxian

thank you for the information I just clicked on preorder, it said Product not found. Sorry, this item is not available for purchase through PentaxWebstore.com. Continue Shopping maybe it will work in a few days? or did someone already get it to work...
Call them tomorrow and ask to honor their offer!
10-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #582
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Greyser Quote
Call them tomorrow and ask to honor their offer!
I could call them right now... But I will wait a day or two, if it doesn't come back then I will contact them and ask them...
10-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #583

I don't understand that it says "focus peaking in video mode". Does that mean that there's no focus peaking when used as a camera for photography?
10-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #584

QuoteOriginally posted by Greyser Quote
Only 2000 will be produced. The silver edition for some reason is $100 cheaper directly form Ricoh site: PentaxWebstore.com:K-3 Premium Silver Edition K-3 Premium Silver Edition

And one guy posted free shipping code (worth $15) on DPR/Pentax:
from Red5TX

If anyone orders from Pentax direct, you can save $15 on shipping with promo code: PTXUPSLTWEBMACSS

I just pre-opdered regular black.

Good luck
With your help, I just cancel my order in Adorama with $1600 and comes with $1500 in Pentaxwebstore . Thanks so much! But seriously, I don't why they have $100 lower price than BH and Adorama

Try it more! Because I just did it .
10-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #585
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ledohung Quote
With your help, I just cancel my order in Adorama with $1600 and comes with $1500 in Pentaxwebstore . Thanks so much! But seriously, I don't why they have $100 lower price than BH and Adorama

Try it more! Because I just did it .
do you know if it only works if you live in America? I tried it again... I got different error messages, I think later error messages were better i will try it later again