Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2013, 01:41 AM   #91

It looks very good, and looks like a great upgrade from the K5 body, but its not for me. I want a smaller, not a bigger camera. If they put a K mount on the Ricoh GR, that'd make me happy.

10-05-2013, 01:41 AM   #92
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jrcastillo Quote
do we know if this will use the same sensor as the d7100? That sensor is kicking a**.
I have a K-30 looking forwards to updating to a more robust body later on... I hope they put a filter less 24MP sensor. Knowing that K-30 uses a revised sensor of that in the d7000, i wonder if this would be a revised sensor or that in the d7100.

I dont know why people is complaining about video. Is it too hard NOT using it if you dont care about it? In fact, is there a single DSLR in this price range that DOES NOT offer dedicated video options?
There was rumors of this one being just W/O AA, and AA in software. With leaked picture there was also speclist. So far it looks like those specs would be true.
10-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #93
Inactive Account

I guess the new grip is coming as well, because the old one should be too small
10-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Well, I did not mean just You with my comment, and everyone should do as they please with their gear, and purchasing of one too. I should calm down, everyone should. In the end these are not so big deals. I want to see specs, must say that I'm eager to know.
I know what you mean...I have been carried away a couple times too :-)

The specs will be interesting, that is for sure.

10-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #95
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Sorry, I was going by the first still results from the HD lenses. Which are quite underwhelming and confirm to me that Pentax did sacrifice more photographic capabilities for video.
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Yes, that's what I've been saying. "HD" has been the term for 1080p video for years now. So naming the new lensline HD to go with the new video-centric body is very smart marketing.
HD Pentax-DA 560mm f/5.6 is definitely optimized for video .

And so is HD Pentax D FA 645 90mm f/2.8 Macro; too bad 645D is not even capable of video shooting .
10-05-2013, 01:51 AM   #96
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bolt Quote
Little comparison for y'all.
Thanks.

The comparison images are not scaled but:
- Front view: I note that there is a little more distance from the mount and down to the bottom plate. More room for the new AF module?
- Side view: The body of the K-3 has grown in depth or the grip has decreased. May be the perspective though...
10-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #97
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice. Good thing they decided to fix the position of the AF button. It was just to far away on the k5. I used it all the time when I had my k-x, can'

10-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #98
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
What were you hoping for: an OMD clone? Nothing has indicated this Pentax was going to be anything other than a DSLR. A revised version of the K-01 with EVF hasn't been hinted at, so why the sudden departure? Not that we don't wish you happiness with whichever Olympus you opt for, but your parting declaration gives no rhyme or reason, which you're quite entitled to do, but I hope you've no expectation that anyone would be impressed by it.
No, i was not waiting for an OMD clone. And it won't be easy for leaving Pentax, selling over €5000 of gear and take my loss, but (and I know it's too eraly to make a real statement) they ruinied the ergonomics of the great K5 body, made it bigger (and probably also heavier), made it look like quasimodo and it seems to be a video oriented body.
That's not what I need, so, instead of staying with Pentax and complain about the camera I make a choice (and that is the Oly EM-1 because I think it will suit my photography better).
10-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #99
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fuent104 Quote
I don't see how you have gathered that these lenses are optimized for video. They simply are not. If this is pentax's attempt at making lenses for video, they are more incont than we thought. Video lenses have a long focus throw, standardized filter thread (within a series) , and need to have a wide enough focus ring to accommodate a lens gear and follow focus. And should be long enough to extend into a matte box.
(...)
In addition to what you wrote: autofocus video lenses need a very precise, smooth and silent motor such as a stepper motor and cannot rely on screw-driven autofocus like the HD DA Limiteds do.
10-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #100

This camera is looking good. Cant wait for some specs to be released.
10-05-2013, 01:54 AM   #101
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by siamthai Quote
I don't quite understand this post. What is it that makes you want to leave Pentax for Olympus?
I do still photography, not video
10-05-2013, 01:57 AM - 1 Like   #102
wll
Veteran Member

Looks LIke Pentax Blew It Again !

Pentax comes out with more advanced video ability, and no articulating screen ... are they nuts !

Lets see if the new K-3 has tethering, I hope so !

So far I'm not to impressed !

wll
10-05-2013, 01:59 AM   #103
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Looking at the side view I see 7 things I will never use:
Popup flash button
Flash sync port
Headset jack
Mic jack
Usb port
HDMI port
DC in port
+1, except USB port but again it good to have mic jack in case.
10-05-2013, 01:59 AM - 1 Like   #104
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wigelII Quote
I do still photography, not video
That's a ridiculous reason; the K-3 brings in many still photography-related improvements.
As usual, Pentax is addressing our complaints, and as usual this is regarded as a huge mistake by the whining club.
10-05-2013, 02:02 AM - 4 Likes   #105

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
Pentax comes out with more advanced video ability, and no articulating screen ... are they nuts !

Lets see if the new K-3 has tethering, I hope so !

So far I'm not to impressed !

wll
No articulating screen would suggest weather sealing to me. Id rather weather sealing over a tilting screen any day of the week!