Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2013, 02:37 AM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
More photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/l-camera/sets/72157636201872393/

10-05-2013, 02:38 AM - 5 Likes   #122
Veteran Member

I find the negativity toward this camera quite baffling considering people are just guessing the spec's. I suggest crying your way over to a dealer and buying into another system instead of spoiling the party.
10-05-2013, 02:39 AM   #123
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
Your accustations are so far off the wall I can't stop laughing
Let s look at them objectivley
HD:1024p what is this ?? its a mix of an XGA PC standard merged with parts of consumer HD reterict I assume you mean 1080p note no HD at the front thats you personaly fabrictation to make your story fit
So your accustation is Penatx is lieing HD is no refernece to a new harder coat but to its Video Lineage ...what about the HD560 good look with that
And finally the flashes.....Those flashes that everyone was screaming needed to be weather sealed, the 360 needed an articulated head....guess what?

Do you really think adding an 20p LED light took any R&D resources from their core function ? if you do maybe you'd be better off turning your paranoa on a Sony product?
Yeah, and it's funny, cause Sony switched to SLT, sacrificing low light capabilities to have better video AF! Now THAT is sacrificing the still capabilities of a camera to make a better video camera.

@OJGoreng: Thanks. Looks good.
10-05-2013, 02:43 AM   #124
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nitrok Quote
Can't view - private

10-05-2013, 02:44 AM   #125
Pentaxian

Original Poster
"Oops! You don't have permission to view this page.".
10-05-2013, 02:44 AM   #126
Pentaxian

made me click

QuoteOriginally posted by flickr:
This page is private.

Oops! You don't have permission to view this page.
Here's a link back to your home page.
10-05-2013, 02:46 AM   #127
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can't think of a single reason not to like this new K-3.
I don't shoot video, only photos. Here's why I like it, in no particular order of preference:

1. LiveView button moved to a sensible place from K-5 position, where it won;t constantly be bumped if I touch the four-way switches.
2. Dedicated video button so no chance for me to accidentally select video!
3. Duel card slots. Protection against card failure, at last on a Pentax.
4. Info and Menu buttons is where I expect to find them.
5. AE-L button is where I expect to find it.
6. With video now selected on the rear, wonder what (extra) they've put on the top wheel selector?
7. Better diopter adjustment - more like Nikon.
8. If the camera is a bit taller or wider, that suits me just fine. I have big hands. I suspect though, that we're actually looking at the same size, so to me it seems the D-BG4 battery grip should work.
9. If the LCD screen is a bit bigger, that suits me fine too.
10. I don't need an articulated screen. And if that makes it harder to weatherseal, then I definitively do not want it.

Thank you Ricoh for listening to my grumbles about the damn LiveView button!

10-05-2013, 02:53 AM   #128
Pentaxian

K-5 grows into K-3

The K-5 gets a "big brother":

K-5-vs-K-3

The new "SR" logo at the front looks classier.
I like it.

Last edited by Class A; 10-05-2013 at 03:07 AM.
10-05-2013, 03:01 AM   #129
Veteran Member

I've tried to match them up, more or less. I think it should be good enough to compare...
Attached Images

Last edited by kadajawi; 06-26-2017 at 12:35 PM.
10-05-2013, 03:03 AM   #130
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-3 pictures: front, side and back (aka it definitely is a headphone jack)

Canon 7D, Nikon D7200, Sony A77, Panasonic GH-3, Olympus EM-5, Fuji X-pro and XE-1.

Of those cameras listed, which ones aren't video oriented or have dedicated video features?

Which ones are small as or smaller than the K-5?

If you are going to leave Pentax because they decided to release a camera body that addresses its prior offerings short comings, then I wish you all the best in your photographic endeavors.

Also when I first bought my Kr, I didn't think I would use the video function at all, but I did and in the end my iPhone 4 was much better at it than my Kr. I'm looking forward to the K-3 personally.

10-05-2013, 03:05 AM - 3 Likes   #131
Veteran Member

Here are the new ones: K-3 - Imgur

Battery grip was named as BG-5 btw.
10-05-2013, 03:09 AM - 1 Like   #132
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fuent104 Quote
I am curious: why do you feel that way? Video is an extremely important segment of the market, and it is one pentax has neglected until now they will continue to lose market share until they properly address video. That is a fact. For example, there are thousands odd film students all around America who would never consider pentax, due to canon's dominance as a video tool.

Of course, they shouldn't neglect still users, either.
I think Clavius is going to buy an older Leica, since, of course, they are about the only camera company that hasn't paid any attention to video.
10-05-2013, 03:09 AM - 1 Like   #133
Veteran Member

ooo video switch, one less con for dpr
10-05-2013, 03:10 AM   #134
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
That's a ridiculous reason; the K-3 brings in many still photography-related improvements.
As usual, Pentax is addressing our complaints, and as usual this is regarded as a huge mistake by the whining club.
Oh yes? How do you know?
The only thing I can see for the moment is a video oriented body.
I also see that it doesn't have an articulated screen. That's a pity.
I don't know if it has wifi and supports tethering ( that would be real assets to me).

And, by the way, my friend of the friendly Pentax forum, come on in to have a drink in the Whining club. We'll explain what still photography is about.
10-05-2013, 03:12 AM   #135
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by theperception2008 Quote
Canon 7D, Nikon D7200, Sony A77, Panasonic GH-3, Olympus EM-5, Fuji X-pro and XE-1.

Of those cameras listed, which ones aren't video oriented or have dedicated video features?

Which ones are small as or smaller than the K-5?

If you are going to leave Pentax because they decided to release a camera body that addresses its prior offerings short comings, then I wish you all the best in your photographic endeavors.

Also when I first bought my Kr, I didn't think I would use the video function at all, but I did and in the end my iPhone 4 was much better at it than my Kr. I'm looking forward to the K-3 personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Olympus EM1 has video but is clearly a still photography oriented camera (it clearly shows and that is confirmed by Olympus itself).