Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 103 Likes Search this Thread
10-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #346
Veteran Member

The cheapest D7100 I have seen is at eGlobal

Nikon D7100 Body Only Digital SLR Cameras :: Nikon :: Digital SLR Cameras - eGlobaL Digital Cameras Online Store

10-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #347
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
No but local markets do have differences. A 70D body costs €1069,- over here, at current exchange rate that would be $1453.
QuoteOriginally posted by Cannikin Quote
That depends on where you live in the US. There is no federal sales tax. Every state and most larger cities (on top of the state tax) set their own sales tax rate. Combined rates range from 0% to 12.7%.
Here in Los Angeles we pay 9% on everything purchased including Amazon online. Some of east coast internet sellers are still tax free, but the loophole is closing.
10-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #348
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Isn't Digital Camera Warehouse a grey market supplier?
Not that I'm aware of.

They have stores in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisvegas. My understaanding is they are pretty legit.
10-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #349
Veteran Member

Isn't Digital Camera Warehouse a grey market supplier?
I don't believe so, at least not for pentax as far as I can see on thier website.

They still have k-r's forsale....

10-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #350
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wow, that looks dodgy. I wouldn't trust them with my CC details.
10-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #351
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
I don't believe so, at least not for pentax as far as I can see on thier website.

They still have k-r's forsale....
Thats nothing. At Croydon Camera House they have K-7 on display for $1300....!!!
10-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #352
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
well they have been only been registered since the middle of last year.. but they have an abn etc..
Just enter the site address and you get a fair bit of info on them.

Registry Portal :: Whois Lookup

10-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #353

Photos: Albums
And yet the CRK online shop has the 60-250/4 cheaper than B&H - AUD 1349 vs. USD 1397 - and for some reason that lens has almost always been cheaper in Australia than other countries even before you factor in postage. There never seems to be a direct correlation between US prices and Australian prices so it is difficult to predict where the K3 will come pricewise. If it matches the local price of a d7100 then I will be happy.
10-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #354
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Hidden content may not be quoted
suggesting that Adam has a pre-production model in house for review? Hmmmmmmmmmmm
10-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #355
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Ricoh rescued Pentax from Hoya indifference, under-funding and quite possibly death. I want Ricoh features on my Pentax, especially focus peaking and snap focus. If Ricoh wants their name on the back, I'm totally OK with that.

Like someone else said, I didn't buy my first DSLR because it was a Pentax, I couldn't have cared less what name was on the body. Canon was initially at the top of my list because I loved my little A720. I bought Pentax because it was the best DSLR at the best price, and nothing I've seen since has made me want to switch.
Well said.
10-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #356
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
In ol' times of analogue signal, a better signal-to-noise ratio.
The size of a headphone jack is absolutely NOTHING to do with signal to noise ratio.
10-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #357
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just looked carefully at my k-5II and in particular looked at the left grip. There is a lot of discussion about the 'hump' on the k-3 but comparing it to the k-5 there is a hump there as well, not as big but almost exactly in the same location. My thumb fits it almost perfectly in a classic grip. The larger hump in the k-3 might fit even better. It isn't as 'new' as I thought it was, just expanded slightly over the one on the k-5.
10-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #358
Veteran Member

They've been going for awhile and lots of people seem pretty happy with them. Simon Thomas (TOUGEFC) seems to like them and bought stuff after I recommended he look at them.
10-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #359
Veteran Member

OK, i get that more metal equals better connection, thus less resistance...but really, I-everything uses a tiny jack, and the quality of the sound is astounding...

must be something more
Jack connections are circular and thus it's a point contact. The restistences of the connection is negligable to the point of irrelevance. As said above the size of the JACK makes NO difference.
10-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #360
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
The size of a headphone jack is absolutely NOTHING to do with signal to noise ratio.
Jokingly: Perhaps they expect the audio to go Radio Active (as in play on the radio ) and it's surrounded by lead shielding. (bad joke but who cares it's Sunday morning here?)

Seriously: I suspect they decided to add to the ergonomics and the audio jack offered an opportunity to move the component a little "off camera" so to speak.