Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2013, 08:01 PM - 1 Like   #571
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cream Quote
FINALLY!!! i am so happy!!! it has everything I want!! only $1300!! I wonder how many silver versions they made... for $300 more and with a battery grip it's a steal! the preorder is for Americans, can you preorder outside of America? do they have worldwide delivery? maybe I will send them an email... ^^ ah have to wait til november... but not long...
Only 2000 will be produced. The silver edition for some reason is $100 cheaper directly form Ricoh site: PentaxWebstore.com:K-3 Premium Silver Edition K-3 Premium Silver Edition

And one guy posted free shipping code (worth $15) on DPR/Pentax:
from Red5TX

If anyone orders from Pentax direct, you can save $15 on shipping with promo code: PTXUPSLTWEBMACSS

I just pre-opdered regular black.

Good luck

10-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #572
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
thank you for the information I just clicked on preorder, it said Product not found. Sorry, this item is not available for purchase through PentaxWebstore.com. Continue Shopping maybe it will work in a few days? or did someone already get it to work...
10-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #573
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
And there's no way the new AF system will do what the D7100's does (though most people don't need to do football player type tracking) Nikon's D300 AF module was meant to compete w/ Canon's 1D series which was a huge lead over Nikon's older AF systems for tracking...
A little premature to be so definitive? The Pentax tracking system is colour sensitive, which should be an advantage. The real test will be in actual hits on a moving target, not on some Nikon lore. It will be interesting to see FNAC Lab results.
10-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #574
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
A little premature to be so definitive? The Pentax tracking system is colour sensitive, which should be an advantage. The real test will be in actual hits on a moving target, not on some Nikon lore. It will be interesting to see FNAC Lab results.
You can count on me. I'll be shooting BIF soon.

10-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #575
Veteran Member

thank you for the information I just clicked on preorder, it said Product not found. Sorry, this item is not available for purchase through PentaxWebstore.com. Continue Shopping maybe it will work in a few days? or did someone already get it to work...
Call them tomorrow and ask to honor their offer!
10-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #576
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Greyser Quote
Call them tomorrow and ask to honor their offer!
I could call them right now... But I will wait a day or two, if it doesn't come back then I will contact them and ask them...
10-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #577

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't understand that it says "focus peaking in video mode". Does that mean that there's no focus peaking when used as a camera for photography?

10-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #578
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Only 2000 will be produced. The silver edition for some reason is $100 cheaper directly form Ricoh site: PentaxWebstore.com:K-3 Premium Silver Edition K-3 Premium Silver Edition

And one guy posted free shipping code (worth $15) on DPR/Pentax:
from Red5TX

If anyone orders from Pentax direct, you can save $15 on shipping with promo code: PTXUPSLTWEBMACSS

I just pre-opdered regular black.

Good luck
With your help, I just cancel my order in Adorama with $1600 and comes with $1500 in Pentaxwebstore . Thanks so much! But seriously, I don't why they have $100 lower price than BH and Adorama

Try it more! Because I just did it .
10-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #579
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ledohung Quote
With your help, I just cancel my order in Adorama with $1600 and comes with $1500 in Pentaxwebstore . Thanks so much! But seriously, I don't why they have $100 lower price than BH and Adorama

do you know if it only works if you live in America? I tried it again... I got different error messages, I think later error messages were better i will try it later again
10-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #580
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by siamthai Quote
I don't understand that it says "focus peaking in video mode". Does that mean that there's no focus peaking when used as a camera for photography?
No. It will have both. It is a new feature for video though.
10-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #581
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ledohung Quote

My pleasure! The only silver lens I have is FA*300/4.5. I went for the regular black edition.
10-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #582
Veteran Member

You can count on me. I'll be shooting BIF soon.
Same here!

The timing of the launch is a bit unfortunate - the airshow season is over in the UK, and some motor sports are winding down for winter. I'll have to seek out other opportunities. Perhaps indoor events?

Interesting times ahead!
10-08-2013, 01:23 AM   #583
Veteran Member

I pre-ordered the SE version from SRS Microsystems, but with only 2,000 units being produced, I hope I wasn't too late. Just in case, I'm not getting my hopes up. The black version would be great, too!
10-08-2013, 01:46 AM   #584
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
I pre-ordered the SE version from SRS Microsystems, but with only 2,000 units being produced, I hope I wasn't too late. Just in case, I'm not getting my hopes up. The black version would be great, too!
I wondered about buying that from SRS, but decided not to. So I am not competing with you for one, and I hope you get what you want.

I think that silver version will become a collector's item in future. But I don't look after my cameras very well, and get rid of them eventually anyway, so I fell back on habit and pre-ordered a black version.
10-08-2013, 02:25 AM   #585
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote
I think that silver version will become a collector's item in future. But I don't look after my cameras very well, and get rid of them eventually anyway, so I fell back on habit and pre-ordered a black version.
I think you're right, so I shall very probably be getting a black version as well. If I do manage to get the silver one, I think I'll be very sparing with its use. Ok, that's not the point of a camera, but I collect them as well.