Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 103 Likes Search this Thread
10-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #601

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
That's what Thom Hogan called it

maybe he's desperate too with nikon not upgrading the D300S.

10-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #602
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by vboy Quote
maybe he's desperate too with nikon not upgrading the D300S.
Not desperate, as such, but he does strongly feel that Nikon should have brought out a D400 as a professional grade APS-C body. You only have to read Nikon forums to see how people are clamouring for one. It's as prevalent there as the FF posts are here. Personally, I hope Pentax can grab a little of that market.
10-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #603
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ledohung Quote
For some reason I don't know why they emailed me and said that my address is not available for preorder from Pentaxwebstore. I think they know the price is wrong then fix it then email me like that. So I just ordered again from BHphoto, so excited to have in on hand in the middle of November

Does anyone order K3 Silver + Grip from Pentaxwebstore with $1499 but get cancel email from them?
i tried many times but the website says "this item is not available through pentax webstore" if they put a wrong price and then cancel on people... that is dishonest... they should honor the price on the site... the $100 extra is annoying me now, I was ready to buy it for 1500... how quickly you think they go? not sure if i can even get one! but i will be happy with a normal k-3 too ^^ i just think silver edition is nice... i checked pentax official site, there it says this item only available through japanese website... i check japanese website, there silver edition cost $1785... almost 200 more than American store
10-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #604
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I surmise Pentax allocated all or nearly all the silver units earmarked for the US market (probably 200 or fewer) to B&H and Adorama and maybe held back a few for new Dealers. The Webstore is a third-party Dealer operating as Pentax - it isn't actually Pentax - so I surmise they got none or maybe just a few.

I don't think they've made another pricing error. If they really don't have it then I surmise they've sold out their allocation.

10-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #605
Forum Member

oh... too bad... I don't want to pay 1800 through japanese store... maybe i will get the black version...
10-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #606
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cream Quote
i tried many times but the website says "this item is not available through pentax webstore" if they put a wrong price and then cancel on people... that is dishonest... they should honor the price on the site... the $100 extra is annoying me now, I was ready to buy it for 1500... how quickly you think they go? not sure if i can even get one! but i will be happy with a normal k-3 too ^^ i just think silver edition is nice... i checked pentax official site, there it says this item only available through japanese website... i check japanese website, there silver edition cost $1785... almost 200 more than American store
I never have the address issue before because the address is just that, how can I have a problem with that? They tell me to ash the bank or call them to check the address information but then I feel this is not good as I ordered from BH or Adorama, then I haven't called them and already order from BH. Today I check on Pentaxwebstore and the price is now change to $1599.

I just hope that they really get problem, unless their honest will not be respected

By the way, I think either black or silver is nice, I have FA* 24, 31, 43, and 77 so I want to have the Silver . If you have all Silver Ltd, I bet you want to buy K3 Silver more than that , but $1785 is crazy, I won't buy it though
10-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #607
Forum Member

I never have the address issue before because the address is just that, how can I have a problem with that? They tell me to ash the bank or call them to check the address information but then I feel this is not good as I ordered from BH or Adorama, then I haven't called them and already order from BH. Today I check on Pentaxwebstore and the price is now change to $1599.

I just hope that they really get problem, unless their honest will not be respected

By the way, I think either black or silver is nice, I have FA* 24, 31, 43, and 77 so I want to have the Silver . If you have all Silver Ltd, I bet you want to buy K3 Silver more than that , but $1785 is crazy, I won't buy it though
yes I agree ^^ I have decided to buy the black version. Too much money to waste for color... I don't have silver lenses yet, I could have bought them for the silver version but now I can buy regular lenses... better ^^ black lens on silver would maybe look not so good. I want to use many manual lenses... all black. so maybe silver was not a smart idea. edit: i will use adorama or bh... I don't want to use pentaxwebstore. you say they changed the price, I don't like dishonest business... edit2: is there a problem to order from bh or adorama? I am not american... different continent. do you need a credit card? does wire transfer work? (if you can transfer fast enough... i don't know how fast wire transfer is from one continent to another even if you pay extra...) if I don't have CC do I just have to wait for when they have it in stock?

10-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #608
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

yes I agree ^^ I have decided to buy the black version. Too much money to waste for color... I don't have silver lenses yet, I could have bought them for the silver version but now I can buy regular lenses... better ^^ black lens on silver would maybe look not so good. I want to use many manual lenses... all black. so maybe silver was not a smart idea. edit: i will use adorama or bh... I don't want to use pentaxwebstore. you say they changed the price, I don't like dishonest business... edit2: is there a problem to order from bh or adorama? I am not american... different continent. do you need a credit card? does wire transfer work? (if you can transfer fast enough... i don't know how fast wire transfer is from one continent to another even if you pay extra...) if I don't have CC do I just have to wait for when they have it in stock?
Yeah because I like FA Silver a lot and I want the Silver body. I don't know why but whenever I hold my Silver camera with my Silver FA Ltd, I always have passion to take pictures lol, it's difficult to describe :P. You have all black lenses so that would be better to have black camera. I never preorder the camera before but this K3 is so tempted to me, I have to sell other lenses to afford it, I hope it will worth it. There's a lot people out there complain about Pentax lacks of FF camera (include me) but I take a serious look on FF and Crop again then I realize that:
- The most significant different between FF and APS-C now is DOF, that will be always the difference due to its sensor
- Like my friend said, with the development of technology, the gap between FF and APS-C now narrowed down more and more, DR, ISO with reduce noise software, color, sharpness, AA filter... will be not much difference.
- Of course every one wants to afford FF but price is still high for most people. Moreover, I think DOF will be considered seriously if you take portrait much more than landscape. If someones prefer wide, they can buy 8mm or 10mm or 15mm lens. Of course some one likes super wide will take FF

Anyway, I buy K3 because I like the camera with a lot of technology and improvement, I see Ricoh works very hard to make this, and if you search on the Internet about K3 now, there is a lot of website mention about it =>That's show what they did with marketing, I am glad that.

Let's see when we have the camera on hand

P/S: 2 days ago I preorder from BHphoto on my laptop and it said I have problem with my address for no reason, so weird, then I order on Pentaxwebstore as I mentioned, then I got email about address and credit card issue. So when I come back home, I log into BH through my phone, and I preorder from BH successfuly, I don't know why. By the way, you can click on notify when in stock button then you can get email about it , I have no idea about transfer money, I am sorry
10-10-2013, 01:32 AM   #609

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
Not desperate, as such, but he does strongly feel that Nikon should have brought out a D400 as a professional grade APS-C body. You only have to read Nikon forums to see how people are clamouring for one. It's as prevalent there as the FF posts are here. Personally, I hope Pentax can grab a little of that market.

now i know him....lol... he's a nikon guy.. i think,he's a lil biased being a nikon die-hard...i am a nikonAX hehehehhe....peace to all of you.
10-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #610
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I spotted this cool looking leather strap on the "limited" K3:

Last edited by jpzk; 08-30-2015 at 07:12 PM.
10-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #611
Forum Member

Yeah because I like FA Silver a lot and I want the Silver body. I don't know why but whenever I hold my Silver camera with my Silver FA Ltd, I always have passion to take pictures lol, it's difficult to describe :P. You have all black lenses so that would be better to have black camera. I never preorder the camera before but this K3 is so tempted to me, I have to sell other lenses to afford it, I hope it will worth it. There's a lot people out there complain about Pentax lacks of FF camera (include me) but I take a serious look on FF and Crop again then I realize that:
- The most significant different between FF and APS-C now is DOF, that will be always the difference due to its sensor
- Like my friend said, with the development of technology, the gap between FF and APS-C now narrowed down more and more, DR, ISO with reduce noise software, color, sharpness, AA filter... will be not much difference.
- Of course every one wants to afford FF but price is still high for most people. Moreover, I think DOF will be considered seriously if you take portrait much more than landscape. If someones prefer wide, they can buy 8mm or 10mm or 15mm lens. Of course some one likes super wide will take FF

Anyway, I buy K3 because I like the camera with a lot of technology and improvement, I see Ricoh works very hard to make this, and if you search on the Internet about K3 now, there is a lot of website mention about it =>That's show what they did with marketing, I am glad that.

Let's see when we have the camera on hand

P/S: 2 days ago I preorder from BHphoto on my laptop and it said I have problem with my address for no reason, so weird, then I order on Pentaxwebstore as I mentioned, then I got email about address and credit card issue. So when I come back home, I log into BH through my phone, and I preorder from BH successfuly, I don't know why. By the way, you can click on notify when in stock button then you can get email about it , I have no idea about transfer money, I am sorry
thank you ^^ i checked, they take paypal or credit card... now i am trying to decide if i preorder or buy when it is in stock... do you think you can't maybe get one the first week or so if you don't preorder? will they all be gone? i only wanted to preorder because of the silver, now i don't get the silver so i don know if preorder is any good. someone said the price will drop after launch, but i am buying it the first week of the launch (cannot wait for longer) so maybe price don drop in that time i wonder if i can get it more locally, but i haven't seen any store here advertise it yet...
10-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #612
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

thank you ^^ i checked, they take paypal or credit card... now i am trying to decide if i preorder or buy when it is in stock... do you think you can't maybe get one the first week or so if you don't preorder? will they all be gone? i only wanted to preorder because of the silver, now i don't get the silver so i don know if preorder is any good. someone said the price will drop after launch, but i am buying it the first week of the launch (cannot wait for longer) so maybe price don drop in that time i wonder if i can get it more locally, but i haven't seen any store here advertise it yet...
Actually I haven't called back the Pentaxwebstore yet so I might still have my silver version there I don't know. If you really want the Silver now, I think you can call them and tell them that you are my friend and you verify your card and address, do you think they can fix it and allow you to order?
10-11-2013, 05:06 AM   #613
Forum Member

Actually I haven't called back the Pentaxwebstore yet so I might still have my silver version there I don't know. If you really want the Silver now, I think you can call them and tell them that you are my friend and you verify your card and address, do you think they can fix it and allow you to order?
i have never had a limited camera, collector's item... it is a nice idea! my card? I have no credit card... I never use credit... i have no debt... just money you mean call bhphoto or pentaxwebstore? I don know if i want to call pentaxwebstore like i said... i don like dishonest business... but if it means i can have a silver, maybe i will... ^^ i really like the idea of having one... if they never produce more...
10-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #614
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I spotted this cool looking leather strap on the "limited" K3:
I noticed it as well..... VERY nice and I might buy one if they offered it. I also stumbled onto this interesting pentax strap...
Pentax DSLR Leather Hand Strap 85101 B&H Photo Video
10-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #615
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
I noticed it as well..... VERY nice and I might buy one if they offered it. I also stumbled onto this interesting pentax strap...
Pentax DSLR Leather Hand Strap 85101 B&H Photo Video
that is very useful!