Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
10-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #151
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Someone said the K-3 Silver will only be sold with a grip? IMO the K-3 Silver would look better with a black grip.

10-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #152
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Someone said the K-3 Silver will only be sold with a grip? IMO the K-3 Silver would look better with a black grip.
It's a bundle; Limited Silver Edition K-3 comes with grip and a special leather strap.
10-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #153

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
I think you are misunderstanding. The point I was making is that only if both are painted can the metal and plastic parts have the same matched metallic look. Ergo, even the metal parts are painted rather than bare metal.
Ok, I see what you are saying. I'm not sure what treatment does the magnesium goes thru to get that look, if it's actually paint or just some kind of finish look, but I have just scratched over a scratch (at the bottom plate) and it's shiny metal down there. The flash cover does have one small scratch and it looks like black plastic under the paint.
I'm trying to take picture of it.
10-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #154

I'm disappointed that once again the silver option is a "limited edition" and that I'll have to buy a handgrip that I don't want to get it. If every other camera in the range is always available in multiple colours is it too much to ask that the top of the range is available in two colours? Why go to the bother of releasing your new HD limiteds in silver if there are only 2000 bodies to match them? I had hoped that this aspect of Pentax marketing would improve under Ricoh.

10-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #155
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
It's a bundle; Limited Silver Edition K-3 comes with grip and a special leather strap.
Well I don't like the grip, but it's a bundle, so I have to think about that. On the other hand this energy absorber (probably the PRIME III) could use the extra power.
10-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #156
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well I don't like the grip, but it's a bundle, so I have to think about that. On the other hand this energy absorber (probably the PRIME III) could use the extra power.
And if you use the FLU card, that Wi-Fi hotspot will need the extra juice.

10-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #157
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
The new processor is supposed to be twice as powerful, and to consume half the power than its predecessor...

10-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #158
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul Ewins Quote
I'm disappointed that once again the silver option is a "limited edition" and that I'll have to buy a handgrip that I don't want to get it. If every other camera in the range is always available in multiple colours is it too much to ask that the top of the range is available in two colours? Why go to the bother of releasing your new HD limiteds in silver if there are only 2000 bodies to match them? I had hoped that this aspect of Pentax marketing would improve under Ricoh.
Because K-3 isn't the only body in the forthcoming lineup!
Note that this is the advanced enthusiast model — clearly stated in K-3 marketing material.
There is still a pro-body to come, and also another one, below the K-3, that will be two-toned as an outright option.

Additionally, K-3 in silver/black "limited option" may be limited just for now. If there's demand, who knows ...
10-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #159
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Note that this is the advanced enthusiast model — clearly stated in K-3 marketing material.
There is still a pro-body to come, and also another one, below the K-3, that will be two-toned as an outright option.

Additionally, K-3 in silver/black "limited option" may be limited just for now. If there's demand, who knows ...
Uluru, what's the time frame on the 2 other bodies?
Thanks
10-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #160

Is that speculation or knowledge? I would have thought that the K5-II would remain as the model below while a pro body would be either a 645D2 or the (so far) mythical K1 FF.

I like a lot of the upgrades in the K-3 but none of them are a killer feature that would make me upgrade from my K-5. Throw in the silver option as well and I'm getting interested. Unfortunately the grip is of no use to me as I don't need the extra battery life and prefer a smaller camera anyway (blame the MX for that). I'd just prefer to take my time to evaluate the K-3 rather than rush into buying it just so I can get the "limited edition" silver.
10-07-2013, 06:49 PM - 1 Like   #161
Pentaxian

I have a cunning plan.

I recently commented on another thread that a friend of mine is giving me his ZX-M, I should have it sometime this week.

I know you can see where I am going with this

If suddenly that camera turned into the silver K-3 (with lens attached you can't see the mount color) - would the wife notice?
10-07-2013, 07:54 PM - 1 Like   #162
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PBandJ Quote
Uluru, what's the time frame on the 2 other bodies?
Thanks
Santa sometimes comes in January too
10-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #163
Pentaxian

Santa sometimes comes in January too
If the pro body really will be announced that soon then I may just wait for that model if the price difference ends up being only $400-$600 more. Either way it doesn't really hurt to wait a bit.
10-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #164
Veteran Member

Call me mad, but I've just pre-ordered the SE version. Anybody else taken the plunge yet?
10-08-2013, 12:32 AM   #165
Veteran Member

Saved by Brake Failure!

My brakes failed today and saved me from buying one of these cameras..

$800 gone from my savings for repairs. I was intending to sell off a Nikon 300mm and all of my Pentax gear to finish of my D800E kit with a decent telephoto but this K-3 has been very tempting. I'm not all that rational when it comes to cameras and so there was a danger of hitting Buy Now on CRK's Pentax Store, but the need to have a working car put paid to that fantasy.