QuoteOriginally posted by tohax Quote
nikon D7100 with the same 24MP sensor does 10fps
moot point, D7100 high ISO performance is LAME

10-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
According to the DPreview review it does 6....
Nikon D7100 In-Depth Review: Digital Photography Review

And in RAW only for 6 frames...
10-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #63
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Drake Avenue Quote
Focus peaking? pretty please?
what a viewfinder with focus peaking. something like hybrid viewfinder. it will be very nice for macro shooting.
10-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Drake Avenue Quote
Focus peaking? pretty please?
QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
I hope so! Taking this feature out would almost break their marketing play of the past that you can cleanly and easily use legacy glass.
QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
^ I would be shocked if the K-3 doesn't have focus peaking - I would have thought this was a firmware issue rather than being hardwired into the processor
what a viewfinder with focus peaking. something like hybrid viewfinder. it will be very nice for macro shooting.
Definitely included but in live view and video modes only (on the rear LCD, not in the viewfinder).

10-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #65
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Back again.....Can someone explain this to me? What is a photometric sensor and how does this relate to better AF? Try to explain it in terms that would be understandable to a squirrel brain...if possible? Not that I have a squirrel brain, Otis constantly reminds me I am not that advanced, but I am pretty close!

Regards & Thanks in advance!
The photometric sensor is the sensor that measures illumination to decide on exposure. Being colour-sensitive means that it "sees" the colours and not only the luminance (i.e. in black and white) like past systems.

As already explained in answer #10 to this thread:

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
(...) Being colour-sensitive, the tracking system will avoid to change target when something else suddenly crosses the detection area of the AF point locked on the target.
You are photographing a soccer match. Your son is dressed in blue. You are following him, shutter half pressed, waiting for the best moment to shoot. Suddenly a guy in red enters in your framework and his trajectory crosses that of your son. With a conventional system there is a chance that the tracking shifts from you son to the other guy and your son gets blurred when you press the shutter. With the K-3 system, there is no such risk.
10-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #66
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cheekygeek Quote
If you want to know how the image processor stuff is possible please read my post (and the links contained therein) for what Pentax calls the PRIME III image processor (Fujitsu Milbeaut version 7): https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/236082-new-processor-p...ml#post2527123

It is this that makes the high frame rate, HDR, software anti-alias (etc) possible. The SR system is for SR (and on earlier versions AstroTrack with the O-GPS1). I'm curious as to whether the K-3 will be compatible with that accessory.

the new Fujitsu Milbeaut 7 has maximum image processing speed equivalent to 12fps at 24M pixels.
Pentax seems to take a more conservative way by limitting it to only 8.3fps.
10-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Definitely included but in live view and video modes only (on the rear LCD, not in the viewfinder).
Yes, we've had no indication that the K-3 has a full on hybrid OVF/EVF.

10-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #68
Veteran Member

the new Fujitsu Milbeaut 7 has maximum image processing speed equivalent to 12fps at 24M pixels.
Pentax seems to take a more conservative way by limitting it to only 8.3fps.
This is probably a compromise between what the processor is capable of and the cost of the RAM required to have a decent buffer.
10-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #69
Veteran Member

the focussing of a camera relates to some extend on the average light color. There were complaints that in reddish low light conditions the K series take unsharp pictures. With the light temperature known, this can be compensated. All cameras have this problem - more or less
10-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #70
Pentaxian

The fps performance of the D7100 is a profound disappointment on an otherwise great camera.
10-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #71
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Big Dave Quote
I'm looking forward to the drop in K5 II prices upon release.
Dream on, as the K-3 is not meant as a K-5 II replacement. The K-3 will be the absolute top model while the K-5 will be placed just below. Finally a proper 3-tier line-up (K-500/K-50, K-5, K-3 in Pentax land!
10-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #72
Pentaxian

A picture to adorn this thread on the News and Rumours page:
10-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #73
Pentaxian

The photometric sensor is the sensor that measures illumination to decide on exposure. Being colour-sensitive means that it "sees" the colours and not only the luminance (i.e. in black and white) like past systems.

As already explained in answer #10 to this thread:

You are photographing a soccer match. Your son is dressed in blue. You are following him, shutter half pressed, waiting for the best moment to shoot. Suddenly a guy in red enters in your framework and his trajectory crosses that of your son. With a conventional system there is a chance that the tracking shifts from you son to the other guy and your son gets blurred when you press the shutter. With the K-3 system, there is no such risk.
Also, you could have a multicolored scene with sharp contrast lines between colors, but when changed to grey become low contrast. As you say this will help with tracking. A bird flying against the sky is never an issue other than speed and following, but flying against a treed background is a challenge. Usually the focus mechanism finds the background.
10-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #74
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Dream on, as the K-3 is not meant as a K-5 II replacement. The K-3 will be the absolute top model while the K-5 will be placed just below. Finally a proper 3-tier line-up (K-500/K-50, K-5, K-3 in Pentax land!
Is there going to be a new K5 iteration?
10-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #75
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
This is probably a compromise between what the processor is capable of and the cost of the RAM required to have a decent buffer.
The physical mirror and shutter movements that would be a limit as well.