Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 55 Likes Search this Thread
10-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by goubejp Quote
I'm impatien to stick this unit to my beloved FA*600 f4; what an improvement for birding !
Oh you lucky lucky ba....... !

10-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmmm ...... So this Flucard is not made specifically for Pentax. So why would they bother to boast about it? Isn't Eye-Fi the same thing?

What's the possibility that there's a special model for Pentax that allows for tethered (technically, un-tethered) shooting and remote monitor? Now that would be interesting.
10-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the biggest question now...

isn't the price but availability in shops... and solid marketing
10-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #34

Tom

Thats the same question i am asking myself.

It seems to have the same functionability liek the eye-Fi and you can connect your eye fi to your smartphone for years....

Thought it might implicate some kind of thetering

But looks very good non the less

10-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #35
Forum Member

I hope for tethering too.....
10-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Flucard implementation is interesting. Pentax has always expressed interest in tethering being handled by a third party. Flucard seems to have not impressed early on, but hopefully their latest incarnations have improved things (and perhaps Pentax has cooperated with Flucard in making their product work especially well with Pentax offerings <- pure speculation).

Here is a recent review:
Flucard Pro Review

You can buy the apps for the features you are interested in: (tethering, Flickr/Picasa interoperability, geotagging, etc.). Interesting if it works as advertised. With these sort of solutions there is always an impact on battery life, however.
10-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Whoah! I wanna see people complain about these specs now then!
Its not full frame. :P

Actually I'm pretty excited about this camera. I can't wait to see what IQ is like!

10-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #38

havent found a FluCard App which allows tethering......

So its seems to have to same ( a little bit less) functionalbility that eye-fi but you have to buy the software seperatly
10-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #39
Veteran Member

In the field of photojournalism, especially during low-light and fast-phase coverage, these specifications (if it's true) would really help a lot especially on the AF part...
10-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #40
Veteran Member

The K-5 II/IIs SAFOX X AF is like a light-year away from the SAFOX VIII of my K-x... if this revamped AF system does what I think it can, well, I must say, nice job Ricoh

and yeah looks like a lot of improvements on paper at least. I wonder why the need for a headphone jack though, it would've probably seen more use in a K-01 successor... which probably won't come out any time soon.
10-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Looking better by the minute

asahi manRegular Member • Posts: 311

Model Mike wrote:
Pentax's problem is that the K-5 II/IIs is so darned good that incremental increases in real world quality are going to be difficult to find, given that the camera is but one link (albeit in an important one) in the pipeline from concept to print. These days upgrading your camera body is no longer the automatic choice for investing your cash if your aim is to improve as a photographer - courses, PP'ing software, joining a club etc. are better alternatives. I mean, does anyone really miss not having two SD card slots?

-- show signature --
K-5IIs was damn good in sensorpower,the 3 is also damn good in this,with more resolution and a damn good autofocus.

asahimans reply: quick,intelligent and lowlightpowerfull in the highest ranges,you will see.
Today the updates are starting with firmware 1.0.

Re: Latest update
In reply to solarider, 21 min ago
JeffAHayes wrote:

If the 200,000 shutter cycle is true, that will put the K-3 in FF territory as far as shutter-cycle reliability is concerned (at least according to the comparison article posted in the latest issue of Digital PhotoPro magazine). It shows one Canon and a couple of Nikon -- including the D7100 -- at 150,000 cycles, plus a couple Sonys and an Olympus (I'm certain they didn't list every camera on the market -- just those they considered "contenders." There's no Panasonic of Fujis in their comparison, at all, for instance, but they DO list ALL FOUR current Pentax DSLRs!), in APS-C, but NO APS-C cameras with 200,000 cycles, which is what the Nikon D800/E and Sony SLT-A99 rated at. All the other FF cameras in their comparison chart were also rated only for 100,000 or 150,000 except for the TOL Canon EOS-1D X and the Nikon D4, both rated at 400,000 cycles, but both also $6,000 or more.

In OTHER WORDS, it's just POSSIBLE, if these rumors prove true, that Ricoh/Pentax may have done what we've been hoping and made THE BEST APS-C camera on the market! We can hope!

Jeff

-- show signature --
asahiman's reply: All true and missed a lot,still....but Tuesday is THE day and we see all facts and new stuff.
I want this!!! new autofocus,quick!!!

asahi manRegular Member • Posts: 311

asahi man
Regular Member • Posts: 311
Like?
Re: More leaks about K3 specifications
In reply to Dale108, 51 min ago
Dale108 wrote:

I like the smart phone functionality as that is a must right now. It would be cool to instantly download a picture to an iPad or better yet, control the camera from the iPad.

Dale

asahimans reply: And it is for full remote controll via pc and mobilephone.
10-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #42

Congratulations Pentax!
Well, of course we have to wait for the official confirmation, and above all for real world experience and testing, but practically everything about this camera looks great.
I was not going to buy this camera! I can't buy four cameras in one year.
10-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tom1803 Quote
Hmmm ...... So this Flucard is not made specifically for Pentax. So why would they bother to boast about it? Isn't Eye-Fi the same thing?

What's the possibility that there's a special model for Pentax that allows for tethered (technically, un-tethered) shooting and remote monitor? Now that would be interesting.
With Flu-card you enable Geotagging of pictures on the card using GPS from your phone. As well as it provides a wifi connection to view the pictures on the tablet.

I think that is a clever use of the phone functions as a complementary tool to the camera. This way they don't spend resources on implementing functions already available anyway.
10-06-2013, 10:06 AM - 1 Like   #44
Veteran Member

It has everything I needed for pre-order; more pixels for cropping, improved AF & tracking. Anything else is gravy.
10-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Sounds good. I would however like to see real world low-light samples first.