Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I'm not sure I understand the need for this. 24MP APS-C shouldn't have much of a problem. I haven't seen moire problems with the K-5IIs.

Are people who have the K-5IIs experiencing problems?

I understand the possibility of stacking images and using SR to shift the sensor, but I'm a little leery of the reliability and usability.
I agree, but the feature like this might just be another way of advertising the advantage of sensor shift.
Using it or not is not important as long you have the option to choose.

Shaking the sensor during exposure is probably not very hard to implement, except for very fast shutter speeds.

10-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #92

Photos: Gallery
Are people who have the K-5IIs experiencing problems?
Nope.
10-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #93
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Still wonder what the ISO range will be, or if there have been any rumors to what that will be.
10-06-2013, 12:46 PM - 3 Likes   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by valentim99 Quote
NO Tilting and Swivel LCD Screen ....once again !!!????Ok not for me I will pass that one again....and I don`t care what people says here ,to many times where I really missed a tilting LCD Screen ...
I usually don't bother answering this sort of non-sense post but ...

Just go away !

JP

10-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #95
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
I'm excited by the SR possibilities - an AA filter is a fantastic idea. I wonder it's limitations...

If I had to guess, they'd just induce some extra sensor compensation motion to give an approximation to a filter - hence the "weak" ans "strong" modes.
(...)
The K-3 SR-related antimoiré feature in non-marketing words: provoke some (controlled) motion-induced blur to avoid moiré.

In the same vein, Nikon used to suggest to slightly defocus to avoid moiré with the D800e.
10-06-2013, 12:51 PM - 1 Like   #96

Wait- what? First, you remove the AA filter for sharper photos but add blur back using SR? Seems like a dog chasing its tail.
10-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #97
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goubejp Quote
I'm impatien to stick this unit to my beloved FA*600 f4; what an improvement for birding !
+1 !
Unforeseen and unbudgetted expense to come...

10-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #98
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is why I am a little suspect of the rumor that the new camera has SR based AA control. If its not a problem at 16MP, then why would we need it for 24MP? IT doesn't make any sense. Just take the AA filter off. Software is getting good enough to deal with it that there is no reason to design a complicated (one more thing to go wrong) system to deal with a non-problem.
You can't deal with this in software properly. Information is lost and there is no software in the world who can restore that. There are software to make it more difficult to see the moire pattern, but the details in the image which is destroyed by this moire pattern is lost forever.
10-06-2013, 12:53 PM - 1 Like   #99
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ayoh Quote
- 24 million pixel APS-C sensor,
- Low-pass filter effect based on SR system actuation (The effect selectable: strong, weak, OFF)
- Astro tracer support(?)
- New AF unit SAFOX11. -3EV Supports. AF to take advantage of the color information of the photometric sensor
- the focus point of the AF three points (25 cross point), center point 27 on the light of the corresponding F2.8
- The continuous shooting 8.3 frames / second
- Media SD card (SDXC , UHS-I compatible), dual slot
- can save in RAW format HDR
- newly developed viewfinder, redesigned optical system -. 100% field of view, 0.95x magnification
- body adopts a magnesium alloy up and down and back and forth. Dustproof drip-proof. Cold performance of -10 ° C.
- 200 000 cycle shutter durability
- can work with smart phone i
- battery grip D-BG5

Source: ??????K-3??????? - ????info

AF, RAW HDR and SR based AA filter sound interesting
WHat??? aps-c and 24mp? and you guys are happy? come oN!! this is ed up! and what to do the 8.3 frames when at the same time Pentax focus speed is below average versus other cameras of Nikon and Canon... and APS-C? again? i find no reason to upgrade from my K-5... disappointed...
10-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #100
Pentaxian

You should read more and calm yourself...
And wait for a few other monthes....
10-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #101
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
You can't deal with this in software properly. Information is lost and there is no software in the world who can restore that. There are software to make it more difficult to see the moire pattern, but the details in the image which is destroyed by this moire pattern is lost forever.
There seem to be quite a few people who are happy with LR's moire removal tool, and not a lot of people are moire problems to begin with.
10-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #102
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by scole Quote
Wait- what? First, you remove the AA filter for sharper photos but add blur back using SR? Seems like a dog chasing its tail.
You only add a tad of blur to photographs with repetitive patterns susceptible to generate moiré (hence the three possibilities high / low / off). In more than 99 per cent. of the situations you take advantage of the increase in sharpness allowed by the removal of the anti-aliasing filter (which can itself be seen as a hardware mean to add blur).

it's not that different from reducing noise at high ISO to the expense of fine details.
10-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #103

If all this is true, and it has the level of quality and refinement we've seen Pentax/Ricoh is capable of, I think we could see the finest aps-c stills camera ever created. I wonder about this SR AA effect and if it will be useful in video. If so, and depending on how the sensor is subsampled, this has a real and unknown possibility to be the finest video dslr ever created as well.

(I think all the video haters, who are likely getting everything they want with this camera, complaining about others also getting what they want is just silly. XD :shake head: :roll eyes: children will be children.)
10-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #104
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by scole Quote
Ern, it gives you the option to use SR as a blur filter. Not that it uses it all the time. Normally you are shooting unfiltered. If you come across a scene which generates moire, you turn on this option and tada - you are fine.

Regardless of how low the chance to generate moire, having the option to blur automatically to similate a AA filter is a good option to have.
10-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #105
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
+1 !
Unforeseen and unbudgeted expense to come...
The acquisition of a second-hand FA* 600mm f/4 to pair with K-3?