Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #196
Veteran Member

In the Australian calendar Tuesday is called Monday. Monday here is known as "Sickie-day".

10-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #197
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What is the Purpose of the headphone jack if you can't adjust the recording volume?
10-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #198
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
It's ok - cause Monday is a Public Holiday here in Australia... so people aren't quite thinking straight :P
Hmm. It's Monday here in Tasmania, which was a part of Australia the last time I looked, and it isn't even a holiday, let alone Pentax Australia announcement day…

On the other hand, unless they meant Wednesday the 8th of October (and were still out if time), we'll get the news before those East of the International Date Line. Of course, they could have been talking about 2014, in which case we'd all be a little disconsolate (except for those whinging about it).
10-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #199
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Are people who have the K-5IIs experiencing problems?
Yes, I have problems matching my mediocre skill set with the camera's awesome performance...

on a serious note, moire problems are negligible. Only a handful of occasions when I did some work for a brochure of clothing. Fixed in LR in no time too, it wasn't like "that bad"

10-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #200
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Hmm. It's Monday here in Tasmania, which was a part of Australia the last time I looked, and it isn't even a holiday, let alone Pentax Australia announcement day…

On the other hand, unless they meant Wednesday the 8th of October (and were still out if time), we'll get the news before those East of the International Date Line. Of course, they could have been talking about 2014, in which case we'd all be a little disconsolate (except for those whinging about it).
Yea, you weirdos have Labour day in March...
10-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #201
Veteran Member

Unless that announcement is for next year ....

Today is Monday 7 October 2013.

If the announcement is meant for Tuesday (US Time) we won'rt get in till Wednesday morning (our time)
10-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #202
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yea, you weirdos have Labour day in March...
Spoken like a true Sydneysider...

10-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #203

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Well it's 11:28am Monday 7 here in South Australia... I guess we'll have to wait an extra day for the announcement
Actually, seeing you have a D800 and K-5, do you mind posting or sending me a high ISO comparison between the two at 3200 and 6400? Ideally some night photography shots of stars as that's what I'm after. The main reason I want to upgrade is the high ISO performance and hopefully the K-3 can close the gap between APS-C and FF...
10-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #204
Veteran Member

I'll try to do that tomorrow.
10-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #205
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dosdan Quote
can't see that happening, as it it determined by the sensor's qe, fill-factor, aa filter & bayer cfa transmittance/selectivity. The k-5/d7000 has about 46%-48% qe. Max. Seems to be about 60% with current technology according to sensorgen.info. The domain expired, but here's an archived version:

sensorgen - digital camera sensor data

i think the nikon p330's qe of 75% could be a measurement funny, unless it has wonder filters in it's cfa that one else uses.

At second glace, the p330 has a bsi sensor. It would be hard to implement bsi in an aps-c sized sensor.

Dan.

lol :d
10-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #206
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dosdan Quote
There are lots of ways that the potential hinted at in the specs could be undone through manufacturing QC issues. High-res open-loop AF systems require great precision in the camera body & lens manufacture, alignment & adjustment in the factory. (Just look at the AF array tilt issue Nikon had with the inital D800.)

So the leaks are interesting, but I'll definitely wait to see how well the design has been implemented and the sophistication of the algorithms in the tracking AF, if indeed the K-3 has this.

Dan.

Classic!!!!
10-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #207
Veteran Member

Pentax Australia - Product Announcement

This email was just sent out to Pentax Australia subscribers

HAHA - they can't even use a calender. Monday is the 7th not 8th
10-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #208

Missed Japanese Translation Items from Digicame-Info

Forgot to list a few points from the referred Japanese website:
-Newly developed PRIME III for image processing.
-Newly developed in Body Shake controller unit
-Supports Astro Tracer (Option) ??????????GPS UNIT O-GPS1 | RICOH IMAGING
-Works with smartphone with optional FLUCARD. :::: Flucard pro ::::
-Body Color: Black and Premium Silver Edition

QuoteOriginally posted by Ayoh Quote
- 24 million pixel APS-C sensor,
- Low-pass filter effect based on SR system actuation (The effect selectable: strong, weak, OFF)
- Astro tracer support(?)
- New AF unit SAFOX11. -3EV Supports. AF to take advantage of the color information of the photometric sensor
- the focus point of the AF three points (25 cross point), center point 27 on the light of the corresponding F2.8
- The continuous shooting 8.3 frames / second
- Media SD card (SDXC , UHS-I compatible), dual slot
- can save in RAW format HDR
- newly developed viewfinder, redesigned optical system -. 100% field of view, 0.95x magnification
- body adopts a magnesium alloy up and down and back and forth. Dustproof drip-proof. Cold performance of -10 ° C.
- 200 000 cycle shutter durability
- can work with smart phone i
- battery grip D-BG5

Source: ??????K-3??????? - ????info

AF, RAW HDR and SR based AA filter sound interesting
10-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #209
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by catastrophe Quote
Actually, seeing you have a D800 and K-5, do you mind posting or sending me a high ISO comparison between the two at 3200 and 6400? Ideally some night photography shots of stars as that's what I'm after. The main reason I want to upgrade is the high ISO performance and hopefully the K-3 can close the gap between APS-C and FF...

"Imaging resource" and "DpReview" can show you the relevant comparisons at all ISO values.
10-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #210
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
"Imaging resource" and "DpReview" can show you the relevant comparisons at all ISO values.
Thanks you just saved me some work.

The only comment I'll make is that DPR doesn't show you the lovely pink Amp Glow the D800 suffers from.