Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2013, 03:19 AM   #241
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
It does use a different sensor, unlike the two versions of the K5 which use the same sensor and it looks to me like Ricoh has really invested in R and D for this camera, unlike Hoya. I just don't think people realize how bare the cupboard was when Ricoh took over and that they have been building from the ground up.

I am very pleased with what Ricoh has done. They have carefully filled in the APS-C line up -- K500, K50, K5 II and now the K3. They also have better tech available to them. All of this is the ground work that is necessary to launch a full frame camera. What I see here is that Ricoh does there homework, looks at the market carefully and then launches well refined products that match up well against the competition. This is a winning strategy over time.
Yup, an FF would be a complete waste of time without a new AF system and a new imaging system, to name only two aspects. The K3 shows that Ricoh have put in the R&D and so laid the groundwork for any FF and for future APS-C cameras derived from the tech in the K3. Obviously we don't know how the K3 will check out in practice and when all the specs are revealed, but from the news so far it sounds a darn fine camera.

10-07-2013, 03:34 AM   #242
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

---------

Last edited by Ironwolf50; 10-07-2013 at 03:35 AM. Reason: irrelevent
10-07-2013, 03:47 AM   #243
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
. Obviously we don't know how the K3 will check out in practice and when all the specs are revealed, but from the news so far it sounds a darn fine camera.
This Australian knows. The new camera will blow people's pants off.
I'm not exagerrating. See for yourself, tomorrow, 9am Melbourne time.
The K-3 has arrived in Melbourne a week ago, it's on the streets, tomorrow in news, and in the afternoon, ready to be officially played with if you're around.
10-07-2013, 03:52 AM   #244
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
The K-3 has arrived in Melbourne a week ago, it's on the streets, tomorrow in news, and in the afternoon, ready to be officially played with if you're around.
Do you have more specific information about "where"? Please don't say "Melbourne".

10-07-2013, 04:15 AM   #245

You seem to know a lot of insider info on the K-3. Have you actually played around with one? I hope it's what you say is true that it'll blow everyone's pants off (hopefully even better DR than K-5 and better high ISO performance)
10-07-2013, 04:23 AM   #246
Veteran Member

More info at:
PENTAX - K-3_
10-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #247
Veteran Member

These specs are absolutely fabulous, no doubt about that! But where is the rumored big surprise feature that was left in the dark? Still to come? Or are we less surprised by it then the rumor posters expected?

10-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #248
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
These specs are absolutely fabulous, no doubt about that! But where is the rumored big surprise feature that was left in the dark? Still to come? Or are we less surprised by it then the rumor posters expected?
The "surprise feature" is the AA through SR feature, isn't it?
10-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #249
Veteran Member

Can you say anythin about focus peaking? The spec out already do not mention this.
10-07-2013, 05:06 AM   #250
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Supernaut Quote
Can you say anythin about focus peaking? The spec out already do not mention this.
On the other thread, I compared the way the K-50 and K-3 "Focus System" spec panels are worded.
Looks like no focus peaking on the K-3, at least with the launch firmware.
So my A50/1.2 stays on the K-01.
10-07-2013, 05:12 AM   #251
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
More info at:
PENTAX - K-3_
Awesome! Looking at the pics, the onboard flash seems somewhat higer?
10-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #252
Veteran Member

That spec sheet is a let down.. where's the complete spec sheet?

What happened to the 40MP sensor shift tech for one thing? The "hybrid" OVF.. etc etc

I think I can relax now and sell my Pentax gear to buy a decent Tele for my D800e's
10-07-2013, 05:30 AM   #253
Pentaxian

another teaser for tomorrow?
10-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #254
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
another teaser for tomorrow?
There is supposed to be something big, I don`t think they will spill all the beans before the offical announcement.
10-07-2013, 05:34 AM   #255
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

already with buy now link

The link for Buy-now is already present and it looks like the silver version comes only with grip and is "limited"
hopefully not much more expensive than the black one
but the web shop is still empty. I guess the only "new information" and big surprise left for tomorrow is the price tag