Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #121
Pentaxian
johnmflores's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somerville, NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,185
QuoteOriginally posted by jonny1986 Quote
about raw video output...i don't see nothing about this in spec..anybody can clarify?
Here you go. I wonder if the page is down because some of the specs are wrong. I sure hope that they don't take RAW video off!

Attached Images
 
10-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #122
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 267
QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
Well those limitation aren't going to be overcome by 1/250 sync speed That's a third stop, then every brand uses HSS for faster shutter speeds. So what's the problem with 1/180th?
One third stop may seem little, but that's not always the case.

That one third could give you one or two extra meters room to shoot within (people tend to pose better, with a bit of distance from the flash)
It would also give me about a second faster recycle time in many situations.

But more important: It could give you the flash/ambient mix you want.
10-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #123
Forum Member
cream's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 95
QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
everything is awesome!

'cept for the 1/180s flash sync.
I agree! I will buy it! As soon as I can order it
10-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #124
Junior Member




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 27

Say, what's that written in the blue line? Can't quite make it out........

10-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #125
Veteran Member
Asahiflex's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,754
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Here you go. I wonder if the page is down because some of the specs are wrong. I sure hope that they don't take RAW video off!
Reading the page I thought it was about the JPEG settings.
10-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #126
Veteran Member
Barry Pearson's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Stockport
Posts: 870
QuoteOriginally posted by txsbluesguy Quote
Does that really saw raw under the video recording quality levels?
What raw format would that be?

CinemaDNG? Or is that too much to hope for?
10-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #127
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,030
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Reading the page I thought it was about the JPEG settings.
I tend to agree. There's no mention of a RAW format for video, so I imagine there won't be one, and there's no explicit quality levels mentioned for JPG, so I imagine the quality levels listed are a "general" description not related to video.

Wim
10-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #128
Forum Member
cream's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 95
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/238763-k-3-pictures-fr...ml#post2532151 here are the specs from another thread... ^^

10-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #129
Pentaxian
johnmflores's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somerville, NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,185
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
I tend to agree. There's no mention of a RAW format for video, so I imagine there won't be one, and there's no explicit quality levels mentioned for JPG, so I imagine the quality levels listed are a "general" description not related to video.

Wim
I thought so too but there is a comma between each of the quality settings and one between Good and RAW.
10-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #130
Veteran Member
Barry Pearson's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Stockport
Posts: 870
QuoteOriginally posted by Tanzer Quote
Looks like they've brought back support for PEF, in addition to DNG.
The top of the range K-series cameras have always had PEF.

Q-series don't, and I think some less than top of the range cameras don't.
10-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #131
Forum Member
cream's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 95
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
I thought so too but there is a comma between each of the quality settings and one between Good and RAW.
I'm curious about this... RAW would be good, no compression. I think MotionJPG is less compression than x264/h.264 which is heavily compressed... I prefer a 5 minute video that takes 1.5 GB... than a 200MB video that is full of compression artefacts...
10-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #132
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: italy
Posts: 411
raw output in video seems an error ...in my opinion....maybe it would be noce to have an active hdmi out port to register externally.
10-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #133
Veteran Member
awaldram's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hampshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 720
QuoteOriginally posted by Fototim Quote
One third stop may seem little, but that's not always the case.

That one third could give you one or two extra meters room to shoot within (people tend to pose better, with a bit of distance from the flash)
It would also give me about a second faster recycle time in many situations.
Since when in the real world has shutter speed had any effect on flash recycle time ?

Flash exposure is controlled via Aperture/ISO and is not related to shutter speed.
If you had a flash set to Xsync at 1/1000 it would still use the same power as the same flash exposed @1/60 without ambient light th exposures would also be identical.


QuoteOriginally posted by Fototim Quote
But more important: It could give you the flash/ambient mix you want.
Again nothing to do with 1/180 Vs 1/250, Flash/ambient is affected flash exposure settings not shutter .
10-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #134
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: italy
Posts: 411
QuoteOriginally posted by cream Quote
I'm curious about this... RAW would be good, no compression. I think MotionJPG is less compression than x264/h.264 which is heavily compressed... I prefer a 5 minute video that takes 1.5 GB... than a 200MB video that is full of compression artefacts...


agree i cannot believe they just left us with h264...avi is much better. raw would be amazing and would really create a wow in the cinema world.
is great also we can disabled age and manual control audio. no more need for external recorder it seems.
10-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #135
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 267
QuoteOriginally posted by jonny1986 Quote
to kill ambient light especially sun you need at least 8 speedflash...that's why people use profoto or battery powered strobe...because even at 1/250 sync speed you will end up at f 16 and so you need a lot of power no less than 400 watt....i mean to kill seriously...
Correct :-)

I should have used the term over power. My only excuse is that I'm not a native English speaker.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
cameras, pentax k-3, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Pampas Highlights ozwald Post Your Photos! 2 08-27-2013 06:54 PM
how is the k-5 in regards to highlights clipping? Skog Pentax K-5 4 01-27-2011 04:18 PM
P52-3-24 Light: Bokeh Highlights Rense Weekly Photo Challenges 26 01-17-2011 01:06 AM
Pentax K-5 + several lenses converted in LR 3.3 ogl Pentax K-5 3 12-12-2010 12:46 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:50 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top