Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pre-order your Pentax K-3 now and get free extras!

I have convinced B&H to add a free 32Gb SD card to their K-3 kits!

In addition, by getting this camera at B&H you'll of course be entitled to free Marketplace access on our forum (per the instructions in the thread linked from my signature)

Purchase links:

Pentax K-3: Announcement and Detailed Preview by PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Adam, the battery isn't mentioned on the B&H site, just the card.
10-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I have secured an exclusive deal for PF members who pre-order the K-3 at B&H: all kits will include a free 32Gb SD card as well as a spare battery.

In addition, by getting this camera at B&H you'll of course be entitled to free Marketplace access on our forum.

The silver K-3 kit will be produced in extremely limited quantity, so be sure to pre-order yours if you'd like to secure one. Note that B&H doesn't charge you until the item ships (they only do an authorization).

Purchase links:

Thanks Adam
Just pre-ordered the Silver Body and Grip - very excited to get it.
10-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Adam, the battery isn't mentioned on the B&H site, just the card.
Guess they decided not to include the battery, though I was told it would be included. That's a nice card they're including, though!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Guess they decided not to include the battery, though I was told it would be included. That's a nice card they're including, though!
I went ahead and placed my order (didn't want to miss my place in line!). Kind of a bummer about the battery, but you're right, it is a nice card. Btw, their price is actually $1296.95 fwiw.
10-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I went ahead and placed my order (didn't want to miss my place in line!). Kind of a bummer about the battery, but you're right, it is a nice card. Btw, their price is actually $1296.95 fwiw.
Retailers have started shaving $3 off the price because it doesn't violate MAP but "looks" cheaper. $1299.95 is the official MSRP so that's what you'll see in our postings.

Adam

10-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well done, Adam!

10-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #8

excited can't wait
10-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
Veteran Member

My K-30 is only 2 months old. Does anybody know whether buying this body would be grounds for divorce in CT?
10-07-2013, 05:18 PM - 3 Likes   #10
Veteran Member

How awesome is my wife? I've had money put aside for this new body for a while now, but she recently got some money through an insurance settlement and insists on buying it for me as a gift! Told me to spend my money on "lenses or something." Is she a keeper or what?
10-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for that Adam
10-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
Pentaxian

How awesome is my wife? I've had money put aside for this new body for a while now, but she recently got some money through an insurance settlement and insists on buying it for me as a gift! Told me to spend my money on "lenses or something." Is she a keeper or what?
Yes you should be very grateful...

/jealousy
10-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welp, I ordered one as well. I've been hoping that what appears to be a material upgrade to the K-5 would materialize.

While the K-5 is clearly the best camera I've ever owned, it's been several years and there are/were opportunities for improvement.
The published list looks robust, and even if all the list doesn't deliver as much as we hope, it would be really hard to screw up
some of them such as multiple card slots.
10-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #14
Site Supporter

Silver body and grip just (pre)ordered. If I was Ricoh marketing, I would release this nice aps-c and after the buying flurry, THEN let news on the upcoming FF so as not to kill K-3 sales at release. This way they can sell 2 cameras to the rabid gear heads.

Its nice having both kids out on their own and sending home a weekly allowance for the old man. I can dream anyway.

Good job on the arrangement Adam!
10-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Silver Limited Edition Pre-ordered

I have secured an exclusive deal for PF members who pre-order the K-3 at B&H: all kits will include a free 32Gb SD card.

In addition, by getting this camera at B&H you'll of course be entitled to free Marketplace access on our forum.

The silver K-3 kit will be produced in extremely limited quantity, so be sure to pre-order yours if you'd like to secure one. Note that B&H doesn't charge you until the item ships (they only do an authorization).

Purchase links:

Spare battery not included but this is so great Adam thank you for being so generous and how do I know if you get a percentage to get this awesome site running? Do I message you the order number? I was charged already because I am from the land downunder.