Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tzrenz0 Quote
Spare battery not included but this is so great Adam thank you for being so generous and how do I know if you get a percentage to get this awesome site running? Do I message you the order number? I was charged already because I am from the land downunder.
Once your order ships, shoot me a PM with the order # and I will be able to check. Congrats on the purchase and thanks for clicking through!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Does anyone know if the Silver is available in Canada? I'm not sure if buying from B&H or Adorama would invalidate the warranty?
10-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
Does anyone know if the Silver is available in Canada? I'm not sure if buying from B&H or Adorama would invalidate the warranty?
It wouldn't invalidate the warranty, but you would need to get it serviced in the US (unless they're nice considering that it's a special edition camera).

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-08-2013, 04:53 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Silver Edition is only $1500 (well $1499.95) on the Pentax Imaging Site.
PentaxWebstore.com:K-3 Premium Silver Edition K-3 Premium Silver Edition

NaCl(just sayin')H2O

10-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #20
Pentaxian

I just put in an order at B&H, but when I finished entering all my info and clicked to complete the order, it went back to my cart page. No confirming email, either. Hmm.
10-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shiner Quote
I just put in an order at B&H, but when I finished entering all my info and clicked to complete the order, it went back to my cart page. No confirming email, either. Hmm.
That happened to me once, too. You need to do it again.
10-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
That happened to me once, too. You need to do it again.
Thanks!

10-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #23
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Silver Edition is only $1500 (well $1499.95) on the Pentax Imaging Site.
PentaxWebstore.com:K-3 Premium Silver Edition K-3 Premium Silver Edition

NaCl(just sayin')H2O
Good catch. I did not even check on the assumption B&H would be the same or lower. I expect somebody posted an error and since B&H is not charging me until it ships we have a month to let it get straight. The Pentax Web store mentions the grip both in "included in box" and in the "accessories" list underneath. Wondering if that's the confusion.
10-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
Good catch. I did not even check on the assumption B&H would be the same or lower. I expect somebody posted an error and since B&H is not charging me until it ships we have a month to let it get straight. The Pentax Web store mentions the grip both in "included in box" and in the "accessories" list underneath. Wondering if that's the confusion.
The MSRP price for the silver version is $1599. It would make sense for it to cost the same as the black body + grip (though luckily they're gotten rid of the huge margins).

I will ask B&H & Pentax to confirm the price, though I suspect a typo on Pentax's end.

Adam

10-09-2013, 04:43 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I will ask B&H & Pentax to confirm the price, though I suspect a typo on Pentax's end.
You are correct Adam, the link I posted now reads $1599.95. Too bad I didn't have an extra $1500 hanging around yesterday, I may have been able to save myself $100.

NaCl(oh well)H2O
10-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Any indication about a ship date for pre-ordered K-3 cameras other than November? Thanks
10-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #27
Inactive Account

Just bought a K-5 now comes the K3

Oh my goodness. I was sad to see my old K10d go, then bought a used K5........now the K3 looks light years ahead. What to do....What to do.

David
10-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #28
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ruemiser Quote
Oh my goodness. I was sad to see my old K10d go, then bought a used K5........now the K3 looks light years ahead. What to do....What to do.

David
You could wait 6 months for the price to go down and give them time to release new firmware to solid working condition... all the while enjoying your K-5
10-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #29

Pre-ordered Pentax K3 from B&H

I clicked-through (as it were) and Pre-ordered my K3 @ BH photovideo. But in the shopping cart it only showed the free memory card, not the extra battery which was indicated in the email of: Oct 7th.

I contacted B&H through their web site and was told the memory card is the only freebie they know of being offered with the K3.

Have I missed something?
10-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by themachinestops Quote
I clicked-through (as it were) and Pre-ordered my K3 @ BH photovideo. But in the shopping cart it only showed the free memory card, not the extra battery which was indicated in the email of: Oct 7th.

I contacted B&H through their web site and was told the memory card is the only freebie they know of being offered with the K3.

Have I missed something?
No, Adam said back on Monday that they must have changed their mind about including the battery. They had originally said that they would. Still, it's a nice card.