Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #211
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash95 Quote
This looks nice. Can't wait for a FF Pentax.
Well you will have to.

07-09-2014, 02:05 AM   #212
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Hmm..where have I heard this before?

It's very possible that someone else has the same idea like mine. As far as I remember, I've always liked this name, Pentax, even when this cameras was to expensive for me, and all that I could afford was an old Russian film camera.
07-29-2014, 02:41 PM - 2 Likes   #213

K3 Prestige Edition

Having purchased my K3 in december, I can say that I am pleased with its performance, and plan on purchasing the new limited edition to help me in my shooting; one for my 18-135 kit lens and one for a telephoto. I will keep my original and will use both while shooting.

The debate about what delineates a "Pro Camera" is a moot point. A person that makes ones living with a camera does not make that camera a "Pro Camera", and using a "Pro Camera" does not make a person a "Pro".

What makes a "Pro Camera" is the features it has and its capabilities; It is up to the user to use it's potential. 40 years ago I purchase my first Pentax, the MX, and I proceeded to do what others couldn't with the cameras of that era. I had a great camera and I used it to the best of it's ability and now I'm enjoying my K3 the same way. I shoot birds, wildlife, nature and landscapes; none of which are for sale. The only pictures that I post are my junk or "seconds", never my keepers. And once every year I will have a private showing of my gifts to my close friends and family.

So, yes, this introduction is selling another great Pentax camera to me because I am having fun again and I am getting the results that I demand of my equipment. I expect that on occasion one or the other will be put into the hands of a family member or fellow photo wildlife photographer, in hopes of making a convert.

Signed " Having a blast shooting again"
11-18-2014, 01:46 AM   #214

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Well, it's finally here! Pentax has just officially announced the K-3, a 24-megapixel DSLR featuring all-new hardware and the best specs of any Pentax camera to date.

Pentax K-3: Announcement and Detailed Preview by PentaxForums.com

• 24-megapixels
  • No AA filter, but the SR mechanism can be used to simulate it if desired
  • 8.3 FPS shooting up to 60 frames at full resolution
  • 27-point AF
  • 60 FPS 1080i video with full manual controls and H.264 format
  • Wireless tethering support
  • 200,000-frame shutter life
  • 0.95x viewfinder and 3.2" LCD
  • $1299
Please visit our homepage for a detailed preview of all the K-3's features, as well as some hands-on comments:

I have secured an exclusive deal for PF members who pre-order the K-3 at B&H: all kits will include a free 32Gb SD card as well as a spare battery.

Purchase links:

Special silver edition (2000 worldwide, couple hundred for the US market):

Brilliant, was the reason I chose to buy one!!