Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
10-08-2013, 12:19 AM - 1 Like   #76
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
So let me see if I understand. When you quote someone's post and ask "Do you have any information about this, or it's just a supposition?" It's just asking for information, but when someone quotes your post and asks "Do you have any information about this, or it's just a supposition?" it's an aggressive response. Hm..... interesting.
If the human language had a mathematical precision, with no nuances, context etc. you would have a point. But it hasn't. And parroting someone in order to avoid a question you don't want to answer, deviating the attention to a secondary subject, that adds context.
Anyway, the message is clear: I'll look for information somewhere else.

10-08-2013, 12:46 AM   #77
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I believe that it's been confirmed that it's the same Toshiba sensor as in the D71/5200 for those who were wondering, based on what I've seen on other sites.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #78
Pentaxian

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know. (not that I'm happy with it being the Toshiba, but let's see how it performs in this new camera).
10-08-2013, 01:17 AM   #79
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know. (not that I'm happy with it being the Toshiba, but let's see how it performs in this new camera).
It'll be close (if not identical) to the performance of the D7100, less differences in the JPEG engine. Still quite promising I'd say (though it's probably pushing the limits of APS-C).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-08-2013, 03:01 AM   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If I understand well, my Tamron DI lens, should fit the K3. Am I right?
10-08-2013, 03:04 AM - 1 Like   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by psyclop Quote
If I understand well, my Tamron DI lens, should fit the K3. Am I right?
Any K-mount lens will fit the K-3.
10-08-2013, 03:07 AM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
Thanks for the quick reply Vylen. This is going a long one month to wait, I'm putting in an order.

10-08-2013, 03:24 AM   #83
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
But some will fit it so much, you won't be able to unmount them (only certain old Ricoh ones, though... that Tamron DI is definitely safe)
10-08-2013, 03:26 AM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
But some will fit it so much, you won't be able to unmount them (only certain old Ricoh ones, though... that Tamron DI is definitely safe)
10-08-2013, 03:26 AM - 1 Like   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
You forgot your , or , or maybe a ...

...which smiley is the most appropriate for sarcasm, anyway?
Sorry. I had thought the original question was tongue in cheek anyway and answered in what I thought was the same spirit.
10-08-2013, 03:45 AM   #86
Veteran Member

I find it impressive that Pentax talked about the moire issue and that they were developing "in camera processing" to handle it and then they came up with this pretty easy but nice solution.

Oh, and I was just about to pull the trigger on a second K-5...
10-08-2013, 03:54 AM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The in-depth review will have to wait until we get a production unit. The pre-production one was unfortunately missing some of its AF menus.

I would say that the improvements made to the AF system are nowhere near as significant as the other new & improved features, such as the movie mode or burst framerate. Adding more AF points is a start, though. Too bad they don't cover a larger area.
Do you have a guess on when you'll have a production unit?
Looking forward to seeing in depth [AF] comparisons to the k5IIs and D7100
10-08-2013, 04:23 AM   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PBandJ Quote
Do you have a guess on when you'll have a production unit?
Looking forward to seeing in depth [AF] comparisons to the k5IIs and D7100
Firmware 1.0 is out since Monday.

Production units will be in stores by end October / early November.
10-08-2013, 04:32 AM   #89
Forum Member

I assume that the new sensor and AF is the cause of the decreased battery life, not a deal breaker though.

K5II: Approx. 740 shots with 50% flash*, approx. 980 shots without flash and 440 min in play mode w/ D-LI90
K3: Approx. 560 shots with 50% flash*, approx. 720 shots without flash and 370 min in play mode w/ D-LI90P

As I understand the P-version of the D-Li90 is just due to some Japanese law so the specs are the same (1860 mAh 7.2V) but with the difference that you can't charge a D-LI90P battery in the old D-BC90 charger.
Does the D-LI90 battery work with a camera that uses D-LI90P? Shouldn't be a problem since the new charger handles both batteries but since I don't know what the function of the fourth pin on the P-version is I'm not sure it'll work.

Btw, when I first saw the pictures of the K3 I thought it would be significantly heavier than the K-5 but it only differs 60 grams. It says that the body has been changed but is there just minor changes to the old K-5 body or is the body entirely remade? Got a disability and the body of the K-5 is perfect for me, was to upgrade to a K-5II/s but if the K-3 basically has the same body it's a contender too.

Last edited by Samoht; 10-08-2013 at 04:39 AM.
10-08-2013, 04:53 AM   #90
Pentaxian

More energy use due to bigger files most likely it has 50% more pixels than the K-5