Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Also, would anyone be able to guess if the points are smaller than in the 11-point system? If so, that's a good step-up in getting accurate focus.

10-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a lot of camera for the money.
It'll be a couple of years before I add another DSLR to my K10 and K-5, but I've got my eyes on the K-3 already.
10-08-2013, 05:28 AM - 1 Like   #93
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Also, would anyone be able to guess if the points are smaller than in the 11-point system? If so, that's a good step-up in getting accurate focus.
They better be to fit in the allocated space:

10-08-2013, 05:52 AM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I want one

10-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #95

So excited for this upgrade. This will be the tool that goes to Africa w/ me this summer.
10-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #96
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Looks like the K-3 is a big hit so far! We'll have hundreds of happy shooters on the forum in no time, just like we did with the K-5

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #97

Can't share your joy and frankly don't understand it

Yes, I said that.

Why?

Because to me the only real message behind this announcement is that a FULL FRAME Pentax DSLR is put off again, and God knows till when...

10-08-2013, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #98
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AndreyDF Quote
Yes, I said that.

Why?

Because to me the only real message behind this announcement is that a FULL FRAME Pentax DSLR is put off again, and God knows till when...
Full frame isn't everything. Pentax will surely join that camp some day, but for now, it's actually a smarter idea for them to push out an advanced APS-C body, which is where the majority of the sub-pro DSLR market still lies.

Want a FF? Get a D610 or a D800. They're out there and they're great cameras. But so is the K-3

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #99

Don't get so angry, gentlemen. Opinions can vary, and viewpoints may be as different as they can only be, while being equally well-based.

I wrote: for me, not for everybody on the planet. Let the others jigga till the dawn.

I - personally my goodself - have quite a lot of FF lenses that I like and would like to be able to use them on a DSLR a) without 1.6 crop factor, I need wide angles much more than resulting longer telephoto; and b) with image stabilisation built into the body that AFAIK is now made only by Pentax.

Enough logical reasons? Where's any whining?
10-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #100

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Yes; DXOMark, DPReview, Imaging Resource tests for example. The Toshiba sensor from the D7100 can't match the 16MP Sony sensor's ability to bring up shadow information, and even when scaled, it has "only" 13.7 EV compared to 14.1.

However, what I was asking was if you have information about the K-3's sensor being a Toshiba as well, since it's not clear from the preview; there was no need for the aggressive response.
But, I guess it was just a supposition.
i think,it's a sony sensor.....imaging-resource .com can address almost everything we have in mind for answers about the K-3.
10-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #101
Veteran Member

On the contrary, I believe the tech behind this camera like the new AF module and the new metering system were designed to work with the FF camera as well.
10-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #102

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
On the contrary, I believe the tech behind this camera like the new AF module and the new metering system were designed to work with the FF camera as well.
I agree, it is quite possible. However, I can't figure why Pentax should wait any longer with FF launch? If they can make it, they should.

Hear that Kodak stops making photo films?
10-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
I agree. If it's possible, I'd love to see the FF in the same K-3 body. That would be a camera to be reckoned with.
10-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #104
Pentaxian

I agree, it is quite possible. However, I can't figure why Pentax should wait any longer with FF launch? If they can make it, they should.

Hear that Kodak stops making photo films?
Maybe they're rebuilding the K-mount, from the high volume base models upwards? Maybe it's more difficult to launch an expensive low volume product? Maybe that's the proper order, first the APS-C K-3 then the FF?

You're mentioning Kodak because...?
10-08-2013, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #105
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I ordered the K3 this afternoon, I hope the wait wont be too long. I feel like a kid a couple of week before christmas.