Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #121
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ledohung Quote
I just check on BHphoto and Adorama, and I think the Silver is already out of stock, so quickly!!!

Pentax K-3 Premium Silver Edition DSLR Camera (Body Only) 15563

Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera Body Premium Silver 15563
Ha! Knew it wouldn't take long. That's awesome! I really do think the silver looks good, but I ordered black because I think it'll work out better for me in the long run. Any regret I may have would only be a small one. Anyway, congrats to all those that got their orders in in time. Condolences to those that didn't and wished they had.

10-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Ha! Knew it wouldn't take long. That's awesome! I really do think the silver looks good, but I ordered black because I think it'll work out better for me in the long run. Any regret I may have would only be a small one. Anyway, congrats to all those that got their orders in in time. Condolences to those that didn't and wished they had.
Yeah I hope it will be awesome when it comes to the customers
10-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #123

I bought the K5 last year and within months they brought out the K5II and then the K5IIs but since there is very little difference in the performance between the three of them I'm extremely happy [nay, more than that, I pick up the K5 and the World looks better] with the K5. I can understand peoples impatience and the rush of some to pre-order the K3 since, to me, it's a major upgrade that will outclass other brands despite some of the minor technical criticisms expressed in earlier posts.. But I will wait a year and see how the K3 weathers the experience of the different kinds of photographers [in experience, ability, outlook and demands]. I've also got a feeling that Pentax will modify the K3 quickly should any upgrade, however unlikely that might seem, be required as I don't want to buy a K3 however superb it is to find a K3II or K3IIs appearing on the scene after buy it.
10-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #124
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Does anyone knows where I could find the operating Manuals of the K3?

10-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #125
Veteran Member

They are not available because the production camera is not out yet , only in november
10-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #126
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
They are not available because the production camera is not out yet , only in november
Thanks
It's too bad, that would've help me to be more patient while waiting for it
10-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #127
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by psyclop Quote
Does anyone knows where I could find the operating Manuals of the K3?
When I contacted PENTAX they indicated the online PDF manual may even be a couple of weeks after shipping. I feel the same way as you do.

10-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #128
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RockvilleBob Quote
When I contacted PENTAX they indicated the online PDF manual may even be a couple of weeks after shipping. I feel the same way as you do.
If you feel the same way I do, It's like if I was 10 year old a couple of week before Christmas.
10-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #129
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
WOW!
What a great step!
I will order one soooon!
pentax name on the front of the camera and Richo on the Lcd this means to me/Ricoh push pentax forward!
2 companies better than one hahah!
10-12-2013, 01:28 AM - 1 Like   #130
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
WOW!
What a great step!
I will order one soooon!
pentax name on the front of the camera and Richo on the Lcd this means to me/Ricoh push pentax forward!
2 companies better than one hahah!
I like your thinking

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #131
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
By your standards, the first of the "Pentax" cameras only appeared in 2002 when the company changed its name from Asahi. And of course there were the Honeywell and Heiland Pentaxes, too....
Yes, I know that is how it seems to others. However those cameras, including the Honeywell versions, were still being made by the original Asahi Optical Company though their naming conventions were a bit different. Even those days are now long past. I have been enjoying and using Pentax equipment for a very long time and I am just expressing my disappointment that a once great marque is very quickly becoming nothing more than a "brand name" for another company. At least the mount still survives semi-intact.

Ah well, change happens whether we particularly like it or not. And in this case I don't.
10-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #132

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Olympus and Sony.
Will they work with M42 lens mounted on adapter?
10-12-2013, 03:28 PM - 1 Like   #133

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
My thoughts exactly. I don't think Pentax will ever market an FF camera. Which is OK, sensors get better and better. Try finding the differences between pictures from the 24mp APS-C sensor of the K-3 and those of a 24mp FF camera. There will be differences of course, but none that people will really care about. And they're probably in favour of the APS-C sensor too. That's why, countrary to popular belief, I'm guessing APS-C isn't the dead end street everybody claims to be after all.
There may be little difference between photos made by FF and halfsize cameras, it's true. But it's not the major difference between FF and APS-C: they are true wide angle, shallow depth of field and ISO high performance. Moreover, photography has developed certain standards during its evolution, the most popular and widespread being 24x36 mm (135) and the least - 24x16 (APS), from which cropped frame digitals evolved - originally due to impossibility to make FF sensor, then for its excessive cost. But if technology really is progressing as fast as OEMs claim, FF sensors by now should be cheaper than a carton of Marlboro, allowing to use with modern digital body all old FF lenses at their native FOV - that I want to do. I won't buy a set of special lenses for every new camera because it's silly - who knows how they perform? And old ones are well tested and known.
10-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
however unlikely that might seem, be required as I don't want to buy a K3
however superb it is to find a K3II or K3IIs appearing on the scene
hmm i dont think a K-3IIs will ever come out, as there is no need for the "s" anymore...

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/239023-pentax-k-3-offi...#ixzz2hZOpDSN0
10-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #135
Pentaxian

What do you know; if only they were writing "Pentax" they could ignore the changes (e.g. Ricoh's ownership) and pretend it's the same Asahi Optical who made the first Pentax camera.
Or they would find other reasons for complaining, like serial numbers or something.