Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #196
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Many people complained in this thread about the colours. Well, from a marketing point of view, they are a killer feature. Last time I went to a photo expo, numerous (and I mean a lot) people were drawn to the Pentax booth because of the colourful Qs and K50s. Then they began handling the K-3 and were impressed. Then they handled the limiteds... etc etc.
The idea is to sell K-mounts (and Q-mounts). Colors can sell a second K-mount in the same household. Colors can sell a K-mount to a college student in school colors. The K-mount is what matters, K-mounts sell lenses (and third party support). Doesn't matter what is wrapped around the K-mount - or what color the wrapper is.

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Gateway drug to the k-3
Yes.

12-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #197
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I don't expect any new announcement until CP+ (February). But they could have some interesting things then
I'm sure they'll have some announcements in store for CP+, at a minimum they have to have 2 or 3 new 'consumer' cameras.

I don't think they'll have anything that I'm particularly interested in but we'll see.