Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2013, 12:56 AM   #166

Photos: Gallery
I think that an articulated screen would have to be smaller than a non-articulated screen. I would much rather have the bigger screen. For those hard to look through the viewfinder shots, the ability to wirelessly transmit the image to something like a google glass would be great.

12-17-2013, 01:34 AM   #167
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OutOfFocus Quote
I think that an articulated screen would have to be smaller than a non-articulated screen. I would much rather have the bigger screen. For those hard to look through the viewfinder shots, the ability to wirelessly transmit the image to something like a google glass would be great.
Or just transmit it to any smartphone. More people tend to have those then google glasses.
12-17-2013, 05:05 AM   #168
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ah, Google Glass: taking more sh¡t photos, faster than ever before.

Seriously, why would you have a DSLR if you wanted to control it that way? (How would you control something that complex with Glass?) Total waste of a mirror and viewfinder.
12-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #169
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Coming back to topic, I thing is already to late for a launch before Christmas. Until New Year's Eve has no sense, commercially, so, next year.

12-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #170
Pentaxian

I don't expect any new announcement until CP+ (February). But they could have some interesting things then
12-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #171
Veteran Member

What I heard is
PENTAX will announce K-02 SB, with build in user selectable speed booster. So you can use all your FA and DA lenses, with aperture control and AF!

That's the closest thing to FF. :P

jk...
12-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #172
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
What I heard is
PENTAX will announce K-02 SB, with build in user selectable speed booster. So you can use all your FA and DA lenses, with aperture control and AF!

OK, that would certainly grab *my* interest!

12-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #173
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What I heard is

jk...
One shouldn't spread that sort of rumor unless one actually knows something. Is it Ricoh (new technology) or Pentax?

[EDIT: Oh. I didn't know jk means Just Kidding. My bad ]

But it's a really good rumor because it is so eminently possible!!

Last edited by monochrome; 12-17-2013 at 04:43 PM.
12-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #174

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote

Now, I have to say that I've been equivocating about the usefulness of an articulating LCD screen – my joints are telling me it would be better for them during low camera setups, but my head is telling me it's another failure point for strength and WR, not to mention added bulk and cost. However, the K-3 with the promised FLUcard, I think, renders an articulated screen much less useful in those situations, although the camera perhaps needs to be secured, rather than handheld. On the other hand (literally) with a small(ish) smart phone in one hand and the K-3 in the other, you could probably manage most situations where an articulated screen would be useful, and lots of others where it wouldn't help at all.

March 2014 will tell the tale.
This is the main reason I'd like an articulating screen. I'm old and fluffy and if I get down on the ground for a low level shot either I won't be able to get back up at all, or it will NOT be a pretty sight me trying....I've taken a lot of "faith" pictures. Pictures where I put the camera on the ground or down low and angle it where I think its shooting where I want and having faith that I'll get something useable in the frame.

But if they don't come up with one soon I may just forgo it and get something newer anyway. I'm shooting with a 10 year old *ist D and while it still works great I'm anxious to move up.

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Or just transmit it to any smartphone. More people tend to have those then google glasses.
Um... that has some interesting possibilities. As long as it could do it "live."
12-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #175
Veteran Member

What I heard is

jk...
If retro style and kitchen sink not included i’m not interested....
12-17-2013, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #176
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The next one will have 40 megapickles. It will LITERALLY SHOOT PICKLES out when you press the shutter button. Up to 40 giant ones before the buffer runs out. 40 MEGA PICKLES!
12-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #177
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
One shouldn't spread that sort of rumor unless one actually knows something. Is it Ricoh (new technology) or Pentax?
ahh...

I thought I wrote "jk", for "just kidding".
12-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #178
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by penguinsoda Quote
This is the main reason I'd like an articulating screen. I'm old and fluffy and if I get down on the ground for a low level shot either I won't be able to get back up at all, or it will NOT be a pretty sight me trying....I've taken a lot of "faith" pictures. Pictures where I put the camera on the ground or down low and angle it where I think its shooting where I want and having faith that I'll get something useable in the frame.

But if they don't come up with one soon I may just forgo it and get something newer anyway. I'm shooting with a 10 year old *ist D and while it still works great I'm anxious to move up.

Um... that has some interesting possibilities. As long as it could do it "live."
The K-3 with the non-Pentax FLUcard certainly works for image transfer. If you've been following the discussion on the K-3, you'll know that the dedicated Pentax FLUcard will allow tethering, which is what I think you're wanting. It's actually half the reason I bought a K-3. The delay in availability of the Pentax FLUcard is a little frustrating, but we're now told it's due in March 2014.
12-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #179
Pentaxian

ahh...

I thought I wrote "jk", for "just kidding".
Too late. It already made to Photorumors and a dozen of other sites... probably
12-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #180
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Too late. It already made to Photorumors and a dozen of other sites... probably
LOL.

on the other hand, is a K-02 like this is possible from technical standpoint?