Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 79 Likes Search this Thread
10-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #181
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I suppose this is the problem with telling the truth when those before have prevaricated.
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Sure, "just believe because I say so" that's insightful.
The person in question would need to have voluntarily and actively lied to me directly and personally. Possible, sure, but I don't believe so. That, and the person, is the change - and you seem to fail to understand it.

[EDIT:]Oh wait. I get it. You think I'm prevaricating? Read paragraph 8 - note there were others on the call.

So YES, because I said so.

Just answer this: What do you prefer people who are really anxious to use FF right now to do? Sit here on PF, follow rumors and wine? Or that they just get a FF now and enjoy their existing Pentax crop gear as a second system?
Why should their Pentax APSc system be their "second" system instead of an inferior FF system? Showing your true bias a bit there, aren't you?

Last edited by monochrome; 10-30-2013 at 10:28 AM.
10-30-2013, 10:25 AM - 1 Like   #182
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mr. Kitazawa, who is the head of Pentax R&D, stated in as early as 2011 already that they have been "working" on a mirrorless FF camera:

Later on in october 2012, the same Kitazawa states that they have suddenly been working on a FF DSLR and that they're even touching base with a sensor manufacturer in this interview: Pentax Forum - Camera & Photography Community - PentaxForums.com

And if you go further back, you can find even more very "credible" statements saying Pentax FF is right around the corner.

And now the rumored FF Pentax ETA is somewhere late in 2014.

Who on earth still believes all that?!? The probability that they're just saying that to keep the users from leaving has become a bit high, imho.

If you need FF, or just want it, it's wiser to just go ahead and get one and not to let yourself be fooled by people with bags full of hot air.
I think Ricoh will release a full frame camera, that they are working on it currently, but they will not rush it out the door. It is really clear to me that Ricoh doesn't release half baked products and so there won't be any Hoya-style disasters.

I believe that Pentax has made it clear for awhile that they are not releasing mirrorless in full frame, they said that they don't think current EVFs are equal to a good OVF, although I am sure they have multiple ideas that they could green light, if it looks like the market is shifting in favor of mirrorless options.
10-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #183
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I suppose this is the problem with telling the truth when those before have prevaricated.
Spot on! Fool me once...

The person in question would need to have voluntarily and actively lied to me directly and personally. Possible, sure, but I don't believe so. That, and the person, is the change - and you seem to fail to understand it.
Companies lying isn't all that extraordinary. They do it all the time actually. And I admit in failing to understand you there. Maybe because I'm not familiar with the expression: "The person is the change"?

[EDIT:]Oh wait. I get it. You think I'm prevaricating? Read paragraph 8 - note there were others on the call.
No, I don't think you're lying.
10-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #184
Veteran Member

Companies lying isn't all that extraordinary. They do it all the time actually..
What's the point of listening to anyone about anything if you don't believe it?

10-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #185
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
To accept it as input and subject it to scrutiny?
10-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #186
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote
To accept it as input and subject it to scrutiny?
That's if you agree to subject it to scrutiny. I don't beleive a second that it's what Clavius did.
He's made his mind a long time ago and so did a couple others.
Sadly that won't change anytime.
10-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #187
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think Ricoh will release a full frame camera, that they are working on it currently, but they will not rush it out the door. It is really clear to me that Ricoh doesn't release half baked products and so there won't be any Hoya-style disasters.

I believe that Pentax has made it clear for awhile that they are not releasing mirrorless in full frame, they said that they don't think current EVFs are equal to a good OVF, although I am sure they have multiple ideas that they could green light, if it looks like the market is shifting in favor of mirrorless options.
Absolutely agree with you.. the worst thing that I fear is that Ricoh releases a "me-too" or "half-baked" FF just because of some people insisting on only FF and nothing else; don't think that they want to repeat something like the failed MZ-D which was supposedly the first digital Full frame years ago. Sometimes being a little late has its advantage, just saying.

10-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #188
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
Er.. Wouldn't someone first have to listen to something before being able to judge if it's believable or not? Would be nice though, being able to filter out all junk.
10-30-2013, 12:36 PM - 1 Like   #189
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just overall, I have been a lot more pleased with the products and the coherence of the vision that I have seen over the last eighteen months, following the combining of forces between Ricoh and Pentax. The K50/500 and now the K3 are good products that have enough features to sell well against the competition, while building up the base.

This is something I never saw under Hoya, which was prone to releasing products sporadically, with poor preparation. It makes me feel hopeful for the future, even if I have no more information about it than Clavius.

Last edited by Rondec; 10-30-2013 at 12:56 PM.
10-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #190
bvg
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
That's 'cause the NSA is listening
Do not forget KGB
10-31-2013, 03:41 AM   #191
Veteran Member

#4 and #7 are already in effect..
10-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #192
Veteran Member

Some funny comments about the new Russian Pentax rumors: Because We Just Can’t Get Enough of them: New Pentax FF mirrorless LX rumor. | Mirrorless Rumors

QuoteQuote:
Don't worry! Next fake Pentax FF rumor coming in 3 months...

Last edited by Clavius; 11-01-2013 at 12:46 AM.
10-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #193
Pentaxian

How cute, they're trying to link an information leak with an unproved rumor - in order to dismiss both.
10-31-2013, 10:19 PM   #194
bvg
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
the worst thing that I fear is that Ricoh releases a "me-too" or "half-baked" FF
Release "me-too" FF like Nikon D600 , then do what you want >: Pentaxians will migrate to Pentax FF, not D600 at least.
11-01-2013, 01:12 AM - 1 Like   #195
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bvg Quote
Release "me-too" FF like Nikon D600 , then do what you want >: Pentaxians will migrate to Pentax FF, not D600 at least.
No, give us a Nikon DF "me too"!
Seem to be the same size as K-5.

Nikon Df Pure Photography video teaser #5 | Nikon Rumors