Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #46
Veteran Member

A mirrorless 645D would probably turn out to be the same size as a D800. Imagine that with an 80MP sensor?

10-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Originally posted by ogl Quote
?????????? Google
5. K-01 is failed because of design. Mirrorless cameras - Ricoh will offer something new.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/240639-pentax-ricoh-ru...#ixzz2im2CozrL
My K-01 substitute now is a Nex 6 with a coupla PK to Nex adapters. Be sure to put in Tilting LCD and built-in EVF. Can;t go far wrong if they take some ideas off that cam, but for pity's sake, use the Pentax menu system instead of the mess that Sony came up with. SR would be good. Focus peaking and magnified focusing a must.
10-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Great news, if they make something new and interesting and aren't just playing catch up. Filterless AA is a great start. I hope this technology can't be copied by Sony and others. I'm still not going to believe it until someone beats me over the head with the camera.

I hope the 645DII is mirrorless(K-01 style). Flip out screen is a must, but a view finder is unnecessary(maybe optional to keep costs down).

Last edited by kenafein; 10-25-2013 at 03:29 PM.
10-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Once more, unto the breach.

Eventually I will be proven correct. Unless I die before FF.

10-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Eventually I will be proven correct. Unless I die before FF.
We'll remember you as the Nostradamus of the Pentax world.
10-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
There is a lot more to gain from MF mirrorless than from APS-C. Removing the huge mirror box and OVF seriously reduces size. MF shooters don't need 8fps or D4 AF tracking. CDAF is more than fast enough for MF.
You also lose that huge viewfinder...
10-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #52
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
There are only two trustworthy lines of Pentax communication on the globe, the Russians and the Chinese.

Steve

Bwaaaaahahahahaha....I just about choked........Very cool......

10-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
And 8.3FPS too~
8.3 fps with a huge MF mirror? If you shoot without a lens it would probably fly away with how much wind it's blowing.
10-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
You also lose that huge viewfinder...
Replaced with a screen the size of a samsung 7' tablet.

Unlike the 135 format dslr, I do think the slower shooting style of MF suits a MILC better.
10-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #55
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
This is not exactly a rumor, as the source appears to be Ricoh Imaging Russia
Not really, the source is Ogl who says that he got the information from somebody with Ricoh Imaging Russia.

Steve
10-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #56
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Told 'ya. They have a plan, true Pentaxians will be happy while the fakes will fail into despair
Actually this yours and Monochrome's repeated "I told ya" only confirms my "I told ya";
— Ricoh started development of anything new only after the FotoKina 2012, and in early 2013.
— That is why in the end of 2013 they have nothing else to show but prematurely released K-3 and endless rehashes.
— And it also shows that they have not funded anything new prior to 2013, because if it were true, we'd see some of it by now, even a new lens.
— Ricoh had literally waited 15 months to start thinking what to do next.
— If the Pentax part of the company was protesting about it, that Ricoh delays funding and misses important development cycles, losing endlessly waiting Pentax userbase only to appear as non-risk-taking in front of shareholders, and thus to keep the share prices stabile, no wonder they had issues.
— When they've seen how other manufacturers are nuking the market with FF bombs, finally Ricoh Imaging Russia feels to address the poor communication issue, and at least reassure fans they indeed are working, and when is reasonable to expect things they are working on .
— "To be number 3 imaging company in 4 years" story was a lie told by Ricoh imaging USA to buy time before their own fans and users.

God bless Russians for at least one drop of sincerity in all of this Muppet Show.

Last edited by Uluru; 10-25-2013 at 06:14 PM.
10-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #57
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
There is a lot more to gain from MF mirrorless than from APS-C. Removing the huge mirror box and OVF seriously reduces size. MF shooters don't need 8fps or D4 AF tracking. CDAF is more than fast enough for MF.
I guess that explains the huge number of mirrorless MF and LF digital cameras!

Actually, there are a few (e.g. Alpa, with LEAF back), but they are very expensive and don't feature auto-focus.

ALPA OF SWITZERLAND - Hersteller herausragender Kameras -

Steve
10-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Actually this yours repeated I told ya only confirms my I told ya; Ricoh started development of anything new only after the FotoKina 2012, and in early 2013.
That is why in the end of 2013 they have nothing else to show but prematurely released K-3 and endless rehashes.
And it also shows that they have not funded anything new prior to 2013, because if we're true, we'd see some if it by now.
Ricoh had literally waited 15 months to start thinking what to do next.
That sounds about right to me. Of course it's not necessarily true, as they could have designed several systems in that time and were waiting for technology to catch up to their concepts, especially the one/s they determined the Industry was heading toward. The only thing *wrong* with that decision would be the risk of falling away as a brand identity from seemingly marking time.

It's looking more like a fresh start will be happening about a year from now, so, I'll probably just sell off my remaining Pentax kit and get that Nikon/Sigma telephoto I've been wanting for some time.

Two years from now I may return to Pentax, when things are settled, but in the meantime, this game of Madam Zelda has gotten very old.
10-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Actually this yours and Monochrome's repeated "I told ya" only confirms my "I told ya";
— Ricoh started development of anything new only after the FotoKina 2012, and in early 2013.
— That is why in the end of 2013 they have nothing else to show but prematurely released K-3 and endless rehashes.
— And it also shows that they have not funded anything new prior to 2013, because if it were true, we'd see some of it by now, even a new lens.
— Ricoh had literally waited 15 months to start thinking what to do next.
— If the Pentax part of the company was protesting about it, that Ricoh delays funding and misses important development cycles, losing endlessly waiting Pentax userbase only to appear as non-risk-taking in front of shareholders, and thus to keep the share prices stabile, no wonder they had issues.
— When they've seen how other manufacturers are nuking the market with FF bombs, finally Ricoh Imaging Russia feels to address the poor communication issue, and at least reassure fans they indeed are working, and when is reasonable to expect things they are working on .
— "To be number 3 imaging company in 4 years" story was a lie told by Ricoh imaging USA to buy time before their own fans and users.

God bless Russians for at least one drop of sincerity in all of this Muppet Show.
Why so bitter? Ogl's list seems to be a lot and if there are preparations for full frame and lenses to accompany it, than it would more than explain the fact that the APS-C line up feels a little neglected. I feel satisfied for the time being and won't grouch before summer of 2014.
10-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I guess that explains the huge number of mirrorless MF and LF digital cameras!
The lack of is explained by the lack of technology to support a MF mirrorless and the cost. We are just now getting to the point where FF mirrorless has the technology and is cost effective. It take a huge amount of processing power to run a high MP mirrorless camera.