Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #166
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
This whole thread "sounds" very weird as if Russia is supposed to know everything before we all do ??
That's 'cause the NSA is listening

10-29-2013, 06:39 PM - 1 Like   #167
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
By that time Sony will have released the 8 and 8r sporting those 54 and 75 mp sensors, and maybe even a digital medium format. Not a rumor, just an extrapolation from the speed at which things are developing right now.
Not only will they be mirrorless, but they will have NEGATIVE MIRRORS. They will eliminate the mirrors from anything around them, so make sure to keep them out of your bathroom.

That's just an extrapolation from cameras going from one to zero mirrors in the last few years.
10-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #168
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
?????????? Google
Pay attention!
1. FF will be next year. Not later than Photokina 2014. Maybe, on spring or summer, 2014.
2. New DFA lenses will be offered. New 2.8 zooms will be made.
3. New Limited Zoom will be real.
4. New WR lenses will be launched.
5. K-01 is failed because of design. Mirrorless cameras - Ricoh will offer something new.
6. New 645D will be later. It will be different from 645D. It was plans to launch 645DII this year, but the situation is changed.
7. SMC DA LIMITED are discontinued.
If No.1 is true, Maybe sales of the lens is not in use. So, I chose not to continue to buy the camera now. Because the old lens can't support the new FF DSLR. No.5, K-01 is a good design for me, I like that. So, Let's continue to wait and see what happens.
10-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #169
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
Not only will they be mirrorless, but they will have NEGATIVE MIRRORS. They will eliminate the mirrors from anything around them, so make sure to keep them out of your bathroom.

That's just an extrapolation from cameras going from one to zero mirrors in the last few years.
LOL! Nice!

10-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #170
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote

Negative meniscus lenses or Mangin mirrors have been around since the telescope and are currently used in all our objective lenses.
10-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #171
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by horonggo Quote
If No.1 is true, Maybe sales of the lens is not in use. So, I chose not to continue to buy the camera now. Because the old lens can't support the new FF DSLR. No.5, K-01 is a good design for me, I like that. So, Let's continue to wait and see what happens.
In case if anyone is wondering why Ricoh Imaging wouldn't announce the "full frame", one year ahead (presumably) of the effective market launch.
Not that I'm not waiting myself, mostly for new lenses
10-30-2013, 01:13 AM   #172

This rumor pleases me.
I will still purchase the K3.

...but I am curious that there has been no word on an updated DA* line.

10-30-2013, 01:26 AM   #173
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
In case if anyone is wondering why Ricoh Imaging wouldn't announce the "full frame", one year ahead (presumably) of the effective market launch.
Not that I'm not waiting myself, mostly for new lenses
But most of Ricoh's lens line is incompatible with full frame format anyway. So with that logic even admitting to be developing such a camera would be hurting DA lens sales. That's actually one of the reason why I doubt Mr. Kitazawa's statement about FF format. I think it was merely stated to keep the faithfull users with Pentax for a little while longer. Come on, even if developement of such a camera only started a year after the takeover, then it still doesn't have to take 2 full years.
10-30-2013, 01:39 AM - 1 Like   #174
Pentaxian

Currently, there are about a dozen of "full-frame compatible" candidates - each of them of course would have to be validated.
There's no reason why it would hurt APS-C lens sales - except by replacement with FF lens sales, which isn't actually a problem. On the contrary, expanding the K-mount higher end should generate an increase of the overal sales.
10-30-2013, 02:31 AM   #175
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
But most of Ricoh's lens line is incompatible with full frame format anyway. So with that logic even admitting to be developing such a camera would be hurting DA lens sales. That's actually one of the reason why I doubt Mr. Kitazawa's statement about FF format. I think it was merely stated to keep the faithfull users with Pentax for a little while longer. Come on, even if developement of such a camera only started a year after the takeover, then it still doesn't have to take 2 full years.
There have been several comments from Pentax staff that the development time for a new frame is typically around 12 months. I remember hearing some vague indications about the FF project taking a bit longer than expected. Hard to say whether this would amount to 2 full years.
10-30-2013, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #176
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PePe Quote
There have been several comments from Pentax staff that the development time for a new frame is typically around 12 months. I remember hearing some vague indications about the FF project taking a bit longer than expected. Hard to say whether this would amount to 2 full years.

Mr. Kitazawa, who is the head of Pentax R&D, stated in as early as 2011 already that they have been "working" on a mirrorless FF camera:

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
According to Pete Fang from DPreview, Mr. Kitazawa, who is head of Pentax's camera R&D, told a Japanese DC Magazine that Pentax is working on a mirror-less 35mm full-frame camera "and..." is even considering a mirror-less 645D.

The OP is also asking for anyone with good Japanese reading skills to help by translating and confirming the article on Dec. 19.

The blog can be found here: Photo of the Day PENTAX Q??????????????

~

Personally, if this works-out to be true, then I think it substantiates the initial rumors of a FF mirorless that has been going around lately. And though I wouldn't highly recommend it, perhaps, this will be our queue to put a little more stock into that rumor.
Later on in october 2012, the same Kitazawa states that they have suddenly been working on a FF DSLR and that they're even touching base with a sensor manufacturer in this interview: Pentax Forum - Camera & Photography Community - PentaxForums.com

And if you go further back, you can find even more very "credible" statements saying Pentax FF is right around the corner.

And now the rumored FF Pentax ETA is somewhere late in 2014.

Who on earth still believes all that?!? The probability that they're just saying that to keep the users from leaving has become a bit high, imho.

If you need FF, or just want it, it's wiser to just go ahead and get one and not to let yourself be fooled by people with bags full of hot air.

Last edited by Clavius; 10-30-2013 at 08:35 AM.
10-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #177
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you need FF, or just want it, it's wiser to just go ahead and get one and not to let yourself be fooled by people with bags full of hot air.
There is nothing new nor timely nor insightful about this comment nor this sentiment.

The only new information are the more recent - for instance, July, 2013 - comments by Mr. Kitazawa, and the fact that his comments were made under the auspices of ownership by a credible company.

I on Earth finally believe all that, whereas before I scoffed at it.

As of last April 30th, in a statement made to me personally and voluntarily by a Senior Pentax Executive, not prompted by a question from me - the position of Pentax is, "Full Frame is coming and real, but it is not soon."

Full Frame will come when it does, but it will come. Until then I'll use whatever Pentax cameras suit my needs, my lenses and my budget.

Last edited by monochrome; 10-30-2013 at 12:55 PM.
10-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #178
Pentaxian

Mr. Kitazawa, who is the head of Pentax R&D, stated in as early as 2011 already that they have been "working" on a mirrorless FF camera:
Sigh... no, he didn't.

You're talking about this interview, right?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/168982-translation-...interview.html
It was the interviewer, not Mr. Kitazawa, who said Pentax would launch a mirrorless FF. Sorry, but Mr. Kitazawa remains trustworthy

Last edited by Kunzite; 10-30-2013 at 09:40 AM.
10-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #179
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
There is nothing new nor timely nor insightful about this comment nor this sentiment.

The only new information are the more recent - for instance, July, 2012 - comments by Mr. Kitazawa, and the fact that his comments were made under the auspices of ownership by a credible company.

I on Earth finally believe all that, whereas before I scoffed at it.

As of last April 30th, in a statement made to me personally and voluntarily by a Senior Pentax Executive, not prompted by a question from me - the position of Pentax is, "Full Frame is coming and real, but it is not soon."

Full Frame will come when it does, but it will come. Until then I'll use whatever Pentax cameras suit my needs, my lenses and my budget.
Sure, "just believe because I say so" that's insightful.

Just answer this: What do you prefer people who are really anxious to use FF right now to do? Sit here on PF, follow rumors and wine? Or that they just get a FF now and enjoy their existing Pentax crop gear as a second system?
10-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #180

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It was the interviewer, not Mr. Kitazawa, who said Pentax would launch a mirrorless FF. Sorry, but Mr. Kitazawa remains trustworthy
2 Clavius
It's epic fail