Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-26-2013, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax/Ricoh presence

Shock `n awe...I found this in a restcamp (actually 2) in Kruger NP, south Afrika:

K20D0872

K20D0874

I just had to make some snaps and share this with you

Kind regards,
Jacco

10-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for posting!

Free standing display module with nice header card, easy to set up, small footprint. Very nicely done. We think here mostly of camera equipment but Pentax Binoculars and scopes have also had a good reputation. Great to see the marketing department at work.

I said over a year ago that Pentax should target sporting goods shops for WR cameras, they already have space in sport optics section, just need to convince retailers to add a little space for WR cameras as well.
10-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I feel that the X5 is a smart choice in this case as it is not very expensive, well build and has a powerfull zoomrange. A convenient pick for tourists in the park that have lost, forgot or damaged their own cams or simply want a bigger reach, wouldn`t you say?
10-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Jacco. I'm honestly surprised to see any Pentax marketing in South Africa. In my experience, it's non existent. But good to see none the less, and a sign that Ricoh is prepared to spend on promoting Pentax.