Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2013, 07:08 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montréal QC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,707
Meanwhile in Montreal

Hi all,

So it appears that Pentax has a small presence at PhotoPlus. I just wanted to point out that there is a photo salon here in Montreal this weekend, and that Pentax Ricoh Canada actually have a pretty nice booth!



The booth is fairly well-situated, and about the same size as the Panasonic booth which is right behind it. When I took this photo it was almost closing time and everything was winding down, so it seems a bit more quiet than it should. The booth is well stocked with cameras and lenses, including several K-3s running firmware 1.0. It was cool to hold a K-3! It's a pretty massive camera, at least for this K-01 shooter. I was told they should be in stores in about one week.

10-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,414
That is a respectable setup. I'm sure people will complain about Ricoh being the dominate name.
10-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Pentaxian
bobmaxja's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Laval, Quebec Canada
Posts: 1,700
My friends just bought the K-3 special edition including the battery extension for $1469
. He was able to test the K-3 with the Flu card and is Ipad . He was sold with the photo quality . He was going to buy a Nikon FF.
Now we can exchange lense
10-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,977
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
My friends just bought the K-3 special edition including the battery extension for $1469
. He was able to test the K-3 with the Flu card and is Ipad . He was sold with the photo quality . He was going to buy a Nikon FF.
Now we can exchange lense
Nice to know that Montreal has the Pentax (Ricoh) brand promoted.

"Battery extension" .... was it the battery grip ?
Did he get good results with the FLU card ?

And, finally: where did he get the K3/battery ext. ? In Montreal ?

Thanks.

JP

10-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,977
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Hi all,

So it appears that Pentax has a small presence at PhotoPlus. I just wanted to point out that there is a photo salon here in Montreal this weekend, and that Pentax Ricoh Canada actually have a pretty nice booth!



The booth is fairly well-situated, and about the same size as the Panasonic booth which is right behind it. When I took this photo it was almost closing time and everything was winding down, so it seems a bit more quiet than it should. The booth is well stocked with cameras and lenses, including several K-3s running firmware 1.0. It was cool to hold a K-3! It's a pretty massive camera, at least for this K-01 shooter. I was told they should be in stores in about one week.
Montreal being the "metropolis", as it claims to be, should have more of those shows, especially when they include the Pentax camera brand.
This is one great piece of news for us "Québeckers" !
I couldn't help to notice a sign by Gosselin (left of the Pentax booth) ... they would probably carry Pentax, right?
Did you have the chance to ask where the K3 is available in Québec (province) and at what price?

Thanks for sharing.

JP
10-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #6
Pentaxian
bobmaxja's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Laval, Quebec Canada
Posts: 1,700
Yes that the batteries grip , And Yes Gosselin was the sponsor of the show. , Yes Gosselin carries Pentax in all their store
The Flu Card wa s marveleous as he said to me and help him took final decison
He bought also few lenses from Sigma who have a large booths and quite a lot of peoples knowing their stuff
10-26-2013, 08:44 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nelson B.C.
Posts: 3,211
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Hi all,

So it appears that Pentax has a small presence at PhotoPlus. I just wanted to point out that there is a photo salon here in Montreal this weekend, and that Pentax Ricoh Canada actually have a pretty nice booth!



The booth is fairly well-situated, and about the same size as the Panasonic booth which is right behind it. When I took this photo it was almost closing time and everything was winding down, so it seems a bit more quiet than it should. The booth is well stocked with cameras and lenses, including several K-3s running firmware 1.0. It was cool to hold a K-3! It's a pretty massive camera, at least for this K-01 shooter. I was told they should be in stores in about one week.
A week. Good news.
10-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #8
Site Supporter
vagrant10's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: portland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,327
thanks for sharing - good stuff!

10-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 2,951
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
The Flu Card wa s marveleous as he said to me and help him took final decison
Did he tell you what kind of functions this Flucard system includes, and how about images transfer speed ?
10-27-2013, 03:07 AM - 2 Likes   #10
Senior Member
Lucky-Luc's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 266
Wish I attended, but I had to help my brother daughter with a pregnency shooting.
10-27-2013, 06:50 AM   #11
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montréal QC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,707
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I couldn't help to notice a sign by Gosselin (left of the Pentax booth) ... they would probably carry Pentax, right?
Did you have the chance to ask where the K3 is available in Québec (province) and at what price?
Yes, as someone else mentioned, Gosselin sponsored the show. There's some weird politics going on with camera stores in Montreal, I think, because Canon was absent from the show, and this weekend Lozeau (the largest camera dealer in Montreal) is having a Canon event at their store. Also, Lozeau made no promotion for the K-3 whatsoever, just quietly adding it to the "newly released" section of their Web site without any top banner (whereas they had banners for the Sony A7, Nikon D610 and others).

The Pentax rep I spoke to seemed very knowledgeable. He told me he does shows and is also in charge of training sales people on new Pentax models - nice job! Since I was asking about the 4k-timelapse feature on the K-3, he pulled out a tablet and showed me a beautiful timelapse of aurora borealis (northern lights) that he shot in with a K-5 in Northern Ontario. At the show, I was quoted the standard $1299 for the K-3 body. But if I really wanted one, I might order from Royal Photo. The K-3 isn't even listed on their Web site yet, but I went into their Maisonneuve location this week and asked for a quote, and was told $1219, body only. The guy had no clue (didn't even know it's not released yet) and the (small) store had no Pentax presence that I saw, but the price is good!
10-27-2013, 07:38 PM - 2 Likes   #12
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Greater Montreal Area
Posts: 736
QuoteOriginally posted by Lucky-Luc Quote
Wish I attended, but I had to help my brother daughter with a pregnency shooting.
Wish I attended, but I had to help my wife deliver this lovely little girl



Too bad the K-3 will be one week late to the show...
10-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #13
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,977
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Yes, as someone else mentioned, Gosselin sponsored the show. There's some weird politics going on with camera stores in Montreal, I think, because Canon was absent from the show, and this weekend Lozeau (the largest camera dealer in Montreal) is having a Canon event at their store. Also, Lozeau made no promotion for the K-3 whatsoever, just quietly adding it to the "newly released" section of their Web site without any top banner (whereas they had banners for the Sony A7, Nikon D610 and others).

The Pentax rep I spoke to seemed very knowledgeable. He told me he does shows and is also in charge of training sales people on new Pentax models - nice job! Since I was asking about the 4k-timelapse feature on the K-3, he pulled out a tablet and showed me a beautiful timelapse of aurora borealis (northern lights) that he shot in with a K-5 in Northern Ontario. At the show, I was quoted the standard $1299 for the K-3 body. But if I really wanted one, I might order from Royal Photo. The K-3 isn't even listed on their Web site yet, but I went into their Maisonneuve location this week and asked for a quote, and was told $1219, body only. The guy had no clue (didn't even know it's not released yet) and the (small) store had no Pentax presence that I saw, but the price is good!
$1219 is indeed a very good price for a camera that is still in "pre-order" mode.

I don't know Royal Photo, but I do know Gosselin and Lozeau.
I would certainly think of an excuse to travel to Québec City at Gosslin ... Montréal being a tad far for me.

Thanks.

JP
10-27-2013, 08:27 PM - 1 Like   #14
Forum Member
kricha6431's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Silsbee, TX
Posts: 91
That is one CUTE little fella! Maybe she'll be a Pentaxian!
10-28-2013, 01:17 AM - 2 Likes   #15
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Greater Montreal Area
Posts: 736
Of course, daddy's girl will be!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
booth, montreal, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Meanwhile... gjtoth Post Your Photos! 6 05-12-2013 08:27 AM
Meanwhile, in Goergia State Politics Ratmagiclady General Talk 11 11-19-2012 11:20 PM
Places to visit and photograph in Montreal? nater Photographic Technique 7 09-08-2012 02:37 PM
American football player caught with a handgun in Montreal... ve2vfd General Talk 24 05-06-2012 09:43 PM
Meanwhile in China jolepp General Talk 5 10-11-2011 11:35 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:54 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top