Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
There will be discounts on all Pentax lenses at B&H, just like last year. Stay tuned to our homepage for the details!
How about bodies?

11-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #62
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
How about bodies?
There will be discounts, again stay tuned

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #63

Adam- When will the deals go live. today (Wednesday) at 12midnight or Thursday (Thanksgiving day) at 12midnight? (I am on East coast)
11-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

I can stay tuned, but my purse may be empty by then!!! Just jumped on the D7000 + 18-140 kit for $800!
But I have a nice (mini) pentax lens collection and need a competing deal to keep me from straying to the dark side!

11-27-2013, 07:28 AM - 1 Like   #65
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jaywes Quote
Adam- When will the deals go live. today (Wednesday) at 12midnight or Thursday (Thanksgiving day) at 12midnight? (I am on East coast)
Midnight is the first moment of the next day

so if we say Midnight Wednesday, that was 12:00 Wednesday morning

11:58 Tuesday, 11:59 Tuesday, ||| 12:00 Wednesday, 12:01 Wednesday

I'm guessing there has been some confusion about this on the forum recently.. (not specifically with you but in general) that could throw everyone off by a day..
11-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #66
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FireDog Quote
Hm...
two for the DA* 200mm...
two for the DA* 300mm...

To those that have and like the DA* 200mm how prone is it to purple fringing?
Welcome to Photozone! shows/suggests it can be a problem.
Their review is based on a 2008 model and a K10D.
PF really bugs me.
I have the three-amigos and the 31 PFs at times.
Pisses me off such that I rarely use it.
At or below F3.5 purple fringing is an issue on the 200. But it is quite easily remedied in Lightroom. Above F3.5, there is no significant fringing and the image is crystal clear. I have been extremely happy with IQ of the 200.

Here's one of many examples you can find in my flick stream: Snow Leopard is Bored | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
11-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #67
Forum Member

Adorama News

I was price shopping on the Adorama website and had the K50 with the 18-135 and 35mm Prime in the cart with memory card, carry bag and 3 year Pentax warranty in the cart for $1233 including shipping. The chat window popped up and I asked if the items in my cart were in the Black Friday specials. Jason told me to order now because they often sell out rapidly on the specials and that if the price goes lower within 30 days just notify them and they will price match and give me a credit for the price difference. I ordered on the spot.

11-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jaywes Quote
Seconded. Is it in 6.5 hours, or 30.5 hours? Or some other time?
11-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WVRICK Quote
I was price shopping on the Adorama website and had the K50 with the 18-135 and 35mm Prime in the cart with memory card, carry bag and 3 year Pentax warranty in the cart for $1233 including shipping. The chat window popped up and I asked if the items in my cart were in the Black Friday specials. Jason told me to order now because they often sell out rapidly on the specials and that if the price goes lower within 30 days just notify them and they will price match and give me a credit for the price difference. I ordered on the spot.
Hmm that doesn't sound like too much of a discount? They were recently selling K-50's with 18-135mm WR, card, bag & additional 2 year warranty for $849, and then by buying that very bundle you could add the 35mm lens for like $117.

I would keep your eyes open the next few days, I bet a bundle like that can be had for cheaper and you can try to get that price match.
11-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #70
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shaX 07 Quote
Hmm that doesn't sound like too much of a discount? They were recently selling K-50's with 18-135mm WR, card, bag & additional 2 year warranty for $849, and then by buying that very bundle you could add the 35mm lens for like $117.

I would keep your eyes open the next few days, I bet a bundle like that can be had for cheaper and you can try to get that price match.
Thanks, I will keep a look out for a drop in price.
11-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #71

Still no word on the time it will all kick-off???
11-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #72
Veteran Member

Tonigh at midnight per Adam in another message

Pentax Q System Black Friday Deals
These Black Friday savings on the Pentax Q system lenses & cameras will be going live at Adorama around midnight. Our homepage & deals section will be flooded with other deals so I wanted to post these separately & early for anyone who's interested

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/243838-pentax-q-system-black...#ixzz2lu0bwX8f
11-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #73

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
Tonigh at midnight per Adam in another message

Pentax Q System Black Friday Deals
These Black Friday savings on the Pentax Q system lenses & cameras will be going live at Adorama around midnight. Our homepage & deals section will be flooded with other deals so I wanted to post these separately & early for anyone who's interested

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/243838-pentax-q-system-black...#ixzz2lu0bwX8f
Yeah, I got curious and started to look for last year's Black Friday, which apparently started in the early AM hours on Thursday 22nd: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/206028-up-60-off-pe...y-special.html and https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/206027-up-60-off-pe...y-special.html

I signed up here, too, I guess. A newbie looking at his first prime lens in the 35mm ltd, or what else occurs to me in the next hours I spend looking through more stuff. I'll be staying awake tonight!
11-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #74
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by lost yesterday Quote
I signed up here, too, I guess. A newbie looking at his first prime lens in the 35mm ltd, or what else occurs to me in the next hours I spend looking through more stuff. I'll be staying awake tonight!
Well, I can tell you that there will be deals on all 4 of Pentax's 35mm lenses tomorrow

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #75
Site Supporter

What about bodies? Sadly, the k2000 I bought has a frozen MF-AF switch. So, I may just upgrade my K-x & give dd my K-x. I *know* how I've treated my camera.