Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 24 Likes Search this Thread
11-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I get it, a few things are getting under my skin for a while now...FF, brand name, new release camera bashing starting, without even decent testing, perhaps I need a break from the forums for a while, I can't even recognise the jokes anymore

11-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #137
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DennisH Quote
I was joking. I thought it would be obvious based on that colossally trollish K-3 thread and the indisputable truth that the gold camera is ridiculous.
I did not get it, my apologies ;-)
11-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #138
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I already own a 645D and Leica S2, so a gold LX-D wouldn't be too much of a stretch.
645D which I find A LOT on a certain belgian (or is it dutch) second hand website at rather stupid prices.
11-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #139
Pentaxian

Yeah, please Mr Ricoh, do want this digital

11-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #140
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
645D which I find A LOT on a certain belgian (or is it dutch) second hand website at rather stupid prices.
I take it you don't find the Leica S2 on there often.
11-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #141
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I take it you don't find the Leica S2 on there often.
No of course. But this is very recent and I'm curious as to why suddenly a lot of 645D get on the market. Weird. Or another 645 is incoming but we'd know that here as well wouldn't we ?
11-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote

Yeah, please Mr Ricoh, do want this digital
I bet Elvis would have owned one, if he'd lived. Maybe pink gold to match the Cadillac.

11-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #143
Veteran Member

So, what were the surprises then? The leaked 20-40mm lens and the Q lens? Are they official now?
11-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #144
Pentaxian

Both have been officially anounced last moday, and presented at the Ricoh/Pentax booth until tomorrow evening.
I just hope the thyphon in Philippines has not damaged too seriously the area...
11-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #145
Pentaxian

I just hope the thyphon in Philippines has not damaged too seriously the area...
Yes it has. Dunno about Pentax though...
11-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #146
Veteran Member

Both have been officially anounced last moday, and presented at the Ricoh/Pentax booth until tomorrow evening.
No reports yet from the plant, but the plant is a well-constructed facility and it's not high-rise so no need to worry much. Cebu/Mactan (where the plant is) so far weren't as hard-hit as Leyte island. I'm more worried about the employees and their families which we're still not sure because some areas are still in a communications blackout- no lights, no radio, no nothing.

but anyways, the lenses aren't made here, they're made in Vietnam...

...which was Haiyan's next destination.

going back to topic, what else were the "surprises" there in France?
11-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #147
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
No reports yet from the plant, but the plant is a well-constructed facility and it's not high-rise so no need to worry much. Cebu/Mactan (where the plant is) so far weren't as hard-hit as Leyte island. I'm more worried about the employees and their families which we're still not sure because some areas are still in a communications blackout- no lights, no radio, no nothing.

but anyways, the lenses aren't made here, they're made in Vietnam...

...which was Haiyan's next destination.

going back to topic, what else were the "surprises" there in France?
The devastation and death toll in the Philippines puts our little wants and squabbles into some perspective, doesn't it? Still, the continued operation of any manufacturing plant in the area will be important to bring wealth into the community to assist with rebuilding people's lives, but the loss of key workers may hamper that ability.

It's the last day of the Salon today, I believe, so unless Pentax is holding out for maximum impact, I doubt we're going to see anything new.

On to the next one, wherever that is.
11-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #148
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
The devastation and death toll in the Philippines puts our little wants and squabbles into some perspective, doesn't it? Still, the continued operation of any manufacturing plant in the area will be important to bring wealth into the community to assist with rebuilding people's lives, but the loss of key workers may hamper that ability.
It does definitely put everything into good perspective. A friend in the USA here on PF asked me over the weekend whether I was going to buy a K3 soon. I have decided no - I will put the money I have been putting aside for that as a donation towards relief work in the Philippines. A new camera is well down the list, same goes for new lenses really.

I have a lot of Filipino friends and colleagues - so I have seen the impact this disaster has been having on them as they try to reach family and friends and see if they are ok.
11-11-2013, 02:54 AM   #149
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
It does definitely put everything into good perspective. A friend in the USA here on PF asked me over the weekend whether I was going to buy a K3 soon. I have decided no - I will put the money I have been putting aside for that as a donation towards relief work in the Philippines. A new camera is well down the list, same goes for new lenses really.

I have a lot of Filipino friends and colleagues - so I have seen the impact this disaster has been having on them as they try to reach family and friends and see if they are ok.
onya Mate
thought I'd channel my Q obsession funds there...or Syria
11-11-2013, 02:56 AM   #150
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
onya Mate
thought I'd channel my Q obsession funds there...or Syria
Good onya Transit